VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.50] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Hmm, this update is mostly meh. Technically he's having sex with a woman he's had sex with I think (in the first version) and the other woman in a threesome. But a lot of the talk is based around snide comments and 'jokes'. We do get forward plot progress, but it's just an arraignment as compared to the trial. Sort of wish dev would just get on with it. This feels like a reverse Waifu academy. Instead of a promise of "better" scenes that mostly look the same or new gameplay gimmicks, the dev seems interested in moving the main plot slowly forward and mostly just bantering with the girls until days last 5 updates, and those who think this game will eventually kick into gear lose interest completely. Instead of increasing the time to milk patrons, he's increasing the fluff, the filler stuff, like an anime that's caught up to the manga. Which is not great in my opinion, as the characters are a bit samey, a bit too cardboardy to really bask in the relationships like that would require.
So meh. Lot of sex for an update, but at the end he basically is back in neutral waiting three days that I swear might take a year of updates.
I would have liked it better if he had explored each subgroup before moving on and even before introducing all the other many, many characters (which aligns with your 'cardboardy' comment - too many thrown at the player to care about any of them).

Reactions: y0081268

sho1223

May 28, 2017
I would have liked it better if he had explored each subgroup before moving on and even before introducing all the other many, many characters (which aligns with your 'cardboardy' comment - too many thrown at the player to care about any of them).
I'd phrase it as an either or statement. If you're making a harem game with 20 characters, you either gradually introduce them so that by the time they all show up you know all of them, or you make it so that you learn about them through having them be super unique (read: not having 5 daughter families that mostly seem the same). Bonus points if you can do that while fucking them, so that you can start to mark down toward the actual endgame at a reasonable pace. At this pace, I can only assume this VN will be finished 15 years from now about the time that Star Wars episode XVIII enters theaters.

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
In for a Penny [v0.17] [Moist Sponge Productions] - Compressed
You like this game and want to support the developer, click on the developer name below.

Developer:

This compression is unofficial which reduces media quality and might break the game.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Original Win/Linux Size: 2.95 GB
Compressed Win/Linux Size: 602 MB

Original Mac Size: 2.93 GB
Compressed Mac Size: 585 MB

Give me a "(y)like" if you enjoy this compressed version

Last edited:

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
In my opinion, if the girls are starting to wonder if the MC is gay or not and the MC ACTIVLY avoided sex AFTER he says he's not gay, than I question the motives of the game and the dev. So far, Red and Blue and the girls in the game have had to FORCE the MC to have sex. And just going off of my own experience, when I was still young and inexperienced, I wanted to stick my dick into anything human with a slit between it's legs. So don't give me that "BuT hE iS jUsT iNeXpErIeNcEd!!!!!" Bullshit.
Japanese manga/anime is flooded with MCs like this, so that might be where this dev gets his inspiration from. Had enough of grass-fed beta males that run away when a hot girl is clearly into them and relationships never progress beyond holding hands. Like, get the tampon out of your ass already, ya bitch. Glad I decided to check the comments out before I tried this one.

syazsyaz

Dec 4, 2020
Hmm, this update is mostly meh. Technically he's having sex with a woman he's had sex with I think (in the first version) and the other woman in a threesome. But a lot of the talk is based around snide comments and 'jokes'. We do get forward plot progress, but it's just an arraignment as compared to the trial. Sort of wish dev would just get on with it. This feels like a reverse Waifu academy. Instead of a promise of "better" scenes that mostly look the same or new gameplay gimmicks, the dev seems interested in moving the main plot slowly forward and mostly just bantering with the girls until days last 5 updates, and those who think this game will eventually kick into gear lose interest completely. Instead of increasing the time to milk patrons, he's increasing the fluff, the filler stuff, like an anime that's caught up to the manga. Which is not great in my opinion, as the characters are a bit samey, a bit too cardboardy to really bask in the relationships like that would require.
So meh. Lot of sex for an update, but at the end he basically is back in neutral waiting three days that I swear might take a year of updates.
i agree...this story kinda familiar like pine falls by danielk... hurm for the first time after playinh this game i kinda feel sad and disappointed badly.. it been 1 year(correct me if i was wrong) the story kinda missing.. the mc kinda look stupid (cause he is like coward who scare to having sex woth the girls and not take responsibility) ... the sex scenes not the best... and why mc always cum outside while the woman say u can shoot the seed wherever mc need like inside or outside... to many story... less scenes and the scene look kinda boring... i play this while at the same time i can watch the movie and i click the auto button just waiting the selection... i dont say i hate this game.. because the characters look perfect just.. hurm... please add creampie and please let the player decide where the mc can cum.. that all for me... it just my opinion.. sorry u guys if i make u guys uncomfortable after read my comment.. only two creampie scenes on this game.... and the others cumshot on ass... hurm

Last edited:

Royco35

Dec 23, 2019
FYI - the GDrive links are swapped around, ie the Win/Linux links to the MAC version and the Mac GDrive links to the Win version

B00G1E

Jan 17, 2021
Wanted to love the Game I love Harem games in general i like the MC gameplay is decent but i just can't find it in my soul to love those damned cow udders each to their own and all that but I'm afraid its a no from me good luck dev peace out.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
Wanted to love the Game I love Harem games in general i like the MC gameplay is decent but i just can't find it in my soul to love those damned cow udders each to their own and all that but I'm afraid its a no from me good luck dev peace out.
This you OP?

Drmwzrd2001

Feb 5, 2019
I am loving this more and more. Being a Transformers fan since the 80's, you get mega brownie points for that line about "if I say innocent, does the floor open and I get eaten by sharkticons?"

I spit coffee and laughed a good minute. Thank you just for that.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
I am loving this more and more. Being a Transformers fan since the 80's, you get mega brownie points for that line about "if I say innocent, does the floor open and I get eaten by sharkticons?"

I spit coffee and laughed a good minute. Thank you just for that.
Context for all the youngsters out there. Great movie!

Reactions: yoyomistro

shinomond

Nov 21, 2017
Is there or will there be a way to restore Maddie's breasts? She was the one complaining at the church of having then shrunk in size. I know its not for every body but bigger is better in my book.

Reactions: Apostate
Jun 30, 2018
I have an idea ... how about aligning the game a bit towards fantasy? or a little towards hypnosis and so on? so the protagonist knows his way around hypnosis and gets the power to change the thoughts of women from some glitch and how about if the protagonist is dominant of his kind? after all, it's a game with harem. how about a woman with green hair? that will be added to the game?

Symbol „Von der Community überprüft“

BadxHero

May 29, 2020
Man, I want to like this game so bad, but the MC is such a wimp. I don't understand what the dev is trying to do here, because none of this makes any logical sense at all. Especially when you consider the fact that, as everyone else has already pointed out, most of the women have absolutely no issue with him jumping their bones. As a matter of fact, the vast majority of women in the "sexual aquarium" are practically throwing themselves at him. So, what is the developer trying to do here? Are they trying to say that a guy shouldn't have sex with a woman even if they've been given the okay by the woman themselves? I understand that the MC doesn't have much experience with women, but this is not the way to show it. Seriously, the MC is acting as though that if he so much as asks for a blowjob, he'll spontaneously combust and the universe will literally implode on itself. It really isn't a very appealing thing to watch, considering that this is supposed to be a harem game about a dude getting his dick wet in an "alien" town called "HaremVille" for christ's sake.

C'mon dev, I know you can do better than this. The potential is there but you're just not exercising it.

3.50 star(s) 55 Votes