infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Another one that would be amazing with animated scenes.
I absolutely agree. It's purely a cost thing. That said, we have Project Syndicate set in the same universe that has been cooking for a while. Different art style, different story, same universe, and it will have animated scenes. Project Syndicate is also more smut focused than Infinite Stars. (I like think the characters are still well rounded and that the story is decent, but it probably won't be as structured and paced like Infinite Stars.

bitsybobs3

Ultimate Torrent Dude
Donor
Jun 13, 2021
I mean, I can't stop people from Pirating the latest latest version and sharing it here, but I prefer uploading the pirate version myself, and I usually keep it one or two releases behind the latest version so my actual Patrons who support the development doesn't feel cheated.

Again, I can't stop you, but maybe just keep that in mind in future? <3
We literally just use the links from the OP - we're never the source :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: infinitestarsdev

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016
I usually keep it one or two releases behind the latest version so my actual Patrons who support the development doesn't feel cheated.
saw steam link, is the steam release up to date then?, i dont mind buying the game if it gives current update content.

Feb 12, 2020
No kissing squids YET. ALthough, funny you should ask, because we are busy writing the introduction to those scenes, and the new content has laid the foundation to make the introduction possible.

Thanks for the compliment. Infinite Stars isn't an erotic story, it's a (great?) story with erotic content, which is probably why it's safe to pay attention to the story! <3
I'm embarrassed having asked about Steam when it's literally linked on the front page of the thread, Jesus.

In my defense, I tried to search it up via Steam's search but the game didn't show up because it tripped a blocked tag for me.

• Haha
Reactions: infinitestarsdev

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
saw steam link, is the steam release up to date then?, i dont mind buying the game if it gives current update content.
So Steam and Itch always have the latest free public version, and the download link on Patreon has the latest LATEST version with adult content. In this case, the new release isn't on Steam or itch as it was mostly nsfw content being added. We're planning one more nsfw content drop in the next month or two, before a big, public update that continues the main story around September. (If all goes according to plan! Please don't hold me to the date!)

Once we finish with Season 1 (Did you know the game is already longer then Lord of the Rings - Two Towers!?) we'll probably have a paid DLC with all the adult content for non-patrons while we continue with Season 2, but that's still a while off.

Reactions: Kalad1 and anonwk3
Aug 15, 2020
Fire game loved every second of it. Def can tell it has a feminine focus bc of the writing. i just be playing it and seeing some of these scenes laughing and thinking bro imagine seein my 6ft black dude self actin with some of these conversation choices. Kiara is best girl btw had to add that.

Thedude715

Nov 6, 2017
I liked the game feels pretty star trek, but I just wanted to say that it ended veeery abruptly casual scene then boom credit scroll with no warning lol.

monk_56

Apr 26, 2021
Fire game loved every second of it. Def can tell it has a feminine focus bc of the writing. i just be playing it and seeing some of these scenes laughing and thinking bro imagine seein my 6ft black dude self actin with some of these conversation choices. Kiara is best girl btw had to add that.
For real. I haven't played in over a year b/c of how little MMC x F content there was, but back in the day when I tried to build out my character as a manly man and it really didn't work- he often made of comments that would be very suitable in a girly romance novel like men "towering" over him or how the other character could "break-him. But wouldn't b/c they are too gentle or w/e"

It is a great title- but there are definitely parts that are poorly written if you are trying to play as a certain archetype.

snowman44

Jul 10, 2017
I think the adult content option should be made more obvious than it is, unless I've missed a prompt somewhere whilst blindly clicking like a madman.

Snafu

Jul 21, 2017
I think the adult content option should be made more obvious than it is, unless I've missed a prompt somewhere whilst blindly clicking like a madman.
Make sure you didn't forget to turn on the adult options on your first playthough like I did!

• Wow
Reactions: GokutheG

Azeroth67000

May 15, 2018
I got this error by choosing one of the avatars given in the game, I don't know if it only affects this one or others ( apparently not all). So I'm reporting the error just in case, as I seem to get the same error no matter which host I choose to download the game, and even after cleaning all the files and reinstalling several times.
I don't know whether it's a script/code error or whether the file (the image) is simply missing from the version of the game provided by mistake/omission.

Besides that, is it just me, or has the glossary that gave info on the game's lore disappeared ?

Last edited:

Sum Gi

Nov 10, 2017
I somehow fell into roleplaying an irritated bitch and romanced no one cuz it seemed out of character. Goddamit.

I absolutely agree. It's purely a cost thing. That said, we have Project Syndicate set in the same universe that has been cooking for a while. Different art style, different story, same universe, and it will have animated scenes. Project Syndicate is also more smut focused than Infinite Stars. (I like think the characters are still well rounded and that the story is decent, but it probably won't be as structured and paced like Infinite Stars.
Honestly, animated scenes are overrated. Amazing if executed well, but frankly inferior to still images if they end up stiff or choppy. Unless you have someone who can create them efficiently, IMO it's simply not worth the dev resources that could be better spent elsewhere, though that can depend on animation method and where your other development bottlenecks are.

That said this is only my assessment and others on this site seem much more gung ho about them so it could be worth it as a selling point to draw more people to the project.

Edit: I'd like to add that if you want animated scenes to be hot then SPEED and ENERGY are key! You don't want characters limply, statically sawing in and out of each other at a snail's pace. Even if you prefer slow sex irl, effectively communicating arousal through a medium that doesn't involve physical sensation requires a degree of exaggeration or intensity.

Last edited:
3.90 star(s) 12 Votes