• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tutorial Unity How To Uncensor (Almost) Any Unity Game

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
ah thank you very much, hex editing isn't something I've had a lot to do with. Will remember that for next time though, would like to give it a try.
It's nothing crazy, the hardest part is finding out where the 'find and replace' tool is.

I really need to add the alternative hex method to the guide.
UABEA is starting to fall behind with the newest games.

leroylam477

Jun 19, 2022
So there is a game I have been trying to uncensor, but Avalonia and UABE both do not support the unity version the game's using. Seems the dev decided to use a really old unity version, 2018.4.11
So when you try to import/remove the mosaic files. The game cant start due to version mismatch. There's a few variables related to mosaic in the assembly but removing them didn't seem to do anything. DnSpy's search doesnt really help.
The game's Ecchi & Craft by Azcat.

Alright, after a few more hours of messing around I decided to try Marco's demosaics
You need to use Dumb Renderer Demosaic to get rid of the mosaic on the pussy
and CombinedMeshDemosaic to get rid of the mosaic on phalli
Edit: Actually this results in huge amount of memory leaks. Bepinex is straight up consuming 10GB of RAM over time, from 500MB at startup.
No matter which dll I use. Maybe it's a bepinex version issue?

Here's a link if anyone wants to take a crack at it.

Yooo finally. hunted down the Shader and used colMask method. Uploading the fixed version to ^

Edit: The game is Ecchi & Craft
i am no expert in this but how can i transfer the patch to a different version say 0.43 of Ecchi&Craft (if that version is to be released)? do i replace the MonoEdgeBleeding folder or data folder?

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
i am no expert in this but how can i transfer the patch to a different version say 0.43 of Ecchi&Craft (if that version is to be released)? do i replace the MonoEdgeBleeding folder or data folder?
9/10 times a patch for a previous build will crash the new build.
Either do it yourself or wait for someone to share.

Reactions: leroylam477

leroylam477

Jun 19, 2022
9/10 times a patch for a previous build will crash the new build.
Either do it yourself or wait for someone to share.
but the method should be the same right? like how GranTurboAutismo was able to find the shader and used the colMask method (not sure which shader file was found) so it possibly could be the same thing for the newer version?

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
but the method should be the same right? like how GranTurboAutismo was able to find the shader and used the colMask method (not sure which shader file was found) so it possibly could be the same thing for the newer version?
I left some of the files i messed with in the folder so you might be able to guess where to look but anyway..
1667274579048.png
load up sharedassets2.assets
1667274668410.png
find the mosaic material, note the pathID that it's pointing to, find it
1667275016863.png
now do export dump, and follow the OP directions for shader

Reactions: leroylam477

AltusDev

Aug 30, 2022
Yeah so I have a bit of a problem here. I am basically paralysed since I am on Linux and I can't run .exe files.
"But you can use Wine to run .exe file-"
Yes smart Jimmy I can but Wine does not seem to work on AssetBundleExtractor.exe, I am spam clicking it to no avail.
Even after switching up the files properties and allowing it to run as a program, it still doesn't want to budge.

So unless they make a Linux edition of Unity Asset Bundle Extractor, I am stuck here hopelessly asking for uncensor requests for my games in the forums.

Last edited:

Prick

Engaged Member
Jul 17, 2017
Yeah so I have a bit of a problem here. I am basically paralysed since I am on Linux and I can't run .exe files.
"But you can use Wine to run .exe file-"
Yes smart Jimmy I can but Wine does not seem to work on AssetBundleExtractor.exe, I am spam clicking it to no avail.
Even after switching up the files properties and allowing it to run as a program, it still doesn't want to budge.

So unless they make a Linux edition of Unity Asset Bundle Extractor, I am stuck here hopelessly asking for uncensor requests for my games in the forums.
You could always run a VM and do the non-Linux supported stuff there

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
, the other version of UABE that we reference here, does have a linux version. No clue how well it works though.
Found a copy of the game(v0.55) that happened to already be decensored, but looking into the files I would assume you need to change the "MosaicField" shader in sharedassets0. Material editing is so 2018.

Reactions: Dagod1166

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
UABEA crashes when trying to import large textures. Though the latest version of UABE imports it just fine. I feel like since the recent update UABE is back to being the better tool out of the two? Also if you dont pick a file and press cancel when importing raw/dump, UABEA crashes.

funog1

Modder
Mar 2, 2017
Really? Cool that UABE is back. Haven't really used or kept up to date on either since I started making bepinex plugin decensors.

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Really? Cool that UABE is back. Haven't really used or kept up to date on either since I started making bepinex plugin decensors.
Bepinex plugins work fine for most games but there are still some exceptions like Night of Revenge or Ecchi&Craft, the two games I had to manually decensor since plugins would break other things than just the censors.
Wonder why there isnt a tool to just automate the time consuming process of finding Mosaic shader/material and disabling it in the assets file themselves.

I have suspicions that since the decensor plugins hit mainstream, the devs are being forced to add in more tedious mosaic methods (as well as outright baking in the censors) by DLsite...

Dagod1166

Nov 3, 2018
, the other version of UABE that we reference here, does have a linux version. No clue how well it works though.

Found a copy of the game(v0.55) that happened to already be decensored, but looking into the files I would assume you need to change the "MosaicField" shader in sharedassets0. Material editing is so 2018.
Got it thanks, had to use AssetStudio to get the shader names. AssetBundleExtractor was showing everything as unnamed.

Reactions: funog1

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Got it thanks, had to use AssetStudio to get the shader names. AssetBundleExtractor was showing everything as unnamed.
Wouldnt you usually just go to the pathID referenced in the material? Even if it's unnamed, there'd be only one corresponding shader, and in the details it states the name of the shader/material anyway.

Dagod1166

Nov 3, 2018
Wouldnt you usually just go to the pathID referenced in the material? Even if it's unnamed, there'd be only one corresponding shader, and in the details it states the name of the shader/material anyway.
Couldn't find the material in this case. Using AssetStudio I was able to find the shader and exported using AssetBundleExtractor with the pathID.

gluestick

Oct 3, 2020
Could someone explain how to install BepInEx to a game? I'm trying to use the manlymarco decensoring plugin, but I'm having a hard time understanding the step about installing the program to the game. I've unzipped BepInEx to the folder which has the .exe and put in the plugin to the /plugins folder, and it doesn't work, which leads me to think I've done something wrong, as a poster earlier in the thread claimed that the manlymarco plugins work on the game I'm trying to uncensor. Could someone give a quick explanation?

GranTurboAutismo

Aug 4, 2019
Could someone explain how to install BepInEx to a game? I'm trying to use the manlymarco decensoring plugin, but I'm having a hard time understanding the step about installing the program to the game. I've unzipped BepInEx to the folder which has the .exe and put in the plugin to the /plugins folder, and it doesn't work, which leads me to think I've done something wrong, as a poster earlier in the thread claimed that the manlymarco plugins work on the game I'm trying to uncensor. Could someone give a quick explanation?

Come on dude

Just copy paste the same bepinex folder, doorstop_config.ini and winhttp.dll to whatever unity game you want. It will work.

Reactions: OuterACG