VN Ren'Py In for a Penny [v0.51] [Moist Sponge Productions]

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes

Wills747

Engaged Member
Dec 14, 2018
You made some mistakes.
In the "day select" the clickable ones go up to 18, but in your port only up to 10 have the description.
I'll check that out, it's likely because my compressor recycles images that have existed previously.

Crimsonfiend76

Herald - Super Naked Ginger Cuddle Time
Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Does anyone have a save playable for the start of 0.42?
I really don't fancy skipping through the previous content.
You are better off choosing a day from the calendar and starting off from that day instead of playing from the beginning, that's what I did.

jackeasy

Aug 23, 2017
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

For those who aren't tech savvy, here's the bug fixed file. I haven't tested it personally but the edits above were pretty easy to follow based on the structure of the rest of the code.

Make sure you save the file as Day 16.rpy and place it in the \game\Quests folder. Overwrite when prompted.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
For those who aren't tech savvy, here's the bug fixed file. I haven't tested it personally but the edits above were pretty easy to follow based on the structure of the rest of the code.

Make sure you save the file as Day 16.rpy and place it in the \game\Quests folder. Overwrite when prompted.
Hi,
Thanks, I should have done that myself. It will work as that is identical to what I used and ran for 0.41.
d16-181 is missing from images.

Last edited:

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi ,
Here is an updated version of script.rpy.
It has all the variables uncommented.
Should make saves future proof but I do not know how to get a 0.41 save to work in 0.42.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi,
Some typos but I have not gotten to Day 17 yet.
Starting from scratch again and I do not want any spoilers.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Dayn

Apr 9, 2018
Okay dude. Ever notice that his complaints have a purpose? That he is trying to change behavior of others? Trying to get them to not accept their lot but not do anything to endanger the community at large? Have you noticed the pattern? Have you noticed that he has been pissed off about his lot but at each stage is getting other members of the prison to act more in their own self interest while also aligning their interests with his own? I'm guessing you didn't otherwise you wouldn't call him a beta. The man is getting results. Seems to me you should judge a man on results. No? A real man gets pissed and complains but he actually goes beyond the complaint and makes improvements to his situation. Oh and what do you know, the MC is doing that.

but okay call him a beta if it makes you feel better.
He's not trying to do anything. That's the problem. Nothing he does is out of his own initiative. Even when it came to the confrontation with the queen. He stood there, got talked at, then got saved by an outside Deus ex Machina. No actions he actually took contributed to the situation. The only reason anything happens is because the story wants it to happen, not anything he actually does in a logical progression. Same with the sex scenes. Nothing he does initiates them, even though him having sex or everybody will be killed is the entire premise of the plot. All he does is stand around until the women drop their pants for him and hop on his johnson with no indication why anyone, especially any woman, would actually be attracted to him other than he's the only dick in town.

He literally states outright that his philosophy in life is "don't worry, it will sort itself out".

The only reason he gets "results" is because the story wants those things to happen. Not because he does anything to get them. Look at Rachel and the trial. He did nothing in that whole bit. That was almost entirely Anne's doing. Even afterwards she's actually the one keeping Rachel happy with BDSM. He's not doing anything, he's just there to get the rewards.

Last edited:

krapsp3044

Aug 10, 2020
Version 42 Update would not continue with Version 41 Error could not find
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in script
    python hide:
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 28, in <module>
    python hide:
  File "renpy/common/_layout/screen_main_menu.rpym", line 35, in _execute_python_hide
    ui.interact()
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 4258, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1175, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\transition.py", line 53, in event
    return self.new_widget.event(ev, x, y, st) # E1101
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1175, in event
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 743, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1399, in event
    rv = super(Window, self).event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 279, in event
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1073, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 1008, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 329, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 463, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 769, in load
    log.unfreeze(roots, label="_after_load")
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 1078, in unfreeze
    self.rollback(0, force=True, label=label, greedy=greedy, on_load=True)
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 889, in rollback
    self.load_failed()
  File "C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\Games\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\InForAPenny-0.42-pc\renpy\rollback.py", line 807, in load_failed
    raise Exception("Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?")
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.0.3.22090809
In For A Penny 0.42
Sun Jul 23 09:31:50 2023

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
I never said it was Wills747's fault,
I just told him that the descriptions are missing in the "day select". Indeed, I thank him immensely for giving me the opportunity to play it.

As for the other problem, if the old updates keep working, and suddenly it stops it is something due to the dev and not to Joiplay. To say he doesn't try to develop a game for Joiplay is nonsense (it's a simulator after all), no developer does, but the others work, with rare exceptions.
For example Maou-Sama stopped working from the third episode, and DIT from the third update, so it's something that Neko-Hime does that is not standardized with the others
Instead as regards PF I have to use an old non-Patreon version to play, and in this case it seems to me something attributable to Joiplay, as if they wanted to boycott it.
My point is that, if it works on the PC, the dev has done their job. No longer working on JoiPlay would indeed be due to a change made by the dev, but it would not necessarily be a bug. It could simply be something that JoiPlay does not yet cope with, like a new/updated library. Reporting to JoiPlay would allow its devs to add that to their to-do list.

Reporting here or to Moist Sponge is not a bad thing, and I'm sorry if I made it sound like it was; one does need to confirm that the problem is unique to JoiPlay before reporting it to them.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Why can't I upload saves from v4.0?
If you mean use saves from 0.40 in the game, the changelog states that saves were unexpectedly broken in 0.42. Dev is looking into it. Another poster indicates that it seems to be caused by a "new" variable, and recommends adding several other variables apparently not currently in use.

Best solution for now seems to be using the Day Select feature, and starting from day 17.

Crimson Fire

Mar 12, 2022
You and the women on the ship are the last of your species. To survive, you have to make intergalactic apex species happy on a show. Does MC take control over the situation? Does MC take charge of the operation to save his people? does he make intelligent decision to figure out what makes aliens tick while working on side lines with 'gods' to figure out how come out on top? no what he does is while and avoid making any hard choices while being completely clueless. MC is not a man of action taking control of his life and fate. MC is a man of plot armor, he walks around and things happen.
Did we play the same game?

He befriends the gods whom many hate each other but don't hate him that is not an easy feat and those gods were watching him to see if he was going to abuse the women which he did not.

He defeats a cult that is run by a god, saved the mayor's daughter and secure the political support of the "town." In so doing he also secure the loyalty of one of the gods.

This isn't taking control of the situation this isn't being proactive?

He neutralizes the therapist who was turning people against him. What are you going to argue that it was the women that did that? Okay yes but they only did this out of loyalty to him because of how he treats people around him.

He isn't getting to know his enemies? Oh i am pretty sure infiltrating Red & Blue is EXACTLY that and getting them on side is the exact results you want from an alpha character.

He is literally doing everything you say he should be doing. What he isn't doing, since he is ALWAYS being observed by the apex aliens, you know the people watching the f'en show? Is tipping his hand and drawing attention to his actions beyond. Use of hard power gets notice use of soft power goes under the radar and gets results. What did you forget he is almost constantly observed? Did you think he should make it obvious to low comprehension readers that his actions are not bumbling luck but actual actions you have to take when under constant surveillance. If you want to get free.

I swear you the "MC is cuck/beta" crowd don't actually read the story. maybe it is a language barrier. I just find it funny that for every group in the town the MC has weaken that group if it opposed him and strengthened his own. He has taken groups that don't oppose him and allied with key members by treating people decently and not using the power he has to demand sex with the residence. That is an ALPHA move in this situation. It makes the women against him lose credibility and thus influence by not asserting hard power, but in turn he cultivates his soft power. The women against him can't muster much support because by cultivating soft power he takes away the leverage that would have been used against him. Instead he frustrates his enemies and forces them to use hard power against him exposing them as the danger to the community not the MC.

Seriously did you understand what he was doing to Rose's power base? Did you not understand how soft power gave them no avenue of attack and why their trial failed?

Now i will say the ship thing is too much of a deus ex machina plot device.

Do people understand what soft power and hard power are? Do you know that when you can't act unobserved that hard power is very easy to counter but soft power isn't. How can you not get why he is being low key.

I've said my peace i am not going to convince you so there is no point arguing over it.

Reactions: jotboy and 44Tom

Evuhl669

May 2, 2022
I like this game its quite fun.. but please check spellings and fix thoose and fix it so right name shows when right person speaks i noticed alot of that since im pplaying from the start again since save didnt work.. ( not bothered by that )

please keep up the good work

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
Hi,
This is a .rpy file when put into the games folder will fix all the spelling mistakes I have found.
It cannot fix the problem where the wrong characters are speaking as that is a coding fault.
That can only be repaired by the Dev.

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
Hi,
This is a .rpy file when put into the games folder will fix all the spelling mistakes I have found.
It cannot fix the problem where the wrong characters are speaking as that is a coding fault.
That can only be repaired by the Dev.
I realize you are trying to be helpful, and I'm sure the dev team would appreciate your assistance.

However, it can be a very bad idea to suggest that end users add your fixes to their game. If the user replaces all files when an update happens, your fixes will be gone. Potentially worse, if your files remain, but the dev has made changes that impact your fixes, then they could cause the game to be broken for those users.

Your best bet is to send these suggested fixes to the dev, or to offer to assist with proofreading/editing. Moist Sponge owns the OP here, you can DM him with this info.

DavidCF

Aug 10, 2020
I realize you are trying to be helpful, and I'm sure the dev team would appreciate your assistance.

However, it can be a very bad idea to suggest that end users add your fixes to their game. If the user replaces all files when an update happens, your fixes will be gone. Potentially worse, if your files remain, but the dev has made changes that impact your fixes, then they could cause the game to be broken for those users.

Your best bet is to send these suggested fixes to the dev, or to offer to assist with proofreading/editing. Moist Sponge owns the OP here, you can DM him with this info.
Hi, All I was trying to do was make the saves future proof nothing else, so we do not always have to start from the beginning again.
If a user uses my code and makes a save, it will always work as long as the dev does not add a character that is not already commented out.
My code is only used once.
After this everyone will use the release from the dev.

Last edited:

Evuhl669

May 2, 2022
wish i could have actually thought of writing down all the typo's i have seen and keep seeing still .. i mean you see words that are misspelled but somehow still read them right so you kind just go on with the show so to say....

3.50 star(s) 56 Votes