Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

Gengu

May 11, 2017
Hello everyone!
just released a new game made on Unity.
here's the download link if any one want to take a look.

Reactions: yolomancer3000
Apr 22, 2020
Hello everyone!
just released a new game made on Unity.
here's the download link if any one want to take a look.
10/10 game, hope to see this descensored.

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017
Only unpack unity3d and only work in sharedassets6
example img
hey i am doing this for the first time and im having some trouble.
what was the file name under sharedassets6 ??
was is Chara_Mosaic?

runin

Oct 16, 2018
I did everything according to the manual and it still doesn´t work. Any ideas ? I´ve modified the 2 files named: Mozaiku and Mozaiku2 1587660440014.png

Reactions: KillMyDay

runin

Oct 16, 2018
Only unpack unity3d and only work in sharedassets6
example img
Can you maybe explain what files specifically you edited in what manner ? I don´t seem to get it working. Also, how did you translate it ? Thanks

Reactions: KillMyDay

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017
Can you maybe explain what files specifically you edited in what manner ? I don´t seem to get it working. Also, how did you translate it ? Thanks
regarding the translation, i got it to but having trouble with the uncencor

Follow this guide for the translation although icons can not be translated i think (at least not for me )
it will show jap first and after a sec or 2 it will go to eng.
i might have done something wrong but it work for me

it will take you 5 or max 10 min just follow the guide

Apr 22, 2020
Im getting trouble with uncensor too and thanks for the guide to the translation by the way, I finished the game but maybe the dialogues are interesting.

Lets hope that our friend bring some light upon us about descensor this.

KillMyDay

Jul 9, 2017
How to Uncencor /

Follow the guide and look for a file named Mozaiku. (it is in unity3d then go to sharedassets6.assets then click info then sort under name)
you will see the text(for me at least):
1 string m_Name = "Mozaiku"
0 PPtr<Shader> m_Shader
0 int m_FileID = 9
0 SInt64 m_PathID = 371

now we know the PathID= 371 go back to UABE... and sort on PathID and look for 371
like in the TUT look for the file named : unnamed asset
export dump that file and open it then CTRL-F and look for colMask
(here is where i made the mistake earlier i thought i had to change the 0 in front of the SerializedShaderFloatValue to 1 *still learning* )

when you search you will see this:

0 SerializedShaderFloatValue colMask
0 float val = 15

now change the *0 float val = 15* TO *0 float val = 0*

you need to do this for all the colMasks you can find in that txt file
now save and import dump in the same file : unnamed asset (pathID 317)

and thats it

Here is a Uncencored version of : /

Last edited:

Lune44

Apr 9, 2019
So I was just trying this in [marmaladestar] ToLUV Ru Diary SISTER and it appeared to me there are only 2 shader assets with "mosaic" in the name in the resources folder as well as 2 monoscript files in globalgamemanagers. There are no material files I could find for mosaic. Anyway, I tried the shader method on both shader files and it did jack squat, neither 0 or 1 did anything. Removing monoscript does break the game for this one so that's not gonna work.
I'm wondering if maybe there are other files associated with mosaic that are not named as such that override the changing of the 2 shader files maybe?
If anyone has thoughts on this it'd be greatly appreciated.

Nov 22, 2018
So I was just trying this in [marmaladestar] ToLUV Ru Diary SISTER and it appeared to me there are only 2 shader assets with "mosaic" in the name in the resources folder as well as 2 monoscript files in globalgamemanagers. There are no material files I could find for mosaic. Anyway, I tried the shader method on both shader files and it did jack squat, neither 0 or 1 did anything. Removing monoscript does break the game for this one so that's not gonna work.
I'm wondering if maybe there are other files associated with mosaic that are not named as such that override the changing of the 2 shader files maybe?
If anyone has thoughts on this it'd be greatly appreciated.
You can first use "Unity Asset Studio" that mentioned in #1 to check if there is something uncensored in a game.

Lune44

Apr 9, 2019
Then you should found out all the pics and video clips are already censored.
If you want to decensor them, you can only redraw them, that isn't within this tutorial.
Depends on the content, that's mostly true with 2d textures but this is not that. Not from what I can tell at least.
What I mean Is I don't believe this is a game that textures would need to be "redrawn or re-rendered" I did this already before with Nekopara Coconut scene. I had someone redraw frames and I but video and sound back together so I'm aware. I am almost certain there is a different issue here on this game.

Nov 22, 2018
Depends on the content, that's mostly true with 2d textures but this is not that. Not from what I can tell at least.
What I mean Is I don't believe this is a game that textures would need to be "redrawn or re-rendered" I did this already before with Nekopara Coconut scene. I had someone redraw frames and I but video and sound back together so I'm aware. I am almost certain there is a different issue here on this game.
If my game that found in is same as yours, it can't be decensored unless you find the author and get the raw resources.
The decensor method mentioned in this thread is mainly removing the mosaic filter. That means the pics or movies are uncensored, with mosaic filter covered on them. If the pics are already censored in the resources, even removing the filter will still have censored pics (for example, this one). For that case, the only thing you can to is on the censored pics (redraw and/or replace, like this one).
Finding uncensored pics or movies in the games first can ensure your next step - disable the filter or redraw the pics.

Last edited:

Lune44

Apr 9, 2019
If my game that found in is same as yours
It would appear so, though mine was from anime-sharing. Well shoot, I guess I'll just leave it then. More work than it's worth lol I'm not about to try and re-render those assets. I am still only learning 3d rendering myself.