Unreal Engine Onhold Inheritance: Ladeina's Path SEASON 1 -UPDATED [v2023-12-06] [Kinky Lemur Games]

3.30 star(s) 7 Votes

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
More and more UE games have been popping up in this genre. I've tried quite a few and only a handful are great. Now I see this and thought I have to try this. I'm keeping my hopes up.

burryniceuser

Jul 23, 2017
I don't like the amount of promotional padding in the overview and dev notes, but gonna watch this one still, might be worthwhile in the future
I noticed with H games you usually can't glean anything useful about the game from the blurbs the devs write to promote them. There's a couple reddit subs where people promote their games and usually you can't even tell what genre the gameplay is from their posts.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I noticed with H games you usually can't glean anything useful about the game from the blurbs the devs write to promote them. There's a couple reddit subs where people promote their games and usually you can't even tell what genre the gameplay is from their posts.
Same thing with movie descriptions. It's pretty much impossible to make something sound unique in a single paragraph unless you're specifically going for something absurd just to stand out.

A red flag for me is when devs start spouting off popular games as inspirations in the description though. Keep that shit to yourselves. You ever seen large companies do that? There's a reason they don't, setting absurd expectations isn't wise. That's especially true for amateur devs that have no way to create anything close to similar to a AAA game. I instantly distrust these devs for naming Skyrim and Witcher. Everybody loves those games, it's not all that unique for any fan of RPGs. There's no need to name drop except to try to manipulate people.

In short: Talk in cheap, prove you can make a good game.

Nastyggg

Aug 9, 2020
Is the sex going to be mid combat or shitty choose your scene after completing a level/gameover.

zilirin

Aug 19, 2018
Name dropping right off the bat, (overly) ambitious scope and Unreal Engine. Tons of warning sirens going off immediately. There's a very high probability that this will go nowhere.

"Real" games like these have huge developer teams for a reason. That being said, there are a few examples of something like this kind of working, so one can give a newbie dev the benefit of the doubt - for now. Will check in a few months if there is some actual movement here, or if it's just another case of delusions of grandeur.

Reactions: ViviX12

ForgottenTreasure

Apr 10, 2018
After playing like 8 mins? I have something to say.
First of all, the game looks kinda promising and has good character models.
About combat, sadly it's missing too much. You can roll(maybe dodge?) forward, and backward but not sideway (what the heck?!). The hitbox is terrible, swing my sword like a maniac but a few of them hit the enemy although they standing right before my face. The weapon moveset is limited, unarmed moveset has quite a lot of animation however those are just for decoration cause they hardly do any damage to the enemy.
Lastly, no adult content for now. Looks like waiting is my only option here.

Reactions: OuterACG

burryniceuser

Jul 23, 2017
Same thing with movie descriptions. It's pretty much impossible to make something sound unique in a single paragraph unless you're specifically going for something absurd just to stand out.
Movies don't have gameplay while games can tell you all about their story without telling you that it's a VN for example.

etool

Jun 14, 2021
this has potential, still early to make a real judgement

looking forward to further development

glad it is on UE ...... unity (if not highly optimized) makes my cooling fans scream

Reactions: kinkylemurgames

Bokka117

Nov 14, 2020
Gonna give a test drive, looks like succubus but toned-down gore so you can actually see what's going on in the screen. graphics look like wildlife

Reactions: kinkylemurgames
3.30 star(s) 7 Votes