• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz How to move cloth parts

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Just morph it in Blender. That's how the PAs make their morphs.

(Or more likely ZBrush, but that costs money.)

You can sculpt it with the cloth brush or elastic deform brush, or model a low-poly cage and use a mesh deform modifier. Those are just two of a dozen different ways to do it that don't even involve simulations.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Just morph it in Blender. That's how the PAs make their morphs.

(Or more likely ZBrush, but that costs money.)

You can sculpt it with the cloth brush or elastic deform brush, or model a low-poly cage and use a mesh deform modifier. Those are just two of a dozen different ways to do it that don't even involve simulations.
Got to look into Blender as this is free.
It's just one of the mundane things that are normal scenes but like me your stuck. Got to read into how do the Blender.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
And you gonna do that for each shots :rolleyes:?
That or pin few vertices on a mesh and animate them with dForce.
You should get credible folds and wrinkles in few mins.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
I'm a bit surprised that nobody mentioned Fit Control:

While it won't help you with the "raise the skirt" problem, it still has several useful "undress" morphs, especially in the breast area.
And it's a life saver if you happen to hate the "boob-sockets" look.

Reactions: simarimas

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
I am not sure if i am right but it seems that clothing parts are usually one part or bones.
So therefore you can only move the whole thing more or less.
If it had sections (bones?) that divide the upper and the lower you could probably do that and move the lower part upwards without the whole item.
Fit Control has that. But most of the time if you move it up it will move up everything which of course looks shit.
So i suppose you would need to rig it to make it work.
Or you move the whole thing to a point and hide the the worst parts from the view just to give the illusion that its moved.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
I am not sure if i am right but it seems that clothing parts are usually one part or bones.
So therefore you can only move the whole thing more or less.
If it had sections (bones?) that divide the upper and the lower you could probably do that and move the lower part upwards without the whole item.
Fit Control has that. But most of the time if you move it up it will move up everything which of course looks shit.
So i suppose you would need to rig it to make it work.
Or you move the whole thing to a point and hide the the worst parts from the view just to give the illusion that its moved.
If you want to deform the mesh, you need to make a morph in another program (or run a cloth sim).

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
Probably. I think Blender is probably what i need to do.
It usually is.

One trick I can tell you: learn how to use the 3d cursor as a pivot point. If you want to lift up or flatten cloth, it's extremely useful to know how to rotate and scale around an arbitrary point in space.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
I use Fit Control myself. Works well, for the most part, for undressing, moving clothing a bit. There are quite a few morphs it adds to clothing, so gives quite a bit of options. Not always perfect, but can get you close enough.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
It usually is.

One trick I can tell you: learn how to use the 3d cursor as a pivot point. If you want to lift up or flatten cloth, it's extremely useful to know how to rotate and scale around an arbitrary point in space.
I need to find me a online how to because i figured out some stuff, the aligning of background image and figure is off for me.
What i was trying is to sculpt a face based on a picture. Sound easy but it's not.

Anyway, yes, i will look into that. In summary it really depends what you want to show in an image. In my case i want to show or at least hint what the character is doing. Undressing (hint) because it's really hard to show that.
So i will try to accomplish the bottom skirt to move upwards to have the illusion of the person is sitting on a toilet and peeing and not peeing through the clothing.

But i have to learn more about how to use Blender first. Otherwise this is in vain.

MidnightArrow

Aug 22, 2021
I need to find me a online how to because i figured out some stuff, the aligning of background image and figure is off for me.
What i was trying is to sculpt a face based on a picture. Sound easy but it's not.

Anyway, yes, i will look into that. In summary it really depends what you want to show in an image. In my case i want to show or at least hint what the character is doing. Undressing (hint) because it's really hard to show that.
So i will try to accomplish the bottom skirt to move upwards to have the illusion of the person is sitting on a toilet and peeing and not peeing through the clothing.

But i have to learn more about how to use Blender first. Otherwise this is in vain.
Look for tutorials on proportional editing. It's basically the same as using Mesh Grabber in Daz.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
This was done in about 2 minutes using Fit Control. If I spent more time, could make it much better. But this is just to show you what you can do with it, without too much effort
Emmy test dress 1.png dress raised toilet.png

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
This was done in about 2 minutes using Fit Control. If I spent more time, could make it much better. But this is just to show you what you can do with it, without too much effort
View attachment 2116804 View attachment 2116808
Looks good to me.

The only thing that make me sometimes not to load fit is the settle time when you load it.
It takes like forever.
Is there a solution to this?
Can you load fit in your base figure (with the clothing of course) and have it basically ready?

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
You can load it on just the character, not in the scene, with the clothing on. Do your poses, adjustments you need, etc. Save just the character as a scene, or scene subset. Then merge that character into your scene. Is that what you were wondering? Also, once you are done with the morphs you want to use, use Fit Control to remove all morphs that aren't used on that clothing.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
You can load it on just the character, not in the scene, with the clothing on. Do your poses, adjustments you need, etc. Save just the character as a scene, or scene subset. Then merge that character into your scene. Is that what you were wondering? Also, once you are done with the morphs you want to use, use Fit Control to remove all morphs that aren't used on that clothing.
Yes, that is what i meant.
Usually i load it into the scene when i needed. Maybe the wrong approach because it takes minutes before you can do anything really. Very laggy for a while.

simarimas

Dev FitB Games
Game Developer
Oct 1, 2018
Yeah, depending on how much the character has on, clothing, hair etc. Another thing you can do, is remove all the clothing you aren't doing Fit control with. Load Fit control onto that one article of clothing, then add in the rest of the clothing after it is done. It seems to check everything on the character when it is loading the morphs, so that is what slows it down I think.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Weird. Do people do not use dForce at all? It's rather a simple solution for most cloth movement, as long as you stick with static images. I remember installing Marvelous Designer thinking it would speed up workflow but ended up doing the heavy lifting with dForce. Mostly used stupid tricks (ex: simulate upside down->bake morph->Re-simulate with wanted pose), animating with primitives, or animating . Once you got the ropes it's rather fast.

The Rogue Trader

Sep 12, 2021
Weird. Do people do not use dForce at all? It's rather a simple solution for most cloth movement, as long as you stick with static images.
Well, Yester64 wrote in the OP that dForce didn't help him in this situation. I've similar experiences, too:
Algide_example_r2.png
Notice how the cloth just hovers above her right shoulder.

Personally, I've nothing against dForce and I would use it more often, but my bathtub toaster computer hates it, and dForce hates both of us with a passion.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Well, Yester64 wrote in the OP that dForce didn't help him in this situation. I've similar experiences, too:
View attachment 2139894
Notice how the cloth just hovers above her right shoulder.

Personally, I've nothing against dForce and I would use it more often, but my bathtub toaster computer hates it, and dForce hates both of us with a passion.
For the breast part there seems to be great trick. You would use animate and have a before with flat breast and go 30 scenes or whatever it was called and end with the full breast. This will, as i had seen, give you the realistic cloth wrap. I have to check where i did see it but it worked.
For straps i dunno. I tried the magnetic stuff, didn't work. At least for me.