eamanager

Aug 12, 2017
His last post made it sound like he had roughly 56 hours left of work left on the game which is OK. He doesn't need to exaggerate working 12-14 hours for 3-4 days or do something completely unreasonable like that to meet a deadline HE set up. It would have been much smarter if he just said it was gonna come out around the end of august and end up posting it earlier than expected. Now its another missed deadline when the expectation you set for yourself is too high. Personally I think most people would rather have an unreasonable long date and be surprised with an early update than constantly be disappointing with delays.

astranabeat

Jun 6, 2017
This is a difficult question to answer.

See, at first I don't want HS Tutor to be a very long game, and it's more focused on the "sandbox" element than the stories, which are super simple.

In Zoe's case, the player can ignore Mila almost completely, and yet get to the "end" of her storyline, which is where Zoe is available for sex whenever the player wants to. In the next version (0.6.0), the only option will be sex in her room, but later I will create several alternatives for other locations in the game.

The bathing event with Zoe and Mila, at first, will just be the way to close the two storylines at a certain point. This event only exists to make it possible for me to implement new sex scenes with both of them together. Obviously to gain access to these scenes, the player will have to complete the quest for Zoe and Mila.

Now the question I don't know the answer to: after the moment the player can have sex with Zoe at any time, will there be more normal events developing her storyline?

As I said at the beginning of this post, I don't want HS Tutor to become a very big game, so I'm currently inclined to just give the player the option to invite her to live with him in another city, which marks the "ending" of the game (ie just another event telling the end of the story and that's it!).

However, I feel that Zoe is a character that can make a lot of interesting events possible (not necessarily involving sex), and maybe I should expand her storyline longer. In this case, I will try not to link the continuity of events with Mila, so the player can focus only on Zoe and still unlock her ending scene.
I really want this to be a long game. I like Oyakodon and this game has perfect scenario for it. Meet new student then fuck their entry family well except guys member ofc if the game has any.

It's good you will make ending like Sovalley. Everyone has different taste and some just want to see thier favorite and don't care about other girls. For me I like every girls and women. Why choose when you can have everyone. I want to see MC impregnant every female in the game. Want to see how chaostic that will be XD.

Last, plz let me choose to let Mila's hair down when she at home. Women double their hotness when they do that.

tonny

Jun 14, 2017
Mc's mom talking about celebrating, my exam, when will that happen? in this update or? dont feel like skipping days if nothing is gonna happen :)

eamanager

Aug 12, 2017
That the dev doesn't exist in this world for the sole purpose of giving you the game you want. He's making a game he wants to make. Sure, he may set himself deadlines that he doesn't deliver on, he is backing himself into a corner with them, but that's how he operates. Not a good thing, but that's how it is.
BIG YIKES my man. The whole point of Patreon is to make something PEOPLE want and are willing to fund. Future patreon supporters and TK should have a mutual understanding of expectations for the work and finished product but the fact remains that ANYONE who is supporting him expects him to do something. TK is not exempt from criticism. If he doesn't handle himself or his project in a professional manner PEOPLE SHOULD LET HIM KNOW. There is literal no downside to letting people BEFORE HAND that he was having an issue with his workplace but he didn't. People expecting the update in early july because of self-proclaimed "bad work ethic" in june had to wait more than 2 weeks before making a post saying he wont be able to work till july 20th. BAD GAMER MOVE. There needs to be work progression or actual deadlines so that the people can know you are not milking or in this case slacking off and keep faith. The closest thing we got to work progress was a response post he made 3 weeks ago

HS TUTOR:
- functional sex gallery (100%, )
- option to change roles in scene replays (100%)
- event Claire bedroom 1 (100%)
- event Claire bedroom 2 (100%)
- event Claire school 1 (100%)
- event Claire school 2, repeatable (100%)
- event Claire and mother (99%)
- event Helena's sex, repeatable (~75%)
- event Claire's sex, repeatable (~75%)
- event Mila blowjob, repeatable (0 %)
- event Mila sex, repeatable (~66%)
- event Zoe sex, repeatable (~66%)
- event Zoe and Claire in the locker room (25%)
- event Zoe and Mila story (25%)
Again this was 3 weeks ago.

He also mentioned on the 13th of August
"If I work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, about 12-14 hours each day, I'll make it."
Thats at most 56 hours of work left. Do you think the progress matches the hours of work left? Fuck if I know. Point is people should be allowed more consistent information so that they can make these decisions on their own. It doesn't have to be so fucking difficult. There are a lot of patreons that hate this and don't want it because it HOLDS THEM ACCOUNTABLE for the work they do but for the patreons that do roadmaps and plan ahead people fucking love it.

I was gonna go through and break down everything wrong with your post quote by quote but the whole fuckin thing is just a dumpster fire and I'll id rather spend my time doing something more productive. There is so much negative shit to be said for how things were handled the past 3 months but id rather just end it with some actual advice for TK:
-Start doing your blog again.
- Keep being active in the community.
- You literally cannot maintain a patreon or community if you keep doing things on the fly. Road maps and personal goals will save you so much time and improve your life significantly.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
BIG YIKES my man. The whole point of Patreon is to make something PEOPLE want and are willing to fund. Future patreon supporters and TK should have a mutual understanding of expectations for the work and finished product but the fact remains that ANYONE who is supporting him expects him to do something. TK is not exempt from criticism. If he doesn't handle himself or his project in a professional manner PEOPLE SHOULD LET HIM KNOW. There is literal no downside to letting people BEFORE HAND that he was having an issue with his workplace but he didn't. People expecting the update in early july because of self-proclaimed "bad work ethic" in june had to wait more than 2 weeks before making a post saying he wont be able to work till july 20th. BAD GAMER MOVE. There needs to be work progression or actual deadlines so that the people can know you are not milking or in this case slacking off and keep faith. The closest thing we got to work progress was a response post he made 3 weeks ago

HS TUTOR:
- functional sex gallery (100%, )
- option to change roles in scene replays (100%)
- event Claire bedroom 1 (100%)
- event Claire bedroom 2 (100%)
- event Claire school 1 (100%)
- event Claire school 2, repeatable (100%)
- event Claire and mother (99%)
- event Helena's sex, repeatable (~75%)
- event Claire's sex, repeatable (~75%)
- event Mila blowjob, repeatable (0 %)
- event Mila sex, repeatable (~66%)
- event Zoe sex, repeatable (~66%)
- event Zoe and Claire in the locker room (25%)
- event Zoe and Mila story (25%)
Again this was 3 weeks ago.

He also mentioned on the 13th of August
"If I work Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, about 12-14 hours each day, I'll make it."
Thats at most 56 hours of work left. Do you think the progress matches the hours of work left? Fuck if I know. Point is people should be allowed more consistent information so that they can make these decisions on their own. It doesn't have to be so fucking difficult. There are a lot of patreons that hate this and don't want it because it HOLDS THEM ACCOUNTABLE for the work they do but for the patreons that do roadmaps and plan ahead people fucking love it.

I was gonna go through and break down everything wrong with your post quote by quote but the whole fuckin thing is just a dumpster fire and I'll id rather spend my time doing something more productive. There is so much negative shit to be said for how things were handled the past 3 months but id rather just end it with some actual advice for TK:
-Start doing your blog again.
- Keep being active in the community.
- You literally cannot maintain a patreon or community if you keep doing things on the fly. Road maps and personal goals will save you so much time and improve your life significantly.
I think you want Patreon to be something it isn't. Pledging money to a creator doesn't make you an investor, you're not buying a product either. You're giving money away to somebody to help them. That's all it is. Most of the game devs on Patreon are amateurs. They do it as a hobby, on top of their actual full-time jobs.

Now, you're right about criticism, though. You got a right to voice discontent and you should use that right, by all means. But really the amount of power you rightfully have over a creator's project is exactly as much as they decide to give you.

eamanager

Aug 12, 2017
I think you want Patreon to be something it isn't. Pledging money to a creator doesn't make you an investor, you're not buying a product either. You're giving money away to somebody to help them. That's all it is. Most of the game devs on Patreon are amateurs. They do it as a hobby, on top of their actual full-time jobs.

Now, you're right about criticism, though. You got a right to voice discontent and you should use that right, by all means. But really the amount of power you rightfully have over a creator's project is exactly as much as they decide to give you.
Patreon is in a really weird spot between a psudo buisness and charity. I find it more useful to view patreon through a business point of view than through a charity point of view. Most patreons have a GOAL REACH where at a certain money thresh hold they promise X. In the example of TK his goal reach is:

This is the average salary of my profession. If I reach this value in Patreon, I will adopt adult games as my profession. With this I can professionalize what I do, including the creation of games with original art (created in 3D software or from contracted designers) and creating more complex and interesting games.

I have never seen a patreon page that doesn't have something that isn't just a spitting image of the post above . I also find it in most cases that people who do patreon want to get to a point where its the only thing they are doing. "Ima turn muh hobby into my dream gerb". This is all from my experience though. You could be right and more patreons are part timers looking to make a little money off their hobby.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turtlesweater42

Melimelo

Jun 7, 2017
Patreon is in a really weird spot between a psudo buisness and charity. I find it more useful to view patreon through a business point of view than through a charity point of view.
That's neither business nor charity, that's called sponsorship or "cultural phylanthropy" if you want. People decide to give funds on a monthly basis or a one time thing, to help somebody else to achieve a project. You have no control of any sort (not business) your only decision is to continue or stop sponsoring this person/team.

Reactions: strenif

Glib

Jan 6, 2018
Is it at all possible that this has something to do with it:

?

eamanager

Aug 12, 2017

?
I doubt it since the update was 70% done in june LUL. If there was any pattern to look out for its probably more workplace related issues.

mithroll

Mar 16, 2017

?
Very possible. This happened soon after his last communication in this thread. It also delayed Harem Hotel by Runey a week or two, so it could definitely be a factor here.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
I doubt it.

If we don't hear anything by Saturday I'll cancel my sub. I like TK, he's got a good history, but going dark after three months is a bad sign. If he comes back later I'll wait for three consistaint updated before resubbing.

Like astranabeat said, I love Oyakodon, and some mother/daughter 'bonding is even better. Not enough of that imo.
I hope he surprises us all with an update before then, I really do want to see the game finished.

Ghostly Hale

Jan 26, 2018
My sugary easter peeps. There's no need to jump ship. Fakku threw an wrench in every devs system if they're using HS assets in their games. Games will be delayed. But when the problem is solved everything will fall in place.
Just hang in there and lend words of encouragement. A lot of developers out there need to hear good feedback instead of this.
Trust me this isn't the only game being slowed by the mountain ahead.
So can we band together and lend words of encouragement? Or will we inspire an hard worker to quit?
It's up to you to decide where you stand.

D95

Mar 16, 2018
Is it the reason though ?

Then what does it cost him to make an announcement to his patrons ? He hasn't said anything for a month and a half... Did fakku locked him up and deprived him of any internet connection ?
The only words we had for the last 3 months are always "it will be done in a few days, I'm working 45 hours per day to meet the expectations and prove I'm still committed to the project".
Well, those are words but acts speak for themselves.

It would have been totally fine to be honest at the beginning and tell us the game will be delayed for 2-3 months. It would have been fine to say he would barely be able to work. Personally, I would have kept my patreon subscription, considering how hardworking he seemed to be.

But well, now, the communication became just awful. It only takes a few minutes, but there is either nothing, either a paragraph full of bullshit telling us it's almost done and going fast.

For now, the only viable reason would be that he, or someone in is family, is dead or seriously sick, in which case I am sorry.

But for now, my patron subscription is gone, I do not care that he disabled it for two months. I'm fine with paying for a few weeks if he has technical or logistical issues, but I hate promises and lies...

4.20 star(s) 83 Votes