• We're currently performing maintenance on the search system, we'll get it back ASAP.

VN Unity Completed HuniePop - Valentines Day Update [Final] [HuniePot]

4.30 star(s) 10 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
block the file in quarantine

what do mean by that?
some anti virus delete files instantly. sometime they dont, they stock thoses files in a quarantine zone in wich the file can not access to the PC. in this case, you can go in your anti virus and go in the quarantine and look for what's in there. you then have possibility to delete the file via the anti virus, or make it an exception and allow the file to run without been blocked by the anti virus.
normally thoses files stuck in quarantine zone stay forever in there. but some anti virus delete them automatically after time (a month or more, depend of anti virus)

here for a better english explanaton :p (not my native language)

some anti virus like Avast (for exempl) use quarantine zone.

Reactions: k8taponnyn

MrDarkEast

Apr 9, 2019
some anti virus delete files instantly. sometime they dont, they stock thoses files in a quarantine zone in wich the file can not access to the PC. in this case, you can go in your anti virus and go in the quarantine and look for what's in there. you then have possibility to delete the file via the anti virus, or make it an exception and allow the file to run without been blocked by the anti virus.
normally thoses files stuck in quarantine zone stay forever in there. but some anti virus delete them automatically after time (a month or more, depend of anti virus)

here for a better english explanaton :p (not my native language)

some anti virus like Avast (for exempl) use quarantine zone.
i already uninstall Avast, still cant open the game

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
Guys can I know if this has an Android version or not? If so, can you give the links to it? Preferably .APK files or Ren'Py and such.

Also, I really don't care much about the scenes but the gameplay is more fun than those tbh.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
There's no official Android version, and porter usually can't/won't port over Unity games (like this) I'm afraid.
Noooooo!!! Dangit!!!
Oh well, I will probably just have to play it in a few years or so once I have a job. I will still check if someone made a port version from time to time and I'll come back here once I can play it.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

PeteHanson

Feb 3, 2019
I saw a few gameplay threads where hunie pop was mentioned, but they all look way more dead than this, so there goes.
What im looking for is a game that has gamplay elements like hunie pop, but is way more in depth on the story part.
I did try tropical liquor because the art is stunning, but holy hell did i hate the game part of that. It ended in me downloading the hcgs.

What other games do have similar gameplay? Or gameplay that is worth something that does not amount to the millionth rng jrpg formulae again?

Reactions: HunterSeeker

PeacePeace

Nov 28, 2017
I saw a few gameplay threads where hunie pop was mentioned, but they all look way more dead than this, so there goes.
What im looking for is a game that has gamplay elements like hunie pop, but is way more in depth on the story part.
I did try tropical liquor because the art is stunning, but holy hell did i hate the game part of that. It ended in me downloading the hcgs.

What other games do have similar gameplay? Or gameplay that is worth something that does not amount to the millionth rng jrpg formulae again?
I've looked for games with similar gameplay to HuniePop for quite awhile. Despite all the rip-offs and pay-to-play trash online, I've never found one that comes close to HuniePop's quality, particularly in terms of fun gameplay. I've decided to just wait for HuniePop 2, probably coming early 2020 at this rate. You can follow HunieDev on Twitter for updates.

There are two games I found that were fairly fun puzzlers, similar to HuniePop in that there's a token-matching game on a grid, but substantially different mechanically, and they lack much story or character development: Hell Girls and Mirror. Mirror is basically a more polished version of Hell Girls, so I'd try that first.

Eiyuu*Senki or Sengoku Rance are worth trying if you want a lot of story, but only if you like turn-based tactical gameplay and long Japanese VNs. Too much story for my taste and I didn't particularly like the characters, but the gameplay looks pretty fun at least.

Bunny Black is another I'd recommend for a mix of story and gameplay but, again, you need to find the gameplay appealing. This is heavier on gameplay but has a good amount of story--I actually played it all the way through. The sequel was disappointing so I'd only recommend the original.

If you do like those kinds of games, you might also look into Kamidori Alchemy Meister. Unique but similar--you'll see what I mean if you look into it.

Lastly I'd recommend trying The Dungeon of Lulu Farea if you haven't already. Totally different gameplay than the others, but it's a puzzle game with good character development, so you might like it. It's probably my favorite game on the site, both in terms of gameplay and story/characters. Very heavy on the puzzles, but it gives you an in-game cheat area if you get stuck.

You can find all of those on this site. There's really nothing with a similar feel to HuniePop that I can recommend. I suppose Purino Party is one of the better clones--more of a VN with a lame attempt to imitate HuniePop's gameplay. You might like it.

On the bright side, a lot of people want another HuniePop and a lot of companies are trying to cash in on that. I'm sure someone will eventually work out the formula and make a good spiritual successor, but don't hold your breath. I'ma just support HunieDev and hope he can do it again.

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
am i dumb or something..
i play this game like using 800x600 resolution.. even tho i got 1080p monitor..
how to fix it? when the game come out it feels HD .. well maybe im wrong.

StarsMan423

May 3, 2018
HuniePop 2 is officially "Coming Soon", although it would most likely be another couple or so months before it get a release date.

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
ive been wanting to play this game for the longest time, but eventually i forgot about it.
now that i can play it, is anyone else having an issue with the pointer clicking on something its not hovering over? over on the left side of the screen, the point at which the pointer registers your click starts to move over to something else entirely, and while its fine because the game has hover states for it's buttons, it slows the matching game and will probably lead to a misclick.
is there some kind of fix?

Reactions: fugazi666
4.30 star(s) 10 Votes