VN Ren'Py Completed Immoral Study Scenario 2 - Fan Remaster [Final] [UncleNanard]

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Wow... it looks worse than the original.
It kinda looks like it was run through an Emulator filter tbh.
Like, it's too flat, the old sprites had a lot more detail and more careful shading.
Reminds me of discussions I've had with people about Dragonball Super's art style.
There's no real definition to anything, it's just digitally traced and smoothed.
The backgrounds are easily the worst part though but they're not as important.
It could be worse i guess. Not a bad way to learn Ren'py though.
Good job, for what it is. (y)

omeganecross

Aug 6, 2017
It kinda looks like it was run through an Emulator filter tbh.
Like, it's too flat, the old sprites had a lot more detail and more careful shading.
Reminds me of discussions I've had with people about Dragonball Super's art style.
There's no real definition to anything, it's just digitally traced and smoothed.
The backgrounds are easily the worst part though but they're not as important.
It could be worse i guess. Not a bad way to learn Ren'py though.
Good job, for what it is. (y)
it's for people like you that I also suggested the dude to do a version of the game he remasters with also the old pixelated cgs

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
it's for people like you that I also suggested the dude to do a version of the game he remasters with also the old pixelated cgs
Having the old CGs as an option would be neat, I believe I've seen that done a few times with remasters.
Namely, most recently, Abbadon: Princess of Decay.

Sep 22, 2017
"Fan remaster". Yeah, nothing like taking pre-existing games, throwing their CGs through a shitty AI upscaler (or worse, an upscaling filter), making a patreon page and buymeacoffee to attempt to capitalize on that, putting your own name as the developer, and calling them "remasters". You're a fucking leech, dude.

Seriously, does this even look like a wrench to you?
1635805203835.png

todzy

Oct 4, 2019
Chill out dude, it's not easy to port games.
But yeah, you could upscale with honeyview old cg's and that's all or leave same resolution too :D
I'm happy to see a game that can be played on many systems!
Thanks!

Reactions: UncleNanard

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
"Fan remaster". Yeah, nothing like taking pre-existing games, throwing their CGs through a shitty AI upscaler (or worse, an upscaling filter), making a patreon page and buymeacoffee to attempt to capitalize on that, putting your own name as the developer, and calling them "remasters". You're a fucking leech, dude.

Seriously, does this even look like a wrench to you?
View attachment 1480005
You are mistaken.
I'm not trying to capitalize on these games, besides the downloads don't appear on my Patreon.
As I've said many times, I did this to learn the basics of Renpy and it was very helpful.

I could have learned the same thing with empty images, but I thought it would be nice to use a game I liked when I was young.

You have the right to not like my work. There is a Renpy version with the old images if you don't like the remaster. (y)

UncleNanard

I am to music what Kanye West is to adult games.
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
And now the fan remaster of the 3rd game then its compleet again
I don't know. I m not sure about the story. It's too hardcore for me.
Now, i m on my own project.
But, in the futur, i can spend 1 day each week for remaster if there is public for that.
I will probably make a poll to know what game people want. (In the other thread, people want True Love)

I wonder if a remaster of most of the games on Asenheim is possible, Immoral Study is pretty linear so I guess convertion for
Cacaman
should be easier to do than actual games like True Love or SoS, but I don't really know how is he doing it. True Love is my favorite game and I really hope to see it done.
I think i can remaster all the game on Aseheim.
It's not so hard. For True Love i just need a lot's of variable. It's a +1 system :

If the MC go to Gym +1 in Sports.
If library +1 in intellect
Depending on your score, the end of the game will be different.

So it's not hard, but it's very painfull.

That's why i added a Renpy port + Old pics
As you said, the goal was to learn. And i learned a lot (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Detective Cancer

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
That's why i added a Renpy port + Old pics
As you said, the goal was to learn. And i learned a lot (y)
For what it is, it's pretty decent (I've seen SO much worse), and you came out of it having learned something and having done something a lot of people wanted. Win win even if it's not for me stylistically. I'm just one. ;)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

yamipleb

Oct 27, 2018
Cacaman still going to upload a version with original video?
really happy you ported this old game to renpy, just can't stand the upscaled images