Ren'Py - I Need a Hero! [v0.25] [CaptainBl00d]

1. 1.00 star(s)

AntoniH13

The MC's motivation is really weak; it feels more like a tantrum than a valid reason for seeking revenge. Also, the forced romantic interests are annoying because if you don't like them, you can't do anything but endure it.

As for the art, there isn't much to say because it's done with artificial intelligence.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

gepeto1

The sandbox element is very weak. You only get to click on some location while on the map. Everything else is just regular visual novel stuff. The dialogues options are useless, since there's good and bad choices, the later will make you go back to the main menu. There's just no point of giving me the choice if there's clearly a pre-define path.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Lazygime

lets get the story straight, MC massive fan works at office gets almost killed but is saved, while the WHOLE CITY WAS UNDER ATTACK gets manipulated that all the heroes are corrupt cause they didn't save him or (spoiler alert) the sister of the one that saved MC. after a while he recovers and reads the profiles of the heroes with description on their personality traits stating that the HEROIENS ARE GOOD PEOPLE still believes they are corrupt and evil because he was told so. the art is the only captivating thing here played it till the recent update its basically like any other game here but with AI generated Art. which is honestly good looking but improve the writing and it would honestly be good.

Writing/Story 3/5
    although the Art is AI generated its good 4/5
    Gameplay its a typical Ren 'Play 3/5
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Alternation62

The art (despite being ai) is really good. I also like how in this "revenge" quest, we can choose be good or evil, (looking at Cheryl). My only issue is that we can't change the MC's name (it's ren'py for crying out loud). Somebody already noted the writing on here, so look at their review. Regardless, I'm looking towards what's in store, especially the possible pregnancy...
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Ruff Ryder

I love the concept of the MC becoming a villain/anti-hero to oppose the so-called heroes/heroines. I love the women's designs and the ai-cg characters are well done. The two personalities we've seen 'till now are the complete opposite, which was a smart move. Cheryl is even more interesting than expected.

What I need to adress is the lack of variable renders in this game during a conversation. Instead of telling me she smiles, show me.
    Also the dialogues are sometimes embarassing to read, i.e. us giving Jenny the book. What the MC said was so stupid. Also our conversatin with Cheryl in our home also was questionable as to how it lead to our interaction.
    Plus, if you're gonna include paths, at least allow me to skip already seen renders/scenes if you want me to play them all. Did both of Cheryl's paths and had to go through all scenes in between again. Change your code.

EDIT: I decided to upgrade the rating from 3 to 4 stars as I was thinking about Cheryl the whole day, like I'm not joking. Still, my point stands concerning the replayability and need for improvement in render variety and especially the conversation text.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

badass

It's still very short but really promising in my opinion. I don't have problem with AI CG.. The girls looks great (especially Cherryl :love:). Upgrade in the mechanics here and there and this will be a great game.. I think other obvious advantage of using AI help, this game can release update frequently in a shorter time (compared to hand drawn game).. Good luck to the dev..
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Asdf Fdsa

Subbed to play v0.2. Probs my favorite AI art game. The art is genuinely amazing and the sex scenes are a lot better than you'd expect from an AI art game. Really hot characters too, particularly the side characters (the teacher and the cheerleader) so I'm hoping they get plenty of content in the next updates too.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Sam_Smith

Good artwork. Lot of potential. Cant wait for the next iteration with a lot more progress in the story line and expansion of side stories. It ll be great if the protagonist does not obtain any super powers but succeeds in defeating the villains/superheroines (?) through wit, romance and sex.