VN Ren'Py In Her Service [v0.55] [Blue Factory Games]

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Updated tags to better encompass what this game is now and will be in future.

That being said I am not happy with one word descriptions as they don't really give you imho idea. I think i will have to redo plot summary as it makes it seen to much as slavery game than romance/swinging which is imho main theme of game.

Reactions: Saint Blackmoor

Frankbob

Dec 25, 2021
Future tags look great! The story is intresting. I hope the dev has a thick skin tho.... :)

Last edited:

KingRocket

Jan 18, 2020
Hmm, I can get behind the story concept.
But one question: Why is the optional NTR tag is listed as "Type A/B"?
I can see you want one kind for a few select scenes, but why not tell us which are which? Because this is the one tag people get worked up the most, so I just think it probably need clarification.

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
I can see you want one kind for a few select scenes, but why not tell us which are which? Because this is the one tag people get worked up the most, so I just think it probably need clarification.
..he might be using the vndb definitions......maybe...
1708571242190.png
1708571253352.png

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
Type A because main theme of game is romance/swinging game and difference between swinging and Type A netorare is really thin. I do plan to include Type A netorare as this is C&C game and I think actions of player considering who he cares/don't care about in relation to people who also have feelings toward him is important and it is not illogical to think that character you ignore and don't care about will find someone else.

Type B because of one event in game toward end of game that also has to do with C&C. It works like a "crisis situation" and it is hard to talk about it without spoiling much. So I just honestly state that something that can be considered Type B can happen in story even if it is one time stuff.

edit: Ok guys, It is 4 A.M here and I need to sleep. Work tomorrow and after work I will make update on future plans for game content, updates and so on.

Last edited:

Stanko206

Jul 29, 2021
For starters looks very good and promising, I would definitely see male characters reworked, so they dont look like bulls on steroids mixed with hulk, you overdid them and this look bad imo.

R1k0

Sep 27, 2017
I'm wondering where the developer got those old character models, it looks like a game from the past. Honestly, I don't even know why I tried it, it's not my type, but maybe daughter baited me in with her look, but there's nothing with her and probably never will be. Seeing the word slavery you expect something dark or at least a dominance/submission relationship but there is nothing like that, change slave to employed worker or servant nothing changes in the story so why make up this complicated slavery story? We have a story about a man who is attracted to mistress who bought (hired) him, and he cheats on his girlfriend with her. NTR, sharing that the developer writes about above is not present at this stage and I don't see where they will come from with this set of characters.

Reactions: ben_sylar

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
For starters looks very good and promising, I would definitely see male characters reworked, so they don't look like bulls on steroids mixed with hulk, you overdid them and this look bad imo.
Thanks for criticism.

You are talking mostly about Henry I think.

He is serving in the military as literally a knight. It is a modern-day setting, but knighthood still requires rigorous training from childhood and lifelong active military service, along with the requirement of putting one's life on the line in case of war. The game takes place during a time when the kingdom is at war. The conflict occurs on the other side of the kingdom, and Henry's brother is serving there as mentioned in the game. According to nobility law, only one son can serve in the war at the same time from each house, and Henry served before the events of the game. His brother has recently taken his place. Once his brother returns to the house, Henry will go back to war. This pattern continues until the war is over.

The initial idea behind Henry was to create a negative impression on the player at first. The "dumb big musclehead" stereotype fits this purpose well. However, it is later revealed that this is not who he truly is. As the story unfolds, the player will learn more about Henry's true character. Unfortunately, revealing more information would spoil the game.

Initially, I experimented with a leaner guy (similar to Jack) with a different background, but I couldn't properly place him in the role and it didn't mesh well with Talia. When I began writing the lore for the game world, having Henry as "friend" of Talia instead of her husband worked much better and allowed me to explore more about world events through his perspective. As a result, he became a knight in active service and needed a more muscular appearance.

As I delved deeper into developing his character, I realized that the big guy body suited his character well with his character and couldn't change back to my initial plan. Meanwhile, Jack initially had a less attractive appearance but underwent a transformation to be leaner and more handsome, which was influenced by feedback from female member of a VAM forum who suggested that having an attractive protagonist would be important for her enjoyment of the game (if the protagonist wasn't female). This decision also had an impact on the dynamics between Talia and Jack in the story as if you played game you realize that Talia finds Jack handsome. That female member shown me what she finds "hot" and I later on contacted for his blessing to use of his character in my game with some modifications.

I'm wondering where the developer got those old character models, it looks like a game from the past. Honestly, I don't even know why I tried it, it's not my type, but maybe daughter baited me in with her look, but there's nothing with her and probably never will be. Seeing the word slavery you expect something dark or at least a dominance/submission relationship but there is nothing like that, change slave to employed worker or servant nothing changes in the story so why make up this complicated slavery story? We have a story about a man who is attracted to mistress who bought (hired) him, and he cheats on his girlfriend with her. NTR, sharing that the developer writes about above is not present at this stage and I don't see where they will come from with this set of characters.
Thanks for input. I thought about removing slavery from premise (but still leaving it on in game) but I think that would be misleading. The complicated premise comes from my experiments in writing romance/swapping story. The slavery aspect gives interesting dynamic between characters vs just two normal couples and that was the reason why it was created in such way. The other dynamic was clash between more conservative commoners and high society that is more open about relationships (which actually comes from our own world history). So while this won't be abuse story, slavery on technical level has impact on relationship between characters that better grounds them in story and shape their behaviors.

As for NTR, Sharing etc. Naturally they will come later on. Prologue people can play is essentially long setup to story so that player can understand relationships between characters and their personalities. I believe longer setups have ability to better connect players to characters.

The look of the game is result of it being natively VAM game (VR game) that i converted to RenPy. I planned to make whole VN in VAM but VAM 1.x is just not suited to create VNs with whole host of issues ranging from poor performance to lack of text engine. Just to give an example. Initial scene with 3 characters and couple of lights makes my RTX3090 run it at 20ish fps in VR. I really hope VAM2.x will solve those issues and my next game (already in plans, way more ambitious) can be done in VAM2.x. That rendering choice has negatives (no raytracing which means worse lighting) but also has benefits (I can share VR scenes from game for people to see scene not just as 2D but being in room with characters) and way easier animation which means I plan most of erotic content to be animated.

Last edited:

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
Type A because main theme of game is romance/swinging game and difference between swinging and Type A netorare is really thin. I do plan to include Type A netorare as this is C&C game and I think actions of player considering who he cares/don't care about in relation to people who also have feelings toward him is important and it is not illogical to think that character you ignore and don't care about will find someone else.
So is swinging and ntr (with the characters you care about) avoidable or not ?
Romace story is nice, but swinging and ntr are really not my thing.

perkel666

Game Developer
Jun 25, 2019
So is swinging and ntr (with the characters you care about) avoidable or not ?
Romace story is nice, but swinging and ntr are really not my thing.
If swinging is not your thing then definitely this won't be game for you. I do plan non swinging path down the line but it would be wrong to say game main theme isn't about romance/swinging but purely romance.

NTR will be definitely avoidable.

Badboll

Aug 29, 2017
Since it's planned I suggest adding Netorare to the tags now. It's better to be safe so the people who do not like it know it's gonna be there. Either way I think the game looks cool! People have problems with clicking boxes are reading, it's their own fault ofc, but yeah.

Reactions: AL.d

Kukipett

Feb 2, 2021
Well that was really disapointing and ridiculous, very cheap game, using the fact that they are slaves just to catch some idiots because they are not behaving like slaves but like usual house staff.
And now we are going the way of the annoying cheating/sharing story with almost nothing to see but a guy listening to people in the dark who doesn't even have a normal relation with his supposed ghirlfriend.
There is no cheating if there is no serious relationship, well this game is made for old grannies who have a fantasy about a handsome butler.

Chloe75hot

Sep 3, 2022

Overview:
In a world where nobility possess the power to purchase and own human beings, Sylvia and Jack, a couple deeply in love, stand before the doors to the Talia Godroy mansion. The doors before them represent not only their new home but also an uncertain future as the new property of their enigmatic mistress.
Story about relationship between four main characters. Main theme romance/swinging.​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-22
Release Date: 2024-02-20
Developer: Blue Factory Games
Censored: No
Version: 0.39
Language: English
Genre: Visual Novel
Tags (current):
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Tags (planned):

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD
Android: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN - WORKUPLOAD

View attachment 3375728 View attachment 3375726 View attachment 3375729 View attachment 3375727 View attachment 3375731 View attachment 3375736 View attachment 3375732 View attachment 3375735 View attachment 3375734 View attachment 3375733 View attachment 3375740 View attachment 3375739 View attachment 3375738 View attachment 3375737
Someone know the name of this style of graphic ?

3.70 star(s) 11 Votes