I'm making a new game: Reparations

hanswon

Mar 16, 2019
Because of that title, got immediately worried for you. A lot of people are perfectly fine with dark, extreme content and whoever dominating whoever else, but the moment it's a black person on someone, yikes, you're in for it like a dev who throws in some sudden cuckery. Good luck, though, if this is what I think it is. Would definitely be original. But damn I'm really scared for this one's fate. Your previous game was gone even before I could get to it but from the comments here it looks like you have some... different tastes, and if this just as bad (in a good way) + with black people "leading", I'm terrified for you. Excited to see this, though. Hope the world is ready.

Reactions: Jobeo

Baka!

Jul 25, 2017
In this game the BNWO will appear and will they have their own headquarters? It would be cool if the new BNWO mentions some BNWO members from the previous game, I'm looking forward to seeing how the new MC and his family go into Black...

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Because of that title, got immediately worried for you. A lot of people are perfectly fine with dark, extreme content and whoever dominating whoever else, but the moment it's a black person on someone, yikes, you're in for it like a dev who throws in some sudden cuckery. Good luck, though, if this is what I think it is. Would definitely be original. But damn I'm really scared for this one's fate. Your previous game was gone even before I could get to it but from the comments here it looks like you have some... different tastes, and if this just as bad (in a good way) + with black people "leading", I'm terrified for you. Excited to see this, though. Hope the world is ready.
Thank you for sharing your concerns. I would ask that you please pray for the game to have a successful release.

Reactions: dunloprobert

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
As we head into the weekend I am 100% positive the release date will be hit. The rendering engine has been firing on all cylinders bringing every scene to the highest quality. The script is really shaping up... In chapter 1 of Bully some of the dialogue was a bit forced, I didn't really know what to write. But in Reparations Chapter 1 the dialogue makes much more sense. I know exactly what to say.

After chapter 1 is released though everyone has to agree to come on and provide feedback. Things are going to be setup so very well, and we really need to continue that and take things in the right direction with Chapter 2.

I would share a preview image or two but I can't because that would spoil things.

dunloprobert

Oct 22, 2017
As we head into the weekend I am 100% positive the release date will be hit. The rendering engine has been firing on all cylinders bringing every scene to the highest quality. The script is really shaping up... In chapter 1 of Bully some of the dialogue was a bit forced, I didn't really know what to write. But in Reparations Chapter 1 the dialogue makes much more sense. I know exactly what to say.

After chapter 1 is released though everyone has to agree to come on and provide feedback. Things are going to be setup so very well, and we really need to continue that and take things in the right direction with Chapter 2.

I would share a preview image or two but I can't because that would spoil things.
hi jobeo.
i will definitely let you know what i think once i get back from my long wkend away/
i just pray the game don't get banned before i have chance to savour it.:eek:

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Will your new game still contains optional gay content?
Yes, absolutely. There are two optional gay scenes in Chapter 1. Totally avoidable. I am trying to get away from the "routes" at the start of the chapter and, instead, making the scenes avoidable when they are about to happen. Someone had suggested that for Bully but I never did it. It may be required though in later chapters.

Sep 24, 2019
Hello Friends.

I am returning to announce that I'm working on a new game: Reparations. The game will be free and I won't have any Patreon.

I want to express my appreciation for all the words of support and encouragement over the past few months. Many people reached out to me and urged me to keep going. Hopefully I won't let you down with Reparations and it will live up to the standards of my previous game.

I've been away from development for a while now so definitely a bit rusty. But thankfully a lot of the old tricks are coming back to me and I'm getting up to speed with it.

Chapter 1 - Saturday - September 28th
I am so happy to hear you are still making games. The previous game was very rare to find and had some extreme fetishes which makes it one of a kind. If there is a way we can support you further do tell us.

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I am so happy to hear you are still making games. The previous game was very rare to find and had some extreme fetishes which makes it one of a kind. If there is a way we can support you further do tell us.
Thank you for the words of encouragement. Yes! You can support me. Once Chapter 1 of Reparations is released this Saturday you can play it and then come back on the forum and post your feedback. You can give suggestions about the direction the game should take, the things you want to see.

Chapter 1 is an introduction to the story, the characters... it sets the stage for where the game can go in the future. The problem is, it could go in so many directions! So I need people to share their thoughts and ideas. I already have a lot of ideas in my head for what I want to see in Chapter 2 but the feedback from people who have played it is extremely helpful in guiding where we go.

Thanks

Sep 24, 2019
Thank you for the words of encouragement. Yes! You can support me. Once Chapter 1 of Reparations is released this Saturday you can play it and then come back on the forum and post your feedback. You can give suggestions about the direction the game should take, the things you want to see.

Chapter 1 is an introduction to the story, the characters... it sets the stage for where the game can go in the future. The problem is, it could go in so many directions! So I need people to share their thoughts and ideas. I already have a lot of ideas in my head for what I want to see in Chapter 2 but the feedback from people who have played it is extremely helpful in guiding where we go.

Thanks
I definitely will leave feedback after you release the first chapter! On saturday I'm just going to be checking every hour or so to see when you release it.

Anyways it would be nice if we knew what your vision of "reparations" is, are you looking to create a game with a ton of fetishes, extreme ones (but this time leave out the illegal things the mods did not like) and a good story?
What's the game about?

Edited: some grammar mistakes.

Last edited:

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
I definitely will leave feedback after you release the first chapter! On saturday I'm just going to be checking every hour or so to see when you release it.

Anyways it would be nice if we knew what your vision of "reparations" is, are you looking to create a game with a ton of fetishes, extreme ones (but this time leave out the illegal things the mods did not like) and a good story?
What's the game about?
Thanks for the positive words. In terms of the fetishes, the content in the game represents the things I'm interested in. So yes, I think there will be a lot of similarities with Bully because it's what I'm into. In terms of how many fetishes, I think that is really where you can either get things right or go in the wrong direction. It's all about how you work each of these individual things into the story and have it make sense. You want the story to evolve in a believable way, but not too slow or too fast.

In terms of my overall vision I don't want to spoil things. Everyone will see exactly where we are headed, in just about 2.5 days or so! It will be very obvious, there is no ambiguity. But that is definitely where the feedback will come in, because each character the MC associates with can have a different path and we really want to get those things right.

Ob Nixillis

Aug 1, 2017
Jobeo I actually had a question regarding Bully. It clearly went to some pretty wild extremes in the name of the fetish to a point that I would call absurd. Was this done intentionally to crank up the feelings that the fetishes are meant to evoke (such as powerlessness and impotence)?

I'd like to state that I use absurd in an artistic sense (ie: pushing something to an extreme far past what would be considered feasible to exaggerate a point) and I am not calling the content ridiculous or silly

Sep 24, 2019
Thanks for the positive words. In terms of the fetishes, the content in the game represents the things I'm interested in. So yes, I think there will be a lot of similarities with Bully because it's what I'm into. In terms of how many fetishes, I think that is really where you can either get things right or go in the wrong direction. It's all about how you work each of these individual things into the story and have it make sense. You want the story to evolve in a believable way, but not too slow or too fast.

In terms of my overall vision I don't want to spoil things. Everyone will see exactly where we are headed, in just about 2.5 days or so! It will be very obvious, there is no ambiguity. But that is definitely where the feedback will come in, because each character the MC associates with can have a different path and we really want to get those things right.
Ps. I think you should definitely have more animations. That is what I missed in the previous game. For example when he is performing oral you should really show his tongue going in and out. I think that would make it that much more hot, maybe some close ups? But that's just my opinion.

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Jobeo I actually had a question regarding Bully. It clearly went to some pretty wild extremes in the name of the fetish to a point that I would call absurd. Was this done intentionally to crank up the feelings that the fetishes are meant to evoke (such as powerlessness and impotence)?
Very good questions. I think one of the reasons that things went to such an extreme was the fact that the game was not constrained by the boundaries you would normally have with Patreon. Clearly though the game was constrained by other boundaries and that was unanticipated.

The other piece is what I would call the 'ramp'. From the beginning of any story things ramp up and escalate in a certain way. I was always motivated to outdo myself in each chapter and I took the ramp to an extreme level. Many people said that the game started out way too fast, and that is something I hope to correct in Reparations. To me, the speed at which the story evolves is the trickiest thing. For instance, if you start out very slowly and ramp up very slowly, the developer may get bored a few chapters in and abandon the game. Then where are you? Conversely, you could start out very fast and then ramp even faster and literally exhaust everything within a few chapters. Even I admitted that the escalation path in Bully was not sustainable and there was no way to keep it going like that.

So in Reparations we are going to have to try and find a balance. Chapter 1 will start out slowly, intentionally! This may bother some people, maybe they expect it to be Bully Chapter 6, but it isn't. The whole point is we start out slow and then ramp and we have to get the ramp speed right. I definitely think there are right and wrong decisions you can make in this regard and I really hope we get them right.

Sep 24, 2019
Very good questions. I think one of the reasons that things went to such an extreme was the fact that the game was not constrained by the boundaries you would normally have with Patreon. Clearly though the game was constrained by other boundaries and that was unanticipated.

The other piece is what I would call the 'ramp'. From the beginning of any story things ramp up and escalate in a certain way. I was always motivated to outdo myself in each chapter and I took the ramp to an extreme level. Many people said that the game started out way too fast, and that is something I hope to correct in Reparations. To me, the speed at which the story evolves is the trickiest thing. For instance, if you start out very slowly and ramp up very slowly, the developer may get bored a few chapters in and abandon the game. Then where are you? Conversely, you could start out very fast and then ramp even faster and literally exhaust everything within a few chapters. Even I admitted that the escalation path in Bully was not sustainable and there was no way to keep it going like that.

So in Reparations we are going to have to try and find a balance. Chapter 1 will start out slowly, intentionally! This may bother some people, maybe they expect it to be Bully Chapter 6, but it isn't. The whole point is we start out slow and then ramp and we have to get the ramp speed right. I definitely think there are right and wrong decisions you can make in this regard and I really hope we get them right.
I must say I agree that you do run out of content very fast when you just fill a chapter with a ton of different fetishes. But I must say it again; if you show in detail what is happening, spend way more time on animations for every fetish that will also be a way you can also make it more sustainable, I for one would love to see that and I think since you're taking it slower wouldn't that be perfect? For now this is my last comment, since I don't think I can add anything else until I have been able to play the first chapter for myself.

Thanks for your great work, interaction with us, and listening to feedback!

Jobeo

Game Developer
Jul 4, 2017
Everything is on track for the release tomorrow. I have re-learned how to package up these games and I plan to provide both a PC and Mac version right from the start. I will leave it to any fan with the skills to package an Android apk version.

Things are going very smoothly and just some final finishing touches. I don't expect any roadblocks between now and the release. I am very motivated for chapter 2 and plan to start developing on that right away so definitely provide suggestions after playing so we can steer it in the right direction.

Thanks!

meigame

Engaged Member
Dec 2, 2017
Jobeo - like the new game. is there a place I can find the most recent version of Bully? My version is way early - hadn't updated since ch1 and would like to see the work as far as it exists...

Reactions: Extrauser