Jan 10, 2018
I never use more than 5 songs. Hype has a base value related to the overall fame of your group. So with a high value group you start with a base hype far above zero. Each song that caters to your actual audience has a chance to fill roughly 20-30 hype. The only target you need to reach to get the bonus from awards in the beginning is finishing a concert with 120% Hype.
Right, but we're talking at the start - you're not going to have a high fame value at the start, so you're going to need more songs. And you want to hit 200% hype regardless to maximize your rewards, even without the award show; more hype is never a bad thing, and it's easy to accomplish so long as you have enough singles to pick from.

See above. It is only 120% required for the first year.
View attachment 1054096
120% Hype to be nominated, so that you spend 10 less stamina (for a total of 20) when centering your songs. 200% Hype to win, for 20 less stamina (for a total of 10) when centering your songs.

I'm arguing that there's a substantial difference between winning and being nominated in this specific case, because winning makes it nearly impossible to break an idol by having them center too many songs in a concert, whereas you have to be more cautious with a tired idol if you were only nominated for best concert that year.

Loans are the part that caused issues for many new players - follow the beta community on itch.io to see for yourself. It can quickly lead to a spiral for a new player if something unexpected happens. Even the lowest amount of a million means 80k repayment per week (that is at 0% interest) - that equals paying a professional worker in any of the facilities. Where they actually increase the value of the idols by making them better or getting them extra jobs while the repayment itself is dead money not gaining you anything in return.
Whereas I've seen many more players flounder because they don't have enough money to do anything, but their idols are getting famous enough to start demanding real salaries. In these cases, it's better to make clear to players that loans are an actual tool rather than a death spiral button like they are in many other games.

As consumers rather than business owners, we're trained to think of loans as a Bad Thing, to be avoided at all costs - because for us, loans will never increase our income (well, except for student loans). In real life, it's a fail condition for us, a sign that we're probably in dire straits unless something quite strange is going on. Even in a game, this causes people to shy away from loans because it makes them think they failed somehow.

And besides, if a player messes up by misusing a loan and ends up putting themselves in a bad spot, they can always restart - but if a player makes themselves miserable by never taking a loan and never doing more than breaking even, they're going to think the game isn't fun and uninstall it. The early game doesn't have a ton of things going on; it's better for them to overreach, play with some fun things before the financial pyramid crashes down, and learn what they did wrong, rather than never reach things like concerts at all.

It's not about whether playing without loans is viable, but rather what will best help a new player see more in the game; it's likely a new player will be restarting anyway, to try out new things based on what they learned.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
120% Hype to be nominated, so that you spend 10 less stamina (for a total of 20) when centering your songs. 200% Hype to win, for 20 less stamina (for a total of 10) when centering your songs.

I'm arguing that there's a substantial difference between winning and being nominated in this specific case, because winning makes it nearly impossible to break an idol by having them center too many songs in a concert, whereas you have to be more cautious with a tired idol if you were only nominated for best concert that year.
I tried to avoid this but since you insist: You are simply wrong about that statement. You cannot WIN that category in the first year with a 200% Hype.
1614303073087.png
You need to win the first part first. Next following year you can then try the 200% hype.

Jan 10, 2018
I tried to avoid this but since you insist: You are simply wrong about that statement. You cannot WIN that category in the first year with a 200% Hype.
View attachment 1054174
You need to win the first part first. Next following year you can then try the 200% hype.
Considering that I've won the award in the first year, it is absolutely possible to win in the first year. You can't be shown the win requirements in the first year, if that's what you mean.

That's why the unlock there says [Win once or get nominated 3 times to view].

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Considering that I've won the award in the first year, it is absolutely possible to win in the first year. You can't be shown the win requirements in the first year, if that's what you mean.

That's why the unlock there says [Win once or get nominated 3 times to view].
Which is what a new user is dealing with. They cant know about it and thus cant work for that goal.

And to end this circulating talk finally:
You simply should accept that there is no one way to play. None of my extended infos devalues what you posted and vice versa.

I felt you narrowed quite a few things down too much to give the user actual choices and extended due to that. The game can be played with a minimum number of idols as i wrote or any number as the user likes and can afford.

The game is flexible enough to allow any player to play with different goals or methods. You make assumptions about other players mindsets - i dont. I simply give extra information to give them more choices and more ways to enjoy the game. Where i personally choose things i point it out as a personal choice - not as a general advice.

Jan 10, 2018
Which is what a new user is dealing with. They cant know about it and thus cant work for that goal.
Didn't we tell them about it so that they could plan for it if they thought it worthwile, though?

And to end this circulating talk finally:
You simply should accept that there is no one way to play. None of my extended infos devalues what you posted and vice versa.

I felt you narrowed quite a few things down too much to give the user actual choices and extended due to that. The game can be played with a minimum number of idols as i wrote or any number as the user likes and can afford.

The game is flexible enough to allow any player to play with different goals or methods. You make assumptions about other players mindsets - i dont. I simply give extra information to give them more choices and more ways to enjoy the game. Where i personally choose things i point it out as a personal choice - not as a general advice.
If you want to drop this, then it would be rude of me to insist that the conversation continue - I would only like to note that my initial reply simply noted a number of drawbacks to a single approach that I felt your initial suggestion failed to mention, and that I offered an alternative that I believe would accomplish the same things. There are many ways the game can be played, but some are harder than others, and the player was already struggling.

Armelle69

Dec 2, 2018
interesting plot, but it's strange there is no "exhibitionism" tag : the story really leads to that fetish !
:cry:

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
In the screen shots for the game I see a R18 option but when I download it I do not see that option?
Apologies. I wish I could help but I didn't opened yet. If it's not there in the same location as before, means that or they enabled it by default (unlikely), or they removed it temporarily? Might be wrong. Surely someone else that already download it can enlighten us more.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
In the screen shots for the game I see a R18 option but when I download it I do not see that option?
That is correct. It used top be a checkbox in the options you are presented with when you start a new game. It has been removed as far as i can say (it is neither in the general options for gameplay).

Violet Tucker

Aug 18, 2018
That is correct. It used top be a checkbox in the options you are presented with when you start a new game. It has been removed as far as i can say (it is neither in the general options for gameplay).
So does that mean there are no more plans for r 18 content?

Silentce

Quiet Eldritch Horror
Modder
Uploader
Jan 2, 2018
So does that mean there are no more plans for r 18 content?
I would imagine it is still planned as the mature content is one of their stretch goals. Unless the had to remove it for legal reasons.

scoota33

Jul 15, 2019
I would imagine it is still planned as the mature content is one of their stretch goals. Unless the had to remove it for legal reasons.
my guess would be since they are planning a steam release they are making a G rated version for steam (which will have a patch for R18+) once both are available I will definitely be buying it .. love this game

Violet Tucker

Aug 18, 2018
my guess would be since they are planning a steam release they are making a G rated version for steam (which will have a patch for R18+) once both are available I will definitely be buying it .. love this game
But steam doesn’t block any r18 content anymore not for the past year or so

akaaoi

Feb 15, 2020
But steam doesn’t block any r18 content anymore not for the past year or so
No, they just quietly ban your game after its released ( ) instead if there's any suggestion of r18 stuff happening with under 18 people, which'd be a constant danger with an idol game.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
I dont think the absence of that option warrents any deeper speculations. With the option to mod the game extensively this option maybe became simply obsolete or its an oversight during the last changes. Might as well be a step for future code changes to be implemented. So far i can not see any gameplay difference without it to be honest.

Violet Tucker

Aug 18, 2018
No, they just quietly ban your game after its released ( ) instead if there's any suggestion of r18 stuff happening with under 18 people, which'd be a constant danger with an idol game.
I see

3.10 star(s) 9 Votes