In Depth Guide and Difference Between Netorare , Netori and Netorase.

Was this Guide Helpful?

• Yes

Votes: 101 87.8%
  • No

Votes: 14 12.2%

• Total voters

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
While I won't discredit the fact that there is a brief explanation on the Tag NTR located here. Brief is all it is. It doesn't go into further detail about the other aspects of NTR that have confused many people the internet over. This Explanation that I found on the should cover everything there is.
1621832435820.png

D

Deleted member 3145675

Hi,
Thanks for your "NTR Thread #10.569".

Sadly, explaining what ntr is, compares to describing a Van Gogh painting to blind and deaf people in deep coma:
(who strangely can be extremely vocal tho)
- it has good intentions but no noticeable positive effect.
(unless you consider throwing more gasoline over a forest fire as a positive action with positive results.)

So you get a B- (adulterer -) Grade for this one. ;)
Have fun.

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
Hi,
Thanks for your "NTR Thread #10.569".

Sadly, explaining what ntr is, compares to describing a Van Gogh painting to blind and deaf people in deep coma:
(who strangely can be extremely vocal tho)
- it has good intentions but no noticeable positive effect.
(unless you consider throwing more gasoline over a forest fire as a positive action with positive results.)

So you get a B- (adulterer -) Grade for this one. ;)
Have fun.
eh I will take it

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Ah sorry - he had a more public version of the same post, but just to paste here quickly:

1621918948486.png

Reactions: 246

ymt22

Jun 8, 2021
Masterlordflame please correct me if I am wrong thanks in advance!
  • NETORARE(寝取られ)
    (innocent relationship [emotional affiar] slow-growing interest [physical affair] full-blown Cheating [physical + emotional affair])
    protagonist partner want's to break up with the protagonist to be with the cheater

• NETORASE (ネトラセーゼ)
    (i want you to cheat on me on my request [physical affair]→ some unknown event happened? [hidden affair] → Permission/lie to cheat [physical + emotional affair] )
    protagonist let's partner have sex with other guys

• NETORI(寝取り)
    (I seduce other partnersI proceed to corrupt till she falls for meThey join my harem)

the protagonist finds a lady in a marriage or relationship and steals her away from her partner

Last edited:

Masterlordflame

Well Known Member
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2018
  • NETORARE(寝取られ)
    (innocent relationship [emotional affiar] slow-growing interest [physical affair] full-blown Cheating [physical + emotional affair])
    protagonist partner want's to break up with the protagonist to be with the cheater

• NETORASE (ネトラセーゼ)
    (i want you to cheat on me on my request [physical affair]→ some unknown event happened? [hidden affair] → Permission/lie to cheat [physical + emotional affair] )

• NETORI(寝取り)
    (I seduce other partnersI proceed to corrupt till she falls for meThey join my harem)

the protagonist finds a lady in a marriage or relationship and steals her away from her partner
Thats about right yeah

AlphaJnx

Aug 21, 2018
  • NETORARE(寝取られ)

• NETORASE (ネトラセーゼ)

• NETORI(寝取り)

In a nutshell NTR is NTR they are all fcked up in simple terms Cheating

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
NETORARE(寝取られ)
Not exactly. For Netorare it does not matter what the protagonist partner wants. The protagonist's partner could be being forced through blackmail, mind control, or other methods to cheat on her partner. In fact, the traditional Japanese NTR most of the time involves the partner expressing how she doesn't want to cheat, even being discussed with the idea of sleeping with the bad guy, at least initially. But that is not usually on western NTR because here we have softened the trope removing the parts related to rape when Netorare is essentially a rape trope in origin. It just that the trope has been softened for western audiences and most of the time in western games the LI is willing to cheat, maybe western audiences do not like rape so much as Japanese NTR fans. But a scene of an LI being raped is NTR, an even more authentic NTR than most western NTR games.

ymt22

Jun 8, 2021
Not exactly. For Netorare it does not matter what the protagonist partner wants. The protagonist's partner could be being forced through blackmail, mind control, or other methods to cheat on her partner. In fact, the traditional Japanese NTR most of the time involves the partner expressing how she doesn't want to cheat, even being discussed with the idea of sleeping with the bad guy, at least initially. But that is not usually on western NTR because here we have softened the trope removing the parts related to rape when Netorare is essentially a rape trope in origin. It just that the trope has been softened for western audiences and most of the time in western games the LI is willing to cheat, maybe western audiences do not like rape so much as Japanese NTR fans. But a scene of an LI being raped is NTR, an even more authentic NTR than most western NTR games.
it opened my eyes so basically, it's like a fantasy to be raped / to cheat with others / to escape the current relationship / to be mind-controlled / to be drugged/blackmailed and etc... without the repercussions or consequences of it being her actions or responsibilities... because you mentioned "initially" meaning her mind will be playing a scene's of what-ifs so her mental state is already into it but due to social or whatever situation she can't tell other's her secret but instead she aggressively associate negative feelings towards the idea and express it verbally.
here are some examples:
  • Walking in a dark alley knowing that is prone to kidnapping(clearly an action can be avoided but she chose to do it anyway hoping to be raped but after the 1st incident she uses the alley every weekend then every night and finally doesn't come home or reply to partner for more than 24 hours before confessing her cheating).
  • going on a train wearing clothes that show a lot of skin knowing that a chance to be molested will happen (an indication to want to feel physical intimacy without saying yes or no basically without consent but hoping for a molester to seize the opportunity and later events asked the molester to be her driver instead of using the public transport)
  • arguing and belittling the husband causing him to be burst into anger and nearly rape her. (her frustration is causing her to be annoying but she secretly wants to make her husband spend more time with her intimately but it backfires so she breaks the house equipment and asked for a plumber or electrician which the husbands pay for but she only wore a bath towel during their visits to seduce them into raping her)
  • girl walking into a male dormitory at night to pass books back to its owner (the only reason is a fantasy that hopefully the guys would get up and grope her body and not let her leave till the morning making noises as loud as possible to wake them up and it finally happened now she goes to male toilets during lunchtime to clean it and service them)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

khumak

Engaged Member
Oct 2, 2017
The confusion for me is that if I'm not mistaken, Netorare, Netorase, and Netori are all subsets of NTR, but the appeal for each of those 3 subcategories doesn't necessarily overlap much if at all for many people. In my case, I like Netori but not the other 2. But trying a game with the NTR tag doesn't really give you much indication whether you should expect Netorare, Netorase, Netori, or some of each.

Reactions: legraf

javier_himura

Jun 23, 2017
it opened my eyes so basically, it's like a fantasy to be raped / to cheat with others / to escape the current relationship / to be mind-controlled / to be drugged/blackmailed and etc... without the repercussions or consequences of it being her actions or responsibilities... because you mentioned "initially" meaning her mind will be playing a scene's of what-ifs so her mental state is already into it but due to social or whatever situation she can't tell other's her secret but instead she aggressively associate negative feelings towards the idea and express it verbally.
I say "initially" because usually on those Japanese NTR stories the bad guy rapes the LI but that starts a corruption process that will lead her inevitably to a point where she actually enjoys that, which can not be defined as true consensual sex. It is just like a kidnapped girl having sex with her captor, just because she consents due to Stockholm Syndrome does not make that relationship consensual. The same happens with corruption, in nature is a rape trope about forcing a person, maybe not by violence, but it is forcing the person into wanting what the aggressor wants.

But anyway you are putting much emphasis on the partner when usually on NTR stories what the partner wants does not matter. Sure, the partner could have a secret fantasy of wanting to be raped. But in most Japanese NTR stories that do not happen, the partner wants to continue with her happy relationships. But the bad guy wants to corrupt her and make her be what he likes, just because that is what the bad guy wants. In essence, the partner in Japanese NTR stories both the MC and his partner are victims who do not want to be cheaters nor cheating but it happens anyway because that is what the bad guy wants.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
While I won't discredit the fact that there is a brief explanation on the Tag NTR located here. Brief is all it is. It doesn't go into further detail about the other aspects of NTR that have confused many people the internet over. This Explanation that I found on the should cover everything there is.
View attachment 1209768
I will take a look and see if I can uncensor it.

(Edit: I've figured out how the game is censored and am currently building a patch. Will share both the patch and an archive with the new files shortly. The automatic plugin-based uncensors don't work.)
Except, sorry, you're wrong. Netorare means cuckold and nothing else but that. The protagonist is being cheated on by his wife (and yes, it is specifically wife, not just love interest) who has sex with someone else without the MC wanting it or being an active part of it.

Last edited:

ymt22

Jun 8, 2021
That chart is way too complicated.

Netorare: NPC woman cheats on the MC, behind his back. NPC woman gets seduced by NPC male or cheats of her own free will. MC eventually discovers this and responds in various ways; willingly liking it, reluctantly liking it, hating it.

Netori: NPC male seduces and fucks the MC's women, thus the MC is being NTR'ed.

Netorase/Stag: MC tells his women to fuck other men, and either chooses to watch or not.

Swinger: MC tells his women to fuck other men, but MC fucks the women of these other men as well. It's often an equal exchange of women between couples.

Cuckold: MC gets aroused by watching his woman get fucked by better men. He accepts this or hates it, but always gets aroused willingly or reluctantly. MC is rarely in a position of power when he's getting cucked.

Cuckold Humiliation: Like the above, except the MC is also humiliated by either the dominant male, female, or both.

This is probably the best explanation of each term. I challenge anyone to show me a better explanation guide; because I genuinely want to make sure I got it right! :)
well said!

Reactions: thetrueredking

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
This is probably the best explanation of each term. I challenge anyone to show me a better explanation guide; because I genuinely want to make sure I got it right! :)
NTR isn't gendered, you could get reversed roles or gay/lez NTR. Also it's not necessarily restricted to romantic relationships, plenty of mom NTR out there. But there does have to be some kind of relationship that gets compromised, otherwise no one's being stolen and it can't be NTR. By the same token, I don't lump netorase/swinging with NTR at all, I see it as a different fetish that can lead to NTR.

Reactions: hakarlman and 246
May 5, 2019
Just curious, I may not fully understand but:
What is the term for the person, (we'll say boyfriend) who supports the (girlfriend) to sleep with other guys?
So "Hey, GF, my friend is having a rough day, can you f- him for me to cheer him up" type of stuff. (But better written lol)

Is there a separate term for if both partners support sleeping with others, Open Relationship is a common term but is there a more specific term if both partners suggest a person or something.

While swinging I think is typically partner swapping, but if "Hey, that person is cute, you should go for it"
Basically your partner being your wingman.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Just curious, I may not fully understand but:
What is the term for the person, (we'll say boyfriend) who supports the (girlfriend) to sleep with other guys?
So "Hey, GF, my friend is having a rough day, can you f- him for me to cheer him up" type of stuff. (But better written lol)
Generally speaking, that would be netorase. But there are some different flavors when you get into the details.

Netorase basically encompasses stories where the male protagonist likes or even encourages his girl to fuck others. It does tend to be quite close to western cuckoldry because they both tend to feature a masochistic MC.

Hot-wifing is on the more wholesome side. Instead of masochistic desires, the husband really supports the wife's sexual freedom and finds it hot.

Then there are the prostitution/dominant sharing types where the MC is doing some power play by whoring out his girls.

Is there a separate term for if both partners support sleeping with others, Open Relationship is a common term but is there a more specific term if both partners suggest a person or something.
Open relationship is exactly what it is. There are no better terms for it.

However, none of these actually have a tag on this site. You would have to search for NTR and try to find those rare games that actually have the type of story you want.