Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
I didn't test this update (1.6) so much because I was so dissapointed. Even if it was true (changelog), I don't think that they brought enough content for one year charging more than 2K with team bigger than 2 people. That's just work of 1 guy in 2 months.

Reactions: Umgah and botc76

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
IW has to be viewed as a teaser/introduction to their version of the gameworld, it is a wall of text but it does seem like they actually fleshed out the world.
In terms of content its absolutely a let down since I think most of us had expected at least some gameplay, and not just a huge wall of text (be it good/important or not).

When it comes to WT 1.6 Im having a real hard time seeing what has changed or been fixed, Ive found some added pictures that pop up during certain sex scenes with Hermi but tbh they are fairly shit and dont fit the overall style.
The Daphne section of the game does really seem to have been expanded and just given an abrupt end, since part of the late game conversations arent translated its kinda hard to figure out really.
The newspaper part doesnt seem to have been expanded either since one of the first stories you're suposed to be able to send Hermi on, still says 'this isnt here yet, wait for update' which is taking a piss since they wont update futher on 1.6.

I can accept the IW as what it is, but having a quick rehash of their previous WT version branded as a new release is pissing me off greatly.

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I can accept the IW as what it is, but having a quick rehash of their previous WT version branded as a new release is pissing me off greatly.
It's pissing everyone off :mad::mad::mad:

Reactions: botc76

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Reports a trojan in the exe for me. archive.rpa is the same size as .1
False flags. This has happened with some creators lately I think it has to do with some of the programs used with .png images or something like that. I cant remember the games names but at least 2 have had this problems and had to be updated by the creators due to the same problem so it's a false flag. :)

Reactions: Daphne Gaunt

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
For 1.6 I'm confused with what's in the changelog. It looks none of it is there.
I played through everything and yeah nothing new i could see, The Daphne ending is abrupt as others here have said and there is no good content for her, the part of the ending that actually explains this is in Russian... so yeah, no clue why she keeps saying "well talk later" and leaving the room whenever i try to summon her, nothing for her is re-playable once you finish a takes you cant go back and try other options. I didn't even bother buying the dress and going through the whole ball scene this time around. As far as I could tell they just cleaned up the code and fixed some bugs. Just a warning there is one new bug, If you give Hermione and Daphne a task in the same day Daphnes will be lost, also if you give Daphne a task then order something from the oddities catalog you will also lose the current task for Daphne. So whenever doing a Daphne task just do nothing all day lol. Here are my saves for anyone who doesn't feel like grinding and just wants to hop around the timeline.

Edit: fixed link sorry about that.

Last edited:

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I played through everything and yeah nothing new i could see, The Daphne ending is abrupt as others here have said and there is no good content for her, the part of the ending that actually explains this is in Russian... so yeah, no clue why she keeps saying "well talk later" and leaving the room whenever i try to summon her, nothing for her is re-playable once you finish a takes you cant go back and try other options. I didn't even bother buying the dress and going through the whole ball scene this time around. As far as I could tell they just cleaned up the code and fixed some bugs. Just a warning there is one new bug, If you give Hermione and Daphne a task in the same day Daphnes will be lost, also if you give Daphne a task then order something from the oddities catalog you will also lose the current task for Daphne. So whenever doing a Daphne task just do nothing all day lol. Here are my saves for anyone who doesn't feel like grinding and just wants to hop around the timeline.

In regards to content for (or the lack thereof) I do agree, it does seem like absolutely nothing was added and its a pure cosmetic fix. Guess we'll have to keep up hoping for the Silver Edition (which gets some tiny progress every few months or so) or hell even the 4 Houses mod for WT (which has been talked about for 1-2 years now ?).

PS, your mega link lacks the encryption key ;)

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
In regards to content for (or the lack thereof) I do agree, it does seem like absolutely nothing was added and its a pure cosmetic fix. Guess we'll have to keep up hoping for the Silver Edition (which gets some tiny progress every few months or so) or hell even the 4 Houses mod for WT (which has been talked about for 1-2 years now ?).

WT Silver sucks tbh, it's filled with bugs and every new version that comes out 0 bug fixes are made to the original bugs. :(

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016

Yeah I don't think adding anything was the plan for that version, I think sadcrab just wanted to finish it off so he could move on to his own version of the game. He did say that 1.6 was the last version ever of WT with the exclusion of bugfixes. (like that bit of russian at the end lol)

And thanks, I fixed the link.

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
"finish it off" normally (or at least in my book) means to finish whatever is broken and/or missing in the previous version, and a purely minor bugfixes/cosmetic release seems like a poor choice (considering how hyped both 1.6 and IW was/are),

I dont mind IW being a pure introduction teaser that was kinda expected (alltho everyone had hoped for more), but "finishing" 1.6 this way leaves a very very sour taste in my mouth (not to mention the bad press it gives coupled with the overhype of IW initial release).

btw do you know what was changed in the new IW release (the one @VIKKKI. linked) ? :)

NetZero

Aug 9, 2016
"finish it off" normally (or at least in my book) means to finish whatever is broken and/or missing in the previous version, and a purely minor bugfixes/cosmetic release seems like a poor choice (considering how hyped both 1.6 and IW was/are),

I dont mind IW being a pure introduction teaser that was kinda expected (alltho everyone had hoped for more), but "finishing" 1.6 this way leaves a very very sour taste in my mouth (not to mention the bad press it gives coupled with the overhype of IW initial release).

btw do you know what was changed in the new IW release (the one @VIKKKI. linked) ? :)

ehh the hype wasn't made by sadcrab, it was our own desire for the update to be expansive that created it. Sadcrab basically mentioned he was going to finalize the work he did on 1.5.2 with 1.6 before he went full bore on his version. That's the one that is going to grow, 1.6 is what it is and unless another modder picks it up it's going to stay that way. And naa no idea whats changed in .02, personally i'm going to hold off on this one until its further along. It's too disappointing playing every little tiny update haha. I'd rather give myself something to look forward to and play it when it has some actual sex in it ;)

wynin

Trainer of Witches
Respected User
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
ehh the hype wasn't made by sadcrab, it was our own desire for the update to be expansive that created it. Sadcrab basically mentioned he was going to finalize the work he did on 1.5.2 with 1.6 before he went full bore on his version. That's the one that is going to grow, 1.6 is what it is and unless another modder picks it up it's going to stay that way. And naa no idea whats changed in .02, personally i'm going to hold off on this one until its further along. It's too disappointing playing every little tiny update haha. I'd rather give myself something to look forward to and play it when it has some actual sex in it ;)
I actually took time to finish the game now and while they can claim to have "finished their work", doesnt change the fact that the game still is stock full of unfinished features. Not to mention that the current version adds even more of a cliffhanger than ever before, having you (Genie) take the bird, Daphne and even Hermi back with you when you leave. I mean wtf? The amount of time passed between 1.5.2 and 1.6 absolutely doesnt justify the lack of finished content (the added pictures are subpar at best), their next release of IW better be damn awesome or we'll have a 'Breeding Season/Cloud Meadow' hate train (without the insane funds) starting to build around the web.

tl:dr WT 1.6 was a waste of digital space.

Mr.Qaywesdxc

Aug 5, 2016
wynin got the point

Well they took about one year to finish some bugs and let almost all things they made in this unfinished? The game (1.6) is not worth playing because nothing changed since 1.5.2

I know they moved to another game but it is no excuse IMHO.

If I was their patron I would have been really pissed.

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
is this only in russian ?
or is there a way to change the language?
Enter the game skip all the things that appear in russian and when you're in the menu on the wall on the right side there is an option that says english (not a button highlighted like others... more like a watermark)

Reactions: ting90
3.00 star(s) 319 Votes