Illusion Illusion software shutting down

Voi

Aug 4, 2018
Holy shit this is so sad. Was waiting for years and years until a new game was finally a step above the rest and returned to the old glory days. But that never came and they just slowly died. Koikatsu was ok I guess but never expected it to be their last rodeo (everything after that was not even 5/10 imo). I think the fact that so many visual novels are made with koikatsu and honey select is a testament to how much freeding their games allowed. It is going to be a looooong wait until someone else creates a game that allows people to make other games like that.

Rip Artificial Academy 3, the dream that never came true.

WantonWhimsy

Mar 25, 2017
You're probably right.
That said it's quite difficult to say without knowing what kind of legal procedure route they went (bankrupcy/insolvency/cessation of activity and what not).
Could be international rebranding but I doubt it for various reasons (could be wrong tho). Internal dispute (and amicable settlement) seems plausible, someone have to check organizational chart/shareholder. I really don't think it's about it, but I wonder if their demo still use Unity or their inhouse engine.
My guess is cessation of activity. If it was insolvency or bankruptcy they most likely would have left the titles up for sale instead of delisting everything, so they could generate money for creditors. We probably would have heard about a sale of IP as well.

The says "ILLUSION has no successor company" but the X account for illgames was with updates for Honey Select 2 and AI Shoujo. They basically nuked all the posts at the beginning of the year.

Whatever is going on, it seems sketchy.