slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
Infinite Stars is a utopian science fiction visual novel about a united humanity exploring the universe and all its mysteries and wonders.. It is meant to give humanity hope in the current time of fear and uncertainty.
::Sigh:: So this is going to be another case of Star Trek Syndrome then? Where they put on airs and run off at the mouth about having more evolved sensibilities while demonstrably being no better than people of the 21st century? And just when Star Trek itself has finally grown up too...

Bleh, I'll give it a try.

MonkeyZero

Nov 6, 2017
Huh... Matrix, Expance, Trek here is a interesting start with that edgy gray area morals jaded outlook constrast by the more emotional free spirited space hippy nerd that went to war.

I get it from a component based look at it. Some of it was a little over the top, didn't the cat's owner really need to that? but you are set up a pawn in a much larger game wrinkle and like a moth to flame, I'll give you my attention and keep an eye on this one.

I liked the first matrix. Trek is cool but as a very very basic foundational structure. The Expanse books and show are pretty cool for hard sci-fi junkies, like myself.

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
::Sigh:: So this is going to be another case of Star Trek Syndrome then? Where they put on airs and run off at the mouth about having more evolved sensibilities while demonstrably being no better than people of the 21st century? And just when Star Trek itself has finally grown up too...

Bleh, I'll give it a try.
Well... I honestly gave it a chance. And three out of the five characters were borderline psychopaths. The squid woman in charge was definitely a psychopath with her moral justifications for putting all of humanity in harms way. I get it... the cat is infected or it's some shape shifting monster. And Big Caeph knowingly let humans spread it to other human worlds/stations. And told herself she's teaching harsh lessons. Psychopath. And the MC was willing to use a child as bait... smart or not it still takes some cold blood to do it. The not liking shows of emotion thing actually fits well with psychopathy as well.

Is it a bad game? No. It's quite good... so far. But... so far... it's only the blurb in the OP that's pretending these character belong to a society more enlightened than our own. ::shrug:: We'll see where it goes from here.

Jan 16, 2020
Ok a few reply for now

- you can choice the gender of main protagonist / narrator (but not sure if it's even a human)
- for the first 2 chapter you make a few choices for various human crew members, from the 3rd you play as the MC
- there are a human crew, a cat, a robot and contact with the Cthulhu like aliens
- the art is good but there is also a lot of text to read
- no sex or even nude content for now (as of ver. 1.0321.1022a)

All in al maybe a good game, but not one for fapping.

Last edited:

vultron

May 19, 2018
I'm not saying this makes the game or character bad but Mayvheen's perspective on war is some straight up none sense and then when being challenged on her bullshit about how the war really was and how she doesn't know wtf she is talking about because she was not there she suddenly wants to just change the subject. lmao

Mayvheen sounds like some hippy who should not even be in any sort of military at all.

vultron

May 19, 2018
Well... I honestly gave it a chance. And three out of the five characters were borderline psychopaths. The squid woman in charge was definitely a psychopath with her moral justifications for putting all of humanity in harms way. I get it... the cat is infected or it's some shape shifting monster. And Big Caeph knowingly let humans spread it to other human worlds/stations. And told herself she's teaching harsh lessons. Psychopath. And the MC was willing to use a child as bait... smart or not it still takes some cold blood to do it. The not liking shows of emotion thing actually fits well with psychopathy as well.

Is it a bad game? No. It's quite good... so far. But... so far... it's only the blurb in the OP that's pretending these character belong to a society more enlightened than our own. ::shrug:: We'll see where it goes from here.
To be fair the squid type species usually are psychos so that was kind of expected from them it is the Humans where it could be a problem.

walker188

Apr 30, 2017
Oh that, it's a special scene you can unlock in Mass Effect 2 after beating the game under certain requirements. Speaking of space operas, that was one of the best I've ever had the pleasure to play.
Man. What a different time we live in now. There's no way Bioware would ever make a scene like that now.

Soooooo is the nosex tag planned for the whole game or just the situation we have now?

Last edited:

majdaddin

Nov 29, 2019
Setting Text Speed and Transitions doesn't have any effect =( even though they're options. And I can't unren to fix it because of some missing libs or something in the unpackaged source. I want instant text and to get rid of the blinking ctc.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
Hey, thank you for all the kind words and reviews! <3
I'm a super self-conscious writer, with a dash of imposter-syndrome, and seeing that people (mostly) like my stuff helps me get through the day!

That said, let me try to answer some recurring questions!

The big one: NSFW content.
Not yet, but planned. Some of the scenes have been written more than a year ago and the development is finally catching up to a place where it can almost be implemented.

Will I be able to romance–
Yes. Everyone.
Everyone? Even–
Yes. (Unless you were thinking about the cat then no.) :p

I've gotten a few patrons from here which I'm grateful for, it really has helped speed up the development, but I've been hesitating to do any marketing on F95 because there isn't any NSFW content YET. Bear with me, I'm in this for the long haul.

infinitestarsdev

Game Developer
Jun 17, 2020
So I can't post any links until I have three posts. So here is post #3, soon to be followed by some dev updates.

3.90 star(s) 12 Votes