I hate to say this but I hate 3D assets

Kinderalpha

Pleb
Donor
Dec 2, 2019
To be fair, I think when people say 3DCG they mean it's a capture of 3DCG and not that the game is rendering 3D.

polywog

Forum Fanatic
May 19, 2017
To be fair, I think when people say 3DCG they mean it's a capture of 3DCG and not that the game is rendering 3D.
3D computer graphics, or three-dimensional computer graphics (in contrast to ), are graphics that use a representation of geometric data (often ) that is stored in the computer for the purposes of performing calculations and rendering .
The 3rd dimension is rendered useless.

kamti

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2018
There is one thing I really hate about 3D assets like Unity, Honey Select, Koikatu, etc. At least one game even use The Sims 4! While they are at least some 3D games I actually like such as Harem Hotel and Mythic Manor(both are using Honey Select assets) and there's a problem, they used up too many space in my hard disk. Each of them about 4 to 5 GB, at least bigger than two third of my Steam games. For comparison the latest build of Summertime Saga not even reach 1 GB yet and it had more content that both games. It's quite unfair that SS was developed much earlier and more importantly not everyone can draw and so they used 3D assets instead.

I wish there are more games that are using 2D hand-drawn assets like Summertime Saga, A Town Uncovered(don't laugh at me for liking this) and Taffy Tales(which had rocky start due to developer's obsession with NTR fetish) but not everyone can draw. I hope there some way to shrink those game down but with current technology, I don't think so. There are good 3D games as well bad 2D ones but right now I have no problem with the content, only their size.
Buddy, i completely agree with you. That is why I develop 2D game, which will be released soon.