CaptainBl00d

Game Developer
Oct 5, 2023
Woah, I'm actually surprised that so many people had troubles with the mini-game. I checked the game several times before release and never had any issues with it. I will release the update with the "skip" button today (should've done that in the first place, but never had any complaints about the mini-game from my subscribers, so I thought it's not a big deal lol).

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
Seriously guys, give it a rest. If you want to play a game where all the LIs are virgins, go find one. Or where no women in the game has sex within a year before the MC even meets them, this isn't that game either. Go play something else.

It is the height of unbelievable entitlement to post page after page of whiny messages about why you don't like a particular plot point, with endless justifications. If you want to post a brief comment once, then say, "Hey game looks good, but I'm not a fan of the scene with the cheerleader and the teacher. It bothers me so much, due to some personal issue, that I don't want to see any more of your free game. Best of luck."

Then, and this is the most important thing, leave. Don't come back and complain again, and then come back later and complain some more. This site has thousands of games, find one that fits your particular personal preferences, and let everyone else that likes the game, enjoy it in piece.

If you only want to date virgins, good luck with that. It should go the other way though and women should refuse to date you unless you are a virgin too. They don't want to get sloppy seconds either, as you put it. So you should only be able to have sex one time, with one person, and then you are ruined for life, destined to future celibacy.

Pretty ridiculous, right? That is what you sound like.

I know you white knights all think that if you just complain loudly and often enough, that the dev will cave and change his game to your personal preference, and that every other dev will hear your whining and never have another male character in any game forever. That is the wrong attitude. The dev put the scene in there because he likes it, and he thinks at least 1 other player will like it too. End of story.

I haven't even played I Need a Hero yet, I just wanted to browse the forums to see if it is any good, and come to see endless entitled posts from the whining brigade.

Give it a rest and go away. For good. Go play Freshwomen again or something.

Women are not cars.

20210719_095601.jpg

Orfejus

Jun 19, 2017
Woah, I'm actually surprised that so many people had troubles with the mini-game. I checked the game several times before release and never had any issues with it. I will release the update with the "skip" button today (should've done that in the first place, but never had any complaints about the mini-game from my subscribers, so I thought it's not a big deal lol).
Happy to hear it! (y) Minigames are usually okay in adult games as long as you can complete them with one hand and a relaxed attitude. In this case, you had to concentrate and sometimes that is cool as well. That is especially a case where there is a serious Boss fight or engaging moment for the MC.

Sometimes it is best to have a minigame reflect the activity you are doing, for example, "Tennis scene" Atari pong minigame would have been cool. Sure it might be a bit pain in the ass to insert it, however, I can tell you people knowingly and unknowingly will appreciate it.

Thank you CaptainBl00d for such a fast response :)

P.S. Some PCs run Renpy "not well" in those cases timing games get very frustrating, so in those cases "skip minigame button" will do wonderfully.

• Red Heart
Reactions: CaptainBl00d

LaikDink

Modder
Mar 16, 2018
Game/Creator: I Need a Hero!/ CaptainBl00d -
Modder: LaikDink
I've created a small walkthrough mod for this game. This mod will highlight my recommended choices. Enjoy!!
Download:
1703008085021.png 1703008240741.png 1703008271248.png

Mucklebones

Jul 18, 2017
Women are not cars.
Maybe folks watched "Titane" and took it literally?
Seriously though, this. I was on the fence about this game because it was difficult to wade through all the righteous fury. Guess I'll give it a shot anyway.

KO-Kat

Nov 4, 2020
Its not that the minigame is hard. Its that the minigame is shit

• Red Heart
Reactions: Strong1

NextRaikage

Aug 14, 2023
I'd like to get into this game (the previous controversy doesn't really matter to me) -> but most of time - esp. for games like this, it geniunly kills my mood when the MC has a predefined name and we can't choose our own. So i'm sorry, don't take this personal, but that's an instant uninstall for me - i still wish you luck with your game.

jazz154

Jul 21, 2017
The Ai art was already a bit of a turn off, but Henry and pink girl going "They weren't there to help us so they must be evil and we must get our revenge on them" was a big red flag about story quality. I mean what kind of brainlet take is that? Does he also blame firemen/medics/police that they aren't on the site before they even got called or that they had to take some time getting there?
I really hope he was mind controlled but since there wasn't any hint about it (like her eyes/aura glowing, him repeating what she said, stuff like that) I am just going to assume that this is level of the story that will be told just don't bother with it any further. Good luck with your game, I hope you improve your writing.

kolinson

Apr 6, 2018
The AI art was really good at first and I thought they had improved a lot, but AI still has issues with hands.

1703030152060.png

Strong1

Aug 13, 2022
I was actually about to unwatch this thread and forget this game but since I see you went to the trouble to make the minigame skipable I will give it another try. Thank you!

After playing: Overall not bad. I actually like AI art and would love to be able to figure out how to make it for my own game I have been thinking about making for a while now. Curious to see how this continues to develop.

Last edited:
Reactions: ArhraCole

Almighty

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2017
I already hate sloppy seconds and the minigame made me quit on the spot.

I didn't see the skip minigame on my version. I might try it again in future release. I still don't like the fact we're force to do shit with the cheerleader. Plus the MC pretty much a beta.

Reactions: TKdropemoff

RoadWulf

Engaged Member
Nov 18, 2018
Mini game was ass but the game itself is nice.

I just always fear these AI rendered games because I know there's limitations to what you can accomplish with the renders. I feel like I'll probably wait on this one for 3-4 releases before coming back to it.

Ghost''

Mar 17, 2021
I Need a Hero! [v0.25] Unofficial Android Port

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

- 393mb

My Android Ports have a 2nd Persistent save location. So, even if you uninstall the game, the saves will remain Intact.

Saves location: Storage/0011/Game-name

You can also join my discord server for more and support me.

You can also join 0011 discord server

If you like my works please support me.

Android Port Updated..

mlurker

Nov 19, 2020
What's with the Download Sync and Upload Sync buttons in the save and load menus? Why are they there ?

3.50 star(s) 8 Votes