Illusion Illusion software shutting down

2bfan23

Mar 12, 2023
Hello, I've never played with HS but I've always wanted it but due to lack of disk space I couldn't try it, is it worth buying it before it's removed from Steam store? or better the repack/torrent versions that are out there?

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
This is quite a surprise to see them shutdown. Well to be honest the huge downside of illusion's games is that most their if not all of their games were censored and had moasics. This really defeated the purpose of even playing.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Hello, I've never played with HS but I've always wanted it but due to lack of disk space I couldn't try it, is it worth buying it before it's removed from Steam store? or better the repack/torrent versions that are out there?
I never played the actual game but played with the content. Its nice to use and you get quick results.
Though you need to have a lot of space on your drive. 80GB is like what you really need. Maybe even more. Drives aren't that expensive anymore.
Though for me, i gave up on it.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Apparently they're already back as IllGames and have announced a game called HoneyComb to be released on Friday, September 1st.

I wonder if their names means Ill(egal)games.
Oh my, i really don't like X.
Though if you think about it, i wonder how they can announce a game when they just went out of business. This must have been in the works for some time then.

Dawnstars

Oct 25, 2022
So there's a trial for their new game, Honey Come, but it's only available in Japan, for now at least. Shucks.

ACCOUNTNAM1

Jan 5, 2019
So there's a trial for their new game, Honey Come, but it's only available in Japan, for now at least. Shucks.
Simple Just USE A VPN so you can download the trial game!Trust ME IT WORKS!I used Sushi Proxy on chrome for free which it works:

Tompte

Dec 22, 2017
So is it just a rebrand or a company merge?
Good news none the less but I'm taking back the drink I poured out.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
The company did not state why they did shut down.

"The company did not state the reason for its shutdown. The shutdown notice mentioned a timeline in August leading up to its shutdown, including the end of its Illusion Online download sales, then on August 18 it will be shutting down its purchase and pre-order functions on its Illusion Online platform." Jul 14, 2023

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Something something avoiding a liability somewhere. I smell it.
Not necessarily, it can also be a change in the way they'll handle their IP. Illlusion would have difficulties to sue anyone who use their studio for commercial purpose, because they didn't cared for two decades. But IllGames is another company, they can do whatever they want.
It can also be a way to get rid of unwanted associates that don't want to sell their share, and many other reasons.
It's even possible that in fact IllGames isn't Illusion, but just a part of it. They have a demo, what mean that they were working on a game since a long time. It's possible that a part of the staff grouped to create a new company. Whatever with the person who had the rights on the said game, or with the approval of Illusion that gave them the rights.

But so far they are back in 2015, you need a Japanese IP to download the demo, what tend to mean that they'll, again, not care much about the international market.

DaveDev

Formerly 'DevadD'
Oct 2, 2017
Simple Just USE A VPN so you can download the trial game!Trust ME IT WORKS!I used Sushi Proxy on chrome for free which it works:
can't seem to get pass their region lock even with a vpn

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Not necessarily, it can also be a change in the way they'll handle their IP. Illlusion would have difficulties to sue anyone who use their studio for commercial purpose, because they didn't cared for two decades. But IllGames is another company, they can do whatever they want.
It can also be a way to get rid of unwanted associates that don't want to sell their share, and many other reasons.
It's even possible that in fact IllGames isn't Illusion, but just a part of it. They have a demo, what mean that they were working on a game since a long time. It's possible that a part of the staff grouped to create a new company. Whatever with the person who had the rights on the said game, or with the approval of Illusion that gave them the rights.

But so far they are back in 2015, you need a Japanese IP to download the demo, what tend to mean that they'll, again, not care much about the international market.

You're probably right.
That said it's quite difficult to say without knowing what kind of legal procedure route they went (bankrupcy/insolvency/cessation of activity and what not).
Could be international rebranding but I doubt it for various reasons (could be wrong tho). Internal dispute (and amicable settlement) seems plausible, someone have to check organizational chart/shareholder. I really don't think it's about it, but I wonder if their demo still use Unity or their inhouse engine.

Last edited:

TangosofM

Dec 23, 2019

ENG/JP Preorder is on DLSite so there is a way to buy in ENG even says game is going to be out on Sept 1 According to the listing on DLSite lol.

MrZack

Feb 24, 2020

ENG/JP Preorder is on DLSite so there is a way to buy in ENG even says game is going to be out on Sept 1 According to the listing on DLSite lol.
That's looks like Koikatsu but on the Honey Select hotel.

I thought the Illusion curse would break with their end but it seems the ride never ends.

NylonBandit

Jul 24, 2020
I heard Honeycomb isn't going to support mods, which sucks.

From the demo it looks like the character creator could replace Koikatsu for Anime characters, but it's going to have a very short shelf life if it doesn't support mods.

hu lover

Forum Fanatic
Jul 27, 2022
I heard Honeycomb isn't going to support mods, which sucks.

From the demo it looks like the character creator could replace Koikatsu for Anime characters, but it's going to have a very short shelf life if it doesn't support mods.
Yeah that really does suck. :( A game without mods make a game quite boring. :mad: