VN Ren'Py Abandoned Ichiro & Akira [v1.0] [Tracer3D]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
Not fun to play if you speak English. I don't know much about game development but is it that hard to get a proof read before putting the game out there. Just saying.

Reactions: Taallonn

Bohus

Sep 25, 2017
My beefs with Honey Select (in general, not specifically for this project) is the way-too-shiny skins (think ray-tracing on steroids), the obvious artificial addition of the dicks to the male bodies (more so when there's movement), and the interaction of said dicks with pussies/mouths/cars/letter-boxes/whatever.

Let's not forget that for HS (and other Illusion games prior), the decensoring can only do so much, and during penetration the dick is merely a cylinder that is expanded and shrunk to simulate movement, but the texture stays the same (and is thus expanded and shrunk accordingly).
That means that on any angle that shows the penetration point, the tip of the dick is still visible even when said dick is supposed to be way in.

I am yet to see any use of HS that doesn't have those shortcomings.

That makes any bare-bone game made with HS very cringe-inducing to me.

GentlePro

Jul 10, 2017
So many whining bitches complaining about Honey Select instead of shutting the fuck up and making something themselves.
Just because someone criticizes the shortcomings of a game it doesn't mean that they possess the technical knowledge to create a better game themselves. Does that mean that you should accept a game as is and not hope for something better in the future?

For instance just because I can't create my own smart phone it doesn't mean that I shouldn't let the companies know that their offerings aren't perfect by pointing out the flaws they should address in their future iterations. And there are plenty of examples that show that companies do end up addressing those issues as a result.

I'd also be a bit more careful with the way I address fellow members if I were you.

Cheers

Reactions: Bohus
U

User_166761

Don't know what DAZ games you have played, but most of them are incredibly bad at lighting, bad at composition, bad at creating a unique mood, reuse the same models consistently and take forever to update. Hell, look at the renders of top games like Dating My Daughter, they are god awful.

People suddenly pretending they care about top notch renders are being dishonest, you already give money to a lot of people who have no idea about the basics of photography, you don't give a shit about super good renders.

As an example, look at

Honey Select at least allows people who don't have a massive GPU to create a game within a reasonable time, without the money grabbing joke that is paying hundreds of dollars upfront for assets alone like Daz forces you to do.

Johntheloner

Jun 14, 2017
My beefs with Honey Select (in general, not specifically for this project) is the way-too-shiny skins (think ray-tracing on steroids), the obvious artificial addition of the dicks to the male bodies (more so when there's movement), and the interaction of said dicks with pussies/mouths/cars/letter-boxes/whatever.

Let's not forget that for HS (and other Illusion games prior), the decensoring can only do so much, and during penetration the dick is merely a cylinder that is expanded and shrunk to simulate movement, but the texture stays the same (and is thus expanded and shrunk accordingly).
That means that on any angle that shows the penetration point, the tip of the dick is still visible even when said dick is supposed to be way in.

I havent done any modding for HS myself, but based on what I've seen of mods for HS I'd think a possible solution to that issue would be some form of strap-on type model worn as pants to hide the in-game D. That way it would still follow the animations for the most part, and wouldn't have that issue. Of course, then you have the issue of making the position of the mod phallus match the animation proper, which might require treating it as a wig/hair/accessory for the physics control enabling, and custom re-doing the animations in the studio to make it match, you could also run into clipping issues, but work arounds for that wouldn't be too hard.

jewuwee

Sep 1, 2017
Not sure why he didn't include animations, as that is what he seems to do on his Patreon. Just became the 5th patron, lol.

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
i had this conversation in another thread too.

I've seen authors use honey select to great effect. In a typical high rendered 3dg game, you'll get your H scene, and maybe it moves, like an animated .gif from 20 years ago. In a honey select game, you could get 3x the amount of h scenes total, with multiple angles for each scene. It's a tool, if it's used well by the author, it is a good tool.

Sadly it's not used well here, but I do agree.

Mirajia

Jul 22, 2017
Wow, this is really small, and it is Finish....
On the Patreon Site its from Dec 22, 2017 ??
The Download from This Game is longer as the Game.

hello8008135

Jul 3, 2017

The problem with the penis extending and contracting like a piston during penetration is known as "telescope penis". I haven't seen a mod that fixes it BUT, the re-release of Honey Select called Honey Select Unlimited fixed the issue. From the screenshots of this game, I believe the developer is using Honey Select Unlimited because the vagina texture is the one used in Unlimited and not the one used in the original HS (although it could just be a mod for the original HS) so I wouldn't worry about that being a problem anymore.

Reactions: Bohus

Bohus

Sep 25, 2017
The problem with the penis extending and contracting like a piston during penetration is known as "telescope penis". I haven't seen a mod that fixes it BUT, the re-release of Honey Select called Honey Select Unlimited fixed the issue. From the screenshots of this game, I believe the developer is using Honey Select Unlimited because the vagina texture is the one used in Unlimited and not the one used in the original HS (although it could just be a mod for the original HS) so I wouldn't worry about that being a problem anymore.
Thanks for the heads-up, I'll check it out ! :eazyHype:

Reactions: hello8008135
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote