Tutorial [ILLUSION] HS2 Studio Neo|Chara Maker - (Help & guides Thread)

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

HappyEnd231

Feb 11, 2022
Anybody know of a way to make a moving map. I know several vnge scenes have a moving car. Using maps that I have. I know it's probably not an actual moving map but more like the illusion of the map moving. If anybody knows how to do so any help in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Studio NEO Moving Map Guide

A bit late of a reply but since I'm making a scene like this for my game I might as well make a guide to give back to the community. I'm not sure if there's an easy way to fake motion but I'm just gonna go all out and use real motion since it doesn't take that long to set up anyway.

1. Find a map and determine a starting and ending point for your loop. The two point should be as close together as possible to so that the loop transition isn't too jarring. I'm using the Hooh Japanese Street map and I manage to find a repeating building so I'm use that my 2 points. BE SURE TO SAVE THESE TWO POINTS USING THE CAMERA SAVE FUNCTION.

HS2_2022-04-27-13-29-19-254.png
My Starting Point
HS2_2022-04-27-13-29-26-230.png
My Ending Point

2. Create a camera at each point, this will save the exact field of view. You can test your camera out using the set camera top right, this will view port into that of the camera.

3. Press ctr T to pull up the timeline, with camera 1 selected create a key frame for Selected Guide Object Pos by pressing shift middle click on the very first vertical axis of the grid (IGNORE THE STUFF THAT SAYS CAMERA ).

4. Unselect camera 1, select camera 2, then ctr click on camera 1 and use the move copy button to move camera 1 to camera 2 position. You can now delete camera 2 since it's just a placeholder. Then with camera 1 selected create the second keyframe at 10 second. Now press play on the time line and you should have camera movement (Make sure your camera is set to camera 1). There are timeline tutorial on youtube if you find my explanation too confusing.
HS2_2022-04-27-13-47-57-652.png

5. Ctr E to bring up video export, set your time limit my loop is 10 sec so I set it to that. Check the box that say start recording on next click then click play on the timeline. Make sure to set your camera to camera 1 otherwise there won't be movement.
HS2_2022-04-27-14-29-59-953.png

I everything goes right you should end up with something like this which looks pretty good but I went ahead and added a bit of fake camera shake and motion blur plus a black bar to achieve a cinematic look.

Reactions: osnoflax

alex7892

May 2, 2021
Can you post that very scene? There are a few things I can think of that are causing that but I need to see if the animation speed is set to 0.
Sorry, been working 12 hour days forever. Attached scene. Speed has been set to 1 on all examples.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Sorry, been working 12 hour days forever. Attached scene. Speed has been set to 1 on all examples.
If you set the animation to 0 the doll will stop floating. You probably know that. I assume you want to keep the girl being animated but cure the floating.

What's under the hood is that you cannot modify animation using FK nods and expect the animation to do what you want it to do. Those are actually incompatible mods. Animation is what the game uses, while FK is the community hack that matured over the course of people using the studio. You are supposed to use FK for stationary poses given that the animation has been stopped.

The animation items are routines where the steps are "built in". Again, this is what the game uses for the sex scenes. You changing FK nods, a hack, introduces unexpected and conflicting behavior that the animation routines never expected to face. That leads to the girl floating in the air. Can't be helped using mere FK nod adjustments. You are literally trying to refill a tired horse using a Tesla charger - you kinda kill the horse.

There are ways around it. If you insist on using an animation routine while wanting a small tweak, use Nod Contrains:

That's a lot of work tho and you will burn out half-way through your first scene. But may be not.

Or, as an alternative, use VNGE's clip manager module if you are looking for an industrial grade animation work. But that will require some upfront tinkering as VNGE's ClipMan module workflow is something that no tutorial explains requiring you to progressively discover things on your own.

Last edited:
Reactions: gzrtjhgtyhjljk

Eayz3n

Oct 12, 2018
Hello , so i made some taller females in the character maker for the normal game , and because of their hight the h-scenes are off . Is there a way to fix this?
HS2_2022-04-30-21-07-30-919.png
I tryed the search function and coudnt find anything . Just a newbie here trying to have some fun whit the char maker :D

Ifartedtoolong

Feb 27, 2022
In animations and poses both characters have to match size and height wise. As most poses and animations were made using specific heights and sizes. So if you change one characters height the pose or animation is going to be off unless you change the other character to match each other or redo the pose or animation.

alex7892

May 2, 2021
If you set the animation to 0 the doll will stop floating. You probably know that. I assume you want to keep the girl being animated but cure the floating.

What's under the hood is that you cannot modify animation using FK nods and expect the animation to do what you want it to do. Those are actually incompatible mods. Animation is what the game uses, while FK is the community hack that matured over the course of people using the studio. You are supposed to use FK for stationary poses given that the animation has been stopped.

The animation items are routines where the steps are "built in". Again, this is what the game uses for the sex scenes. You changing FK nods, a hack, introduces unexpected and conflicting behavior that the animation routines never expected to face. That leads to the girl floating in the air. Can't be helped using mere FK nod adjustments. You are literally trying to refill a tired horse using a Tesla charger - you kinda kill the horse.

There are ways around it. If you insist on using an animation routine while wanting a small tweak, use Nod Contrains:

That's a lot of work tho and you will burn out half-way through your first scene. But may be not.

Or, as an alternative, use VNGE's clip manager module if you are looking for an industrial grade animation work. But that will require some upfront tinkering as VNGE's ClipMan module workflow is something that no tutorial explains requiring you to progressively discover things on your own.
Thank you for the detailed response. I'm no animator, just like to tinker, and try things. Now that you explained the limitations of FK, and Studio in general, I can move on and work within those limitations.

Reactions: Sepheyer

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Is there any way to set the opacity/transparency of a character or object.

I’m trying to make some ghost effect, showing just the soul of a died character.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Is there any way to set the opacity/transparency of a character or object.

I’m trying to make some ghost effect, showing just the soul of a died character.
The Material Editor is where you would start looking. The button is located in the Studio's Workspace and labelled "Mat. Editor". You have to have the girl or the item you are modifying selected.

In this instance, I made these changes:

- chara's body, head and hair shaders have been changed to Liquid with corresponding tweaks
- restraint's item components have been changed to Skin Translucency with corresponding tweaks

HS2_2022-05-01-17-10-28-103.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
Sepheyer - Thanks for all of the assistance and info you've provided on these HS2 threads. I'm just trying to get started with the basics of VNGE and tried to edit the dialogue of an existing VNGE scene, but it didn't work. My changes were saved to the numbered scene, but when I actually play the overall VNGE it's like my edits are totally ignored. Do you or anyone else have any idea where and how I can edit the dialogue text and have it actually show up correctly for the VNGE play? Thanks in advance for anyone's feedback on this.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
Sepheyer - Thanks for all of the assistance and info you've provided on these HS2 threads. I'm just trying to get started with the basics of VNGE and tried to edit the dialogue of an existing VNGE scene, but it didn't work. My changes were saved to the numbered scene, but when I actually play the overall VNGE it's like my edits are totally ignored. Do you or anyone else have any idea where and how I can edit the dialogue text and have it actually show up correctly for the VNGE play? Thanks in advance for anyone's feedback on this.
HS2_2022-05-07-02-04-43-685.png

Indeed, this is the solution:

https://f95zone.to/threads/illusion...o-neo-scene-sharing-thread.85125/post-8071509

Reactions: sagasenor

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
It's likely just another character file in some HS2 R8 directory, but has anyone found where the Hitano Miwa default character is located in the game folders? I'd like to replace that with my own character when the character creation app loads up.

Sepheyer

Dec 21, 2020
It's likely just another character file in some HS2 R8 directory, but has anyone found where the Hitano Miwa default character is located in the game folders? I'd like to replace that with my own character when the character creation app loads up.
Indeed, you change who the default chara is in the chara replacer plugin:

Default Chara.png

One of life's most liberating experiences :)

Reactions: stratosphere

shakus-gravus

May 24, 2020
Indeed, you change who the default chara is in the chara replacer plugin:

View attachment 1796418

One of life's most liberating experiences :)
Hatano Miwa and her straight as a board sides have officially went bye-byes never to return. And never to waste precious seconds of time each and every dang time I open the character app. Thank you. Thank you and again Thank You. Sometimes it's the little things hahaha.

hkproduction

HkProduction Official Account
Game Developer
Sep 22, 2021
Is there anyway to add the cum and squirting for H-scene animation in the studio?

I can find some “semen” item, but can’t find the cum or squirting effect anywhere ?

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote