I have an important question regarding my game! ABOUT 3D Characters

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Lednah did you ever use any 3D program other than Daz3D? You think it sux? Go ahead and try to make a scene in Blender, Maya, Unity, Unreal or whatever other program, I can tell you the result already... you won't find any other program with the same capabilities and easy of use as Daz. Maybe Honey Select is better suited for you, but you won't be able to create scenes much faster there as well. If that's not your cup of tea you took the wrong road and you might wanna look for another hobby.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Lednah did you ever use any 3D program other than Daz3D? You think it sux? Go ahead and try to make a scene in Blender, Maya, Unity, Unreal or whatever other program, I can tell you the result already... you won't find any other program with the same capabilities and easy of use as Daz. Maybe Honey Select is better suited for you, but you won't be able to create scenes much faster there as well. If that's not your cup of tea you took the wrong road and you might wanna look for another hobby.
Yes, I am a Blender guy. And I know DS sux at least compared to Blender.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
It depends what you consider a "scene". If you mean the example above it depends - putting a girl on ready made scene can be done fast enough even in Daz. But if you need to create a scene from 4 people not V8 and M8 with standard (ready made poses) and all of them interacting and intermingled you will need several hours to pose the fingers only... and probably you will need to repeat the "final" render at least couple of times because there "will" be errors. Not to mention you will need a lot of time for the "preview renders"... which you need zillions. And just a comparison - I don't use Blender for 2 years already but even with the older render engine a full frame preview render takes 2-3 seconds.
And to repeat again - under "complex" pose I mean 3-4 non-standard chars with not ready made poses (which are useless anyway with the non-standard chars.

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Yeah let's obliterate all the genesis framework, genuine idea behind the software own fondation, because you knows: reasons. Don't use also any own-made/downloaded hands morphs/pose presets, everything must be started from scratch forever, again and again.

Also let's get rid of that pesky uber iray shader for unshaded surface, so everyone can enjoy quasi instant glorified diffuse maps (and the joy to cook a shader for every.single.surfaces.ever), not that you couldn't mind you, just a freaking waste of time.

In fact let's get rid of any consistency and solid workflow. Genius.

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
You can't use Daz model/textures in Unity without a fair shake of tunning, mesh or texture wise. It's a game engine not a full blown rendering engine! It will only lead to disaster.
I downloaded Daz and it became clear to me that they recently added Bridge to Unity with an explanation on their official YouTube channel so that you can easily import characters.

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
Poor student's Just need to look a bit harder. . :whistle:
I don't recommend using cracked programs especially with iCLONE, because it has too many additions and updates to take advantage of them you must buy the program and buy the add-ons as well

Reactions: MashUp47

MashUp47

Aug 26, 2020
I don't recommend using cracked programs especially with iCLONE, because it has too many additions and updates to take advantage of them you must buy the program and buy the add-ons as well
That's a fair statement to make (y) well in that case you could try the 60% off deal they have for student's . :)

Reactions: Cyberlligen

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It depends what you consider a "scene". If you mean the example above it depends - putting a girl on ready made scene can be done fast enough even in Daz. But if you need to create a scene from 4 people not V8 and M8 with standard (ready made poses) and all of them interacting and intermingled you will need several hours to pose the fingers only... and probably you will need to repeat the "final" render at least couple of times because there "will" be errors. Not to mention you will need a lot of time for the "preview renders"... which you need zillions. And just a comparison - I don't use Blender for 2 years already but even with the older render engine a full frame preview render takes 2-3 seconds.
And to repeat again - under "complex" pose I mean 3-4 non-standard chars with not ready made poses (which are useless anyway with the non-standard chars.
Maybe you should've spend some more time with Daz, I never need more than a few minutes for posing, that includes torso, legs, arms and yes, also fingers and if I use a standard pose, then only as a starting point (because they don't work with my models anyway).
I also barely need to repeat final renders because I use preview, that's what it's made for and no I don't need a lot of time for these preview render because a preview is doesn't take much time, even iray preview mode doesn't take that much time anymore.
I use blender too btw, not only Daz.

I can't recommend iclone, I've used it in the beginning for a while but it's far behind Daz, technically and visually.

Reactions: MashUp47

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
I can't recommend iclone, I've used it in the beginning for a while but it's far behind Daz, technically and visually.
So do U advise me to start learning Daz? I already downloaded it but I want advice from someone with previous experience if it's good or not, plus I have a question for you! What is the game engine used in your games?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
So do U advise me to start learning Daz? I already downloaded it but I want advice from someone with previous experience if it's good or not, plus I have a question for you! What is the game engine used in your games?
Daz is perfect for a beginner, the easiest way to get into 3D stuff, just try to avoid the "need-to-buy-every-asset" trap, there's a lot of free stuff out there for daz (and I mean free like in non-pirated), you can even create simple props with daz and if it's more complex you can always switch to blender (which is also free and a really good program, but totally overkill for a beginner).
Regarding the game engine... well I wouldn't call "Renpy" a game engine, but that's what I use for both my current projects.

• Red Heart

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
Daz is perfect for a beginner, the easiest way to get into 3D stuff, just try to avoid the "need-to-buy-every-asset" trap, there's a lot of free stuff out there for daz (and I mean free like in non-pirated), you can even create simple props with daz and if it's more complex you can always switch to blender (which is also free and a really good program, but totally overkill for a beginner).
Regarding the game engine... well I wouldn't call "Renpy" a game engine, but that's what I use for both my current projects.
Oh thank you, I've tried Blender before but I don't think it matches the characters I want to create (ex: pretty women, etc.) so I will choose the Daz path as I really liked your work and the characters are more than amazing, and I also want to download your game ( Bad memories ) look very interesting. I hope you'll excuse me, but I have another question, will I sculpt the bodies of the characters in Daz or will I download ready-made objects and modify them? As for the game engine, I have a lot of experience with Unity. Do you recommend developing a story game on it or not? Are there any explanations or educational site in this regard??

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Oh thank you, I've tried Blender before but I don't think it matches the characters I want to create (ex: pretty women, etc.) so I will choose the Daz path as I really liked your work and the characters are more than amazing, and I also want to download your game ( Bad memories ) look very interesting. I hope you'll excuse me, but I have another question, will I sculpt the bodies of the characters in Daz or will I download ready-made objects and modify them? As for the game engine, I have a lot of experience with Unity. Do you recommend developing a story game on it or not? Are there any explanations or educational site in this regard??
first of all: thx :)
Regarding daz, just keep in mind that you'll need an nvidia card, for rendering, otherwise it will take ages.
In daz you have predefined models/figures that you change/sculpt with morph slider. You'll need a lot of morphs to make unique characters, you can find some free morphs and other stuff for Daz here!
If you want to make a VN, use renpy! People will thank you for it. If you want to make a rpg use rpg maker, for everything else, especially a realtime game go with unity (or unreal).

Reactions: SpiritofRabbit

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
first of all: thx :)
Regarding daz, just keep in mind that you'll need an nvidia card, for rendering, otherwise it will take ages.
In daz you have predefined models/figures that you change/sculpt with morph slider. You'll need a lot of morphs to make unique characters, you can find some free morphs and other stuff for Daz here!
If you want to make a VN, use renpy! People will thank you for it. If you want to make a rpg use rpg maker, for everything else, especially a realtime game go with unity (or unreal).
you are welcome.
I already have a graphics card (RTX 2060) from Nvidia, I think it will help me a lot, I will start learning Daz wishing me good luck, thanks for the free morphs link and other things.

Reactions: recreation

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
LOL - why make cars when there is a sold workflow for horse carts, right?
Indeed, don't build a car from scratch if your goal is to buy fresh bread 100 meters away. If your goal is to learn how cars are made, then fantastic. If it's to make a ham sandwich because you're hungry, a pair of shoes and a bit of common sense should be way more efficient.

I downloaded Daz and it became clear to me that they recently added Bridge to Unity with an explanation on their official YouTube channel so that you can easily import characters.
If the goal is to use Daz model on unity engine (use them on Unity 3D environement), I don't know how quality the bridge is, but more likely you will have to decimate polys (beware the hair you chose I think) and put some work on shaders/rigging. If it's to use Unity as an image slideshows for a VN forget what I say lol.

Cyberlligen

Nov 16, 2020
If the goal is to use Daz model on unity engine (use them on Unity 3D environement), I don't know how quality the bridge is, but more likely you will have to decimate polys (beware the hair you chose I think) and put some work on shaders/rigging. If it's to use Unity as an image slideshows for a VN forget what I say lol.
Yes, my goal is to use Daz Models in Unity (characters), not just a VN game, thank you