Mod Wolf RPG Imouto Seikatsu ~Fantasy~ Translation Revision/Mod [DLCv0.1.0] [Imouto_prpr]

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
With the new version that Inusuku just put out, I experimented a bit more with merging the existing translation project. Added a couple lines to the big main scenario script and tried different import options, looks like it was able to merge everything from the previous project without scuffing the test lines. DLC will obviously be a lot more significant in terms of changes, but it seems promising.

Oakkom

Dec 23, 2017
Hello! Great work so far! Was wonder what the script you're working on trying to accomplish? Are you trying to merge your current work with the dlc and mtl the rest?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Hello! Great work so far! Was wonder what the script you're working on trying to accomplish? Are you trying to merge your current work with the dlc and mtl the rest?
So basically to prep for the DLC I ported my prior version onto the base Japanese game so that it would have greater compatibility with the DLC version on release. I haven't released anything of that build just yet (I really want to though) but the translation seems to have merged properly with the DLC version, so now I'm working on the new scripts. I don't do direct MTL so translation speed will depend on how much the new content (devoid of context) confuses me.

If people want I could put out an absurdly incomplete version that translates most of the existing game and none of the DLC but might also possibly be broken (I have not gotten to test it much at all). At any rate, back into the scripts with me.

Jodan559

Feb 17, 2023
So basically to prep for the DLC I ported my prior version onto the base Japanese game so that it would have greater compatibility with the DLC version on release. I haven't released anything of that build just yet (I really want to though) but the translation seems to have merged properly with the DLC version, so now I'm working on the new scripts. I don't do direct MTL so translation speed will depend on how much the new content (devoid of context) confuses me.

If people want I could put out an absurdly incomplete version that translates most of the existing game and none of the DLC but might also possibly be broken (I have not gotten to test it much at all). At any rate, back into the scripts with me.
It would be greatly appreciated if you could :)

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
It would be greatly appreciated if you could :)
Gahhhhh dammit I'll try to cobble something up real quick. No promises that it'll even be functional though lol. There are probably all sorts of things I didn't quite finish with the port (had to copy manually, missed lines guaranteed), let alone with the DLC changes.

Reactions: Jodan559

Oakkom

Dec 23, 2017
This is a stretch, but if you had a script that could extract all the text from the game a dirty mtl+current work would be DIVINE

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
AAAHHH I'm just trying to fix the UI layout a bit and need to get her Lust up to 3 digits but Inusuku hitting me with a real choice CG here o_O

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Okay, super untested TL merge up on now. I cannot guarantee even basic functionality so enjoy at your own peril. If you load a save and it's completely broken (like, no button graphics appear) either try to proceed to the next scene or try loading another save (maybe something in your room at evening). Anyway, back to the grind with me.

GurochanExia

Jan 4, 2019
Is your base game ver 1.4.5 or before?
Gonna try your ver with the Mtool. Will inform if got error or similar things.
Start a NG without savefile because I like grind

Oakkom

Dec 23, 2017
If you have the premium mtool, can you export the chatgpt translation and share it? Or is that unethical?

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
It's based on 1.4.5, I tested the TL migration to that version from where I started it on 1.4.3 and as far as I could tell it went without a hitch. The DLC could be another story since it's massively more content, but Translator++ seems to have carried over what it could. Like I said it's super untested so expect things to go wrong (even the base JP version I hadn't been able to test very thoroughly).

Oh if the game straight up doesn't run do tell me lol. I just grabbed the working version, packed it up, and loaded a few saves real quick, so I wouldn't be surprised if I just screwed up the release entirely somehow.

Reactions: GurochanExia

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Alright, time to call it for a day. The main script for the DLC is actually pretty sizable, well over 1000 lines (the main scenario for the base game comes in at well under 1000, though there are a bunch of other things...).

At any rate this is adorable. Thank you, Inusuku.
ScreenShot_2024_0613_00_15_48.png

Jemless

Jan 31, 2020
Thanks for this, I was always wondering why no one sniped Shade when he seemingly was doing MTL from day 1.
I'm thankful towards Shade, even with the purposeful liberties he took but I appreciate that someone took the time to do a real translation...
I also could have sworn Shade said he DIDN'T know Japanese at one point - but I suppose he's had a lot of time to study (I didn't study!) and I'm probably mistaken since the OP here didn't mention that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Imouto_prpr

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Thanks for this, I was always wondering why no one sniped Shade when he seemingly was doing MTL from day 1.
I'm thankful towards Shade, even with the purposeful liberties he took but I appreciate that someone took the time to do a real translation...
I also could have sworn Shade said he DIDN'T know Japanese at one point - but I suppose he's had a lot of time to study (I didn't study!) and I'm probably mistaken since the OP here didn't mention that.
If I had actually known about this game earlier I tell ya...

No but honestly, a lot of people have gotten to enjoy the game thanks to him, that is really cool. I'd expect his Japanese to be comparable to mine, if not a bit better; fan translations often have a way of coming about through sheer force of will. But yeah, his translation priorities definitely seem different, so here we are.

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
At any rate this is adorable. Thank you, Inusuku.
View attachment 3731738
Ah yes, one of those "go ask mom/dad!" moments but there's only you around to answer...

Alright, time to call it for a day. The main script for the DLC is actually pretty sizable, well over 1000 lines (the main scenario for the base game comes in at well under 1000, though there are a bunch of other things...).
That's quite interesting, I never would've guessed it judging by the content and file sizes. And crap, I was hoping Kagura would release it faster this time around since the game has been so successful (I just want the uncensored CGs), but this dampens my hopes somewhat. :HideThePain:

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
That's quite interesting, I never would've guessed it judging by the content and file sizes. And crap, I was hoping Kagura would release it faster this time around since the game has been so successful (I just want the uncensored CGs), but this dampens my hopes somewhat. :HideThePain:
Yeah, in the end, 1000 lines isn't that much in the grand scheme of things (a full-size VN is more like 30000 lines?), but it's not nothing either. Then there are a bunch of other scripts that seem to be 100-200 lines, plus a bunch of stuff peppered throughout old scripts. For stuff with your Imouto, a ton of it is probably variations, whether she's refusing, or accepting hesitantly, or will only go so far, or reluctantly go all the way, or is excited to go all the way, or wants to ask for more... It's so many and so conditional that players probably won't ever get to see them all. It's a funny thing, making so much content that is likely to never impact the player's experience at all, but I think it's really neat that Inusuku wants to create those opportunities.

On the TL side though, it's seriously a pain seeing the dialogue jump around to accommodate it. I'm doing my best to follow along just by looking at the raw script archive but I'll definitely need to see some of this stuff in full context for it to make proper sense. Can't wait till I've translated enough of the script to actually play the content myself :KEK:

And yes just the uncensor would be much appreciated. It's a lot of money on the table so maybe their timeline won't be too bad? But also, it's not like they technically have competition, so delays probably cost them very little ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Imouto_prpr

May 5, 2024
Actually have a ton of time to work with this week, though it's unlikely that I'll be able to get a full first pass of the DLC content done in that time (I'll absolutely try though). Now uploading just the CommonEvent.dat script archive from time to time (daily?) to provides updates for whatever amount of the script I've managed to go through. Errors very likely as I'm not able to properly test while translating but so it goes. Won't cover some of the changes in other game data archives but naturally those will be added when I actually get to a proper release.

5.00 star(s) 3 Votes