• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py Abandoned Hunters of War [Prologue] [BlurQ]

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote

BlurQ

Jan 3, 2022
main_menu.png

Overview:
Hunters of War is set in a futuristic world, you are the son of a science tycoon who has many businesses to further the advancement of science and the human race. You learn that your father has not been above board with his experiments and this gets the ball rolling as you try and discover what he has done, why and if it can be stopped. Meanwhile, a new threat is appearing on the horizon.

The game has multiple choice which all effect how your characters grows and acts towards the other NPC's. Every choice in this game matters, even if it looks trivial. Certain outcomes can result in life or death situations.​

Thread Updated: 2022-01-05
Release Date: 2022-01-04
Developer: BlurQ -
Censored: No
Version: Prologue
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Other:
ANDROID

*This unofficial port/version is not released by developer, download at your own risk.

K89MLj.png ywOq_L.png AJYvK9.png cn98sq.png P115.png c6MsSc.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jeevant

Failed to make an unlimited money mod for my life
Modder
Game Compressor
May 1, 2020
moved to games and promoted to latest updates. Goodluck with your game BlurQ

May 27, 2017
It will be an uphill battle to get people excited enough to play this VN: needs a better banner (with all the love interests), more preview pics (of the actual love interests/some nudity), future/planned tags (in the "Genre" tab), and the tags (at the top) need to represent what is currently in the VN. Some "Developer Notes" will also be helpful: to mention your current status, plans for the future, certain types of content you will/won't include, etc.

Hard to get excited when all you can see is 1 subjectively attractive skinny chick and a kissing scene. It's all about grabbing people's attention with a unique name and an attractive banner, and keeping said attention with hot models/good premise. You need to "show, don't tell" in the preview and the actual game-play of the VN. This is a Visual Novel, so the visuals should be good enough (render quality, lighting, posing, hot models, etc).

My intention is not to discourage/bemoan you, but to provide constructive criticism and suggestions in hopes of seeing you succeed. The Adult Visual Novel market is a tough one to break in to, you need to know your audience, know your product, and know how to cater to your target audience. Best of luck to you BlurQ! (y)

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
It went to somewhere else.
View attachment 1580677
He's using it to make his pants shine. Good thing that's a night shot as they would probably blind someone during the day. I guess the dev's got a thing about shines. Shiny clothes, shiny tactical weapons (if you could actually call that asset that) and a tactical vehicle with a dark paint scheme, a rough texture and it reflects light at night. Even the dark-skinned gal in the last preview (maybe she's an android?) has a sheen to her skin.

I can't even hazard a guess at just how much time is wasted per render having to wade through so many reflection algorithms.

BlurQ

Jan 3, 2022
future tags?
is there sex any sex content in the game atm? not seeing any tags.
Not at the moment, next update though. (y)

It will be an uphill battle to get people excited enough to play this VN: needs a better banner (with all the love interests), more preview pics (of the actual love interests/some nudity), future/planned tags (in the "Genre" tab), and the tags (at the top) need to represent what is currently in the VN. Some "Developer Notes" will also be helpful: to mention your current status, plans for the future, certain types of content you will/won't include, etc.

Hard to get excited when all you can see is 1 subjectively attractive skinny chick and a kissing scene. It's all about grabbing people's attention with a unique name and an attractive banner, and keeping said attention with hot models/good premise. You need to "show, don't tell" in the preview and the actual game-play of the VN. This is a Visual Novel, so the visuals should be good enough (render quality, lighting, posing, hot models, etc).

My intention is not to discourage/bemoan you, but to provide constructive criticism and suggestions in hopes of seeing you succeed. The Adult Visual Novel market is a tough one to break in to, you need to know your audience, know your product, and know how to cater to your target audience. Best of luck to you BlurQ!(y)
Appreciate the advice.

Kinky Bully

Feb 17, 2020
I highly recommend that you use jpg, jpeg, or webp images. I also suggest not doing animations till you get a good device. Plus don't waste time doing unnecessary animation such as door opening scenes. In my opinion, The renders are good but the models look a bit creepy. But the lighting needs a bit of work. The story and writing are also good. I hope you will get better as you keep going. Best of luck to the dev!

Last edited:
Reactions: hr17 and Agrik

JohnJG

Engaged Member
May 17, 2018
It looks like it could have a lot of potential but its still too early to tell. I'm curious and will wait for the next update from the developer.

Best of luck. :coffee:

Reactions: BlurQ

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
To follow on with the advice Praxxxus has given above, you should spell out your stance on the more polarizing kinks like NTR. Putting that information out now will help prevent questions about it later.

BlurQ

Jan 3, 2022
To follow on with the advice Praxxxus has given above, you should spell out your stance on the more polarizing kinks like NTR. Putting that information out now will help prevent questions about it later.
Thanks - Added it in Developer Notes. More stuff will be added as the game progresses. But that's the main stuff that's planned for this Season.

hobobobb

Jul 25, 2017
Thanks - Added it in Developer Notes. More stuff will be added as the game progresses. But that's the main stuff that's planned for this Season.
You may also want to include a note about if/what content will be avoidable.
For example; Trans (Avoidable) FMM (Unavoidable) NOTE these are just examples (I have no idea what your plan is for your game :D ).

Doing this will really help players decide if they want to follow your game or give it a miss. It is always better to be clear and upfront so that the game attracts real interest and doesn't surprise or anger players who don't like /Whatever/ Tag.

Final note, I would recommend you keep in mind the difference between 'skippable' and 'avoidable'. Skippable being that, the scene happens in the story, regardless of player action. Avoidable being that, the scene does not happen without player input of some kind (either to cause the scene or stop it).

Best of luck with your game.

3.00 star(s) 1 Vote