Tutorial Unreal Engine How To Uncensor (Almost) Any UE4 Game

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
Just a reminder, the latest version of 3Dmigoto is 1.3.16 (26 Mar 2019), you should use that one. Older versions don't have the shader hash copying function implemented. It copies the hash to the clipboard directly, without you needing to look into ShaderFixes.
ww.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Prick

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Just a reminder, the latest version of 3Dmigoto is 1.3.16 (26 Mar 2019), you should use that one. Older versions don't have the shader hash copying function implemented. It copies the hash to the clipboard directly, without you needing to look into ShaderFixes.
Can't believe I didn't notice the botched alphabetical sort order
Thank you for pointing that out

Shadowyy

Oct 12, 2017
Results here~
Ignore the failure message when you mark the shader, it still gets the hash and lets you continue with the tutorial 1655690268541.png

Reactions: OuterACG

Prosto Pizdec

Jun 13, 2018
Guys I'm stuck, after you defeat his sister and complete Herbas questline what to do next?

Last edited:

wazxy

Jul 8, 2019
I'm try to use two skipped commands at the same time,only the above has effect
u4.JPG u41.JPG
Where is the mistake?

Prick

Jul 17, 2017

Where is the mistake?
Are you still launching the game from the shortcut you created?
I'm not really sure.

I did this exact same method for another game and it worked fine.

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
View attachment 1895888 View attachment 1895889
Where is the mistake?
You can't have two sections with the same name, or else only the first iteraction will work. Name the later as something else, like "[ShaderOverrideMosaics2]". As a matter of fact you can name it as anything you want; the part that matters is "shaderoverride".

Reactions: Prick

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Good to see others show interest in UE editing, 3dmitigo is a great way to start too. While it does tax systems more, it is quite easy to use with a little bit of knowledge. Not only for removing mosaics but alter anything within the game environment. I mean the whole project was built then pretty much form fit to making mods for DOAXVV.
Ex. 1 button for clothes swapping
In this particular one her shirt, skirt, bra, and panties are all separate assets that can be toggled.
LastHope.gif
Sidenote:
It means that if you want to share the demosaic, you're basically reuploading the entire game.
You can edit appropriate files and repack them by themselves. Unreal is very accommodating for it, just follow the name of the original pak and add a _p. So if your original pak was something like gamefiles.pak you take your edited files, repak them and call it gamefiles_p.pak. This does require a lot more know how though than things like mitigo

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Sidenote:
Thanks for popping in, I didn't know that about UE. Figured due to how most pak's are obfuscated through encryption, modding isn't all that encouraged in the first place. Seems like a good way for a dev to push a patch more than anything. But TBH I have basically zero game engine / developer experience, at most hammer editor way back around when Half Life came out. But UE is it's own beast of a program, and I've never been inspired to fiddle around with making my own stuff.

If you go read through the last couple pages of my Unity thread, you'll see a quick example of how far I got into decrypting a pak file. I got way in over my capabilities and got stuck trying to identify the memory address responsible for loading the decryption key. I quickly decided it was too complex to write my own guide on, and according to the few sources I found, the method could change based on which version of UE the developer packed the game with.

I like 3Dmigoto, it's fairly intuitive, and makes quick work of identifying and then patching out whatever shader you want.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Somehow I missed a whole bunch of posts in that thread. >.> Had I known I could have helped there. I actually got asked by another member to do that same game a couple days before it was mentioned in the thread.

Yeah it can definitely be more of a hassle trying to getting the aes key then decryption then edit then repack, especially if they run anything other than default packing methods. Not to mention the space needed for the unreal engine(s) to do the editing. Gildor & zenhax are good places to lurk as well as the official unreal documentation.

As for grabbing the aes key, someone else already pointed out the "AES finder" (not on github) if you don't want to do it yourself. I recommend the DIY approach before taking the easy way out through, but then again I find that kind of thing fun and I know a lot of others don't.

I may not be the most knowledgeable about the subject, but I have done a small share of uncensor so far. So don't hesitate to poke me and see if I can do something for a game that might need some love or just questions in general.

• Red Heart
Reactions: OuterACG and Prick

OuterACG

Jun 14, 2021
Thanks for your sharing!
I can apply multi ShaderOverrides setting to RJ297839 according to the #32 floor.
If you think so,please update guide,thanks!

Prick

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks for your sharing!
I can apply multi ShaderOverrides setting to RJ297839 according to the #32 floor.
If you think so,please update guide,thanks!
I tried to uncensor that game, the censor is a texture which is also a part of the UI.
Which means if you disable the little pink heart, you will also lose all of the user interface.

I went ahead and updated the "disabling" section of the guide.

The unique naming convention is something I was able to figure out in the wild, but not something I thought about while writing the guide.

DarkDoragon

Sep 17, 2018
I tried to uncensor that game, the censor is a texture which is also a part of the UI.
Which means if you disable the little pink heart, you will also lose all of the user interface.

I went ahead and updated the "disabling" section of the guide.

The unique naming convention is something I was able to figure out in the wild, but not something I thought about while writing the guide.
Code:
[ShaderOverrideCensor]
hash=0965279373093f5d
checktextureoverride=ps-t0

[TextureOverrideCensor]
hash=39813839
handling=skip
These lines should disable just the pink pig.