• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Wolf RPG How to package a files and folders in .wolf?

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
I unziped the game ( Imouto! Life ~Monochrome~) then translated it into Ukrainian. I had to do it this way because Translator++ said it couldn't unpack the translation... And when i want cheak localization i got error (
Common extractor is failed, trying to extract with new unpacker).
And now I don't know how to pack it back, please help :-(

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Jetsear692

Nov 14, 2017
I think i got something. Extract the .wolf files in the Data folder externally. I used WolfDec. then Translator++ will work.

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
I think i got something. Extract the .wolf files in the Data folder externally. I used WolfDec. then Translator++ will work.
Well... it `done` but i have error while unpucking i have many errors with intialization while game start and errors while save, etc. It even picked up the replaced graphic files from the fashion.
For now, I'm not talking about the question mark (?) that replaces the letter "i" by ukrainian , which is the least of my problems... But at least the game starts after holding down the Space and Enter buttons at startup to avoid a lot of initializations and errors.

But thank you for the advice, the game at least starts :3 for example ZeroXIX, and F95zone.
But I can't do a direct ping, as some other sites do, for example, through @ :-(. I think I'll ask them for help if they don't mind helping with localization...to them in a few days if I can't get the game to work properly and if this pinging through the link doesn't work.

Jetsear692

Nov 14, 2017
If the issue is the game before any translation work has been done then try this.
Make sure no .wolf files are in the Data folder when using Translator++, they just dont work with it. Once they're extracted into Folders with WolfDec, Move or Delete them from the Data folder. Translator++ should work, and then once you translate what you need to, Injecting it should work fine. This how it went for me changing the intro line and first choice to test, using the steam version.
1711476695037.png

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
If the issue is the game before any translation work has been done then try this.
Make sure no .wolf files are in the Data folder when using Translator++, they just dont work with it. Once they're extracted into Folders with WolfDec, Move or Delete them from the Data folder. Translator++ should work, and then once you translate what you need to, Injecting it should work fine. This how it went for me changing the intro line and first choice to test, using the steam version.
View attachment 3481133
I'll try it tomorrow, thx

Hola_HD

Dec 4, 2020
I'll try it tomorrow, thx
Did you manage it? By the way, which game are you trying to translate: the first one or the second, titled "Fantasy"?

I've decided to translate "Living With Sister - Monochrome Fantasy," and I have the same question—how should it be packaged? And is packaging necessary? I've noticed that the game functions without being packed.

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
Did you manage it? By the way, which game are you trying to translate: the first one or the second, titled "Fantasy"?

I've decided to translate "Living With Sister - Monochrome Fantasy," and I have the same question—how should it be packaged? And is packaging necessary? I've noticed that the game functions without being packed.
I don't have time to do it right now to test it, but I think I did it with some other game, but there were problems because Translator+ can't embed the translation, I had to unzip the .wolf file first, then extract the translation from Translator+ and embed it in the unzipped archive... I don't remember what I did next, I think I used some program (I don't remember which one) to pack the archive, or something...
In general, it happened somehow by accident...
In general, after a while I will return to the translation of Imouto! Life ~Monochrome~, but I don't know when exactly.

Hola_HD

Dec 4, 2020
I don't have time to do it right now to test it, but I think I did it with some other game, but there were problems because Translator+ can't embed the translation, I had to unzip the .wolf file first, then extract the translation from Translator+ and embed it in the unzipped archive... I don't remember what I did next, I think I used some program (I don't remember which one) to pack the archive, or something...
In general, it happened somehow by accident...
In general, after a while I will return to the translation of Imouto! Life ~Monochrome~, but I don't know when exactly.
I spend whole day to understand why after creating the project in Translator++ the game does not run. So far I do the same as you did, unpacking with WolfDec, and manually update Data folder.

But what game you started to translate,
this https://f95zone.to/threads/imouto-life-monochrome-v2-01-inusuku.37378/
or
this https://f95zone.to/threads/living-with-sister-monochrome-fantasy-steam-inusuku.104365/
?

Asking, because I am translating to UKR lang also .

Reactions: AniSisUA

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
I spend whole day to understand why after creating the project in Translator++ the game does not run. So far I do the same as you did, unpacking with WolfDec, and manually update Data folder.

But what game you started to translate,
this https://f95zone.to/threads/imouto-life-monochrome-v2-01-inusuku.37378/
or
this https://f95zone.to/threads/living-with-sister-monochrome-fantasy-steam-inusuku.104365/
?

Asking, because I am translating to UKR lang also .
https://f95zone.to/threads/imouto-life-monochrome-v2-01-inusuku.37378/

Ти наш земляк? :cool:

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
Ну а хто ще буде перекладати на українську?
То перша гра. Я узявся за другу, то ж, подвійної роботи не буде)
Зрозуміло, от тільки я геть не пам'ятаю, як я назад запаковував)

Hola_HD

Dec 4, 2020
Зрозуміло, от тільки я геть не пам'ятаю, як я назад запаковував)
Як згадаєш, то напиши сюди. А так, і без запаковки наче працює. Хоча це ще питання чи буде і далі працювати, бо це я вперше перекладаю гру. Хто зна що там далі буде. Взагалі то спочатку хотів прекласти IXION, але... так і не зміг дістатися файлів

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
Як згадаєш, то напиши сюди. А так, і без запаковки наче працює. Хоча це ще питання чи буде і далі працювати, бо це я вперше перекладаю гру. Хто зна що там далі буде. Взагалі то спочатку хотів прекласти IXION, але... так і не зміг дістатися файлів
Добре, як зроблю та перевірю - відпишу тут

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
А нє, я це робив з .xp3 файлами... В загальному як дойдуть руки я перевірю це, можеш звичайно і ти, якщо маєш час..

Hola_HD

Dec 4, 2020
А нє, я це робив з .xp3 файлами... В загальному як дойдуть руки я перевірю це, можеш звичайно і ти, якщо маєш час..
I'll switch to English so that others can understand.

Jetsear692 described how to unpack and work with files, and that's exactly what I did. I spent one day understanding that Translator++ unpacks all the *.wolf files in the Data folder, but almost all the folders I get after unpacking are empty.

For example, in the case of the "Living With Sister Monochrome Fantasy" game, all the assets are inside the Data folder
1715468018550.png

and are packed as *.wolf files.
1715468081067.png

Translator++ will attempt to unpack these files, but the unpacking will be incorrect. You will see a lot of folders named the same as the *.wolf files, but these will be empty. That's not what you need. Instead, before creating a project in Translator++, use WolfDec to properly unpack the archives. You will see something like this:
1715468403465.png
In the Data folder, there should not be any *.wolf files; remove those (keep them somewhere outside of the game folder as a backup). Keep only the unpacked folders (and fonts, if any).

After that, you can create a project with Translator++.

When you make some changes and want to test them, in Translator++ use Export Project > Export to a folder. Save it somewhere. These will be the modified files from the unpacked *.wolf archives. Move the folders to Data and overwrite them. Now, you can run the .exe file to test.

The interesting thing for me was that the game doesn't really care what is inside the Data folder, whether it's *.wolf files or just unpacked folders with files inside (but not both).

Reactions: AniSisUA

AniSisUA

Formerly 'ndehost'
Oct 6, 2023
Looks good.
So, As I can see the game is this one https://f95zone.to/threads/living-with-sister-monochrome-fantasy-steam-inusuku.104365/ (same as I work with. Should work for you then)
Unfortunately no, Imouto! Life ~Monochrome~ is only packaged, while Fantasy is unpackaged and does not require more effort like Imouto.
I'm currently trying to embed an existing very partial test translation, having previously unpacked Data.wolf with UberWolf.
But I don't know if it will work... if it works in this crippled way, it will be great.

Okay, the translation works, but how do you fix the question marks that replace the Ukrainian letter "i"...?
1715633980325.png

Hola_HD

Dec 4, 2020
Unfortunately no, Imouto! Life ~Monochrome~ is only packaged, while Fantasy is unpackaged and does not require more effort like Imouto.
I'm currently trying to embed an existing very partial test translation, having previously unpacked Data.wolf with UberWolf.
But I don't know if it will work... if it works in this crippled way, it will be great.

Okay, the translation works, but how do you fix the question marks that replace the Ukrainian letter "i"...?
View attachment 3631617
I'm also encountering some issues with letters in Fantasy. There is no "O" or "П". The letter "Щ" appears as "W". The problem is likely in the fonts; not all fonts support Cyrillic. The solution could be to find the fonts in game, check if they really do not have the needed characters, and modify them. I've never done this before. As a second option, you could try replacing the font with another one. You can use something like FontBase to find a similar font.