fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
It doesn't mention in the walkthrough where to get more.
I might've missed something - would be a shame if I lost all this progress and skipped that part.
Do you know of any requirements?
No I really do not remember. I played from a save thru a1c5 for this update and marcus was where I got them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope this works for you

ILikeThat

Jul 22, 2017
No I really do not remember. I played from a save thru a1c5 for this update and marcus was where I got them.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hope this works for you

Damn, that was ages ago. These options don't reappear do they? Because I can still get the apparition potion.
Would falling asleep at my desk help?
Also, any luck with the glove? It doesn't appear as an option for Filch.
Currently on the end-part of Chapter 4 of Act I.

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
JoeBanks MASTER POST on patreon is showing new 0.6A release date 3 months from now.
Why is the release time shifting again to three months now, it was 1 month for a long time, than last iteration 2 months now 3 months.
As a small supporter, am I expected to wait util new year if enough for a new 0.6F version?

I am sure you guys answered questions about this on discord, but since I don't use that I am asking here.
Our artist was not happy with the Susan scene and he gave the amount of time it took him to get happy with the Luna scene. So a simple discussion, we either produce another version without a sex scene and break promises or we give our artist the time he says it will take.

Unfortunately, this is one of those non-starter situations, he's a great artist, great at his work and if we have to suffer waiting because of his desire to make a really good scene, then it is what it is.

I wish I had a good argument against his desire to make it a good scene, but I do not. As well, the next release is for the 20 dollar patrons who have always overwhelmingly voted to wait for quality.

Reactions: Zirael Q and fakk2

George_Nos

May 29, 2019
Our artist was not happy with the Susan scene and he gave the amount of time it took him to get happy with the Luna scene. So a simple discussion, we either produce another version without a sex scene and break promises or we give our artist the time he says it will take.

Unfortunately, this is one of those non-starter situations, he's a great artist, great at his work and if we have to suffer waiting because of his desire to make a really good scene, then it is what it is.

I wish I had a good argument against his desire to make it a good scene, but I do not. As well, the next release is for the 20 dollar patrons who have always overwhelmingly voted to wait for quality.
So you either breaking promises or breaking promises. Good to know.
The game will take 5+ years to finish.
Pretty clear which patreon I should skip.

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
JoeBanks, why don't you do an intermediate release where you work on some of the earlier walls of text? I know it's in the plans for much later but it you have time waiting for artwork, that bit of recoding could get started.

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
JoeBanks, why don't you do an intermediate release where you work on some of the earlier walls of text? I know it's in the plans for much later but it you have time waiting for artwork, that bit of recoding could get started.
So this isn't a terrible idea, there are people, and I hope I am right in assuming this, that play our game for more than sex (if you don't I have no clue why you continue on). For them, I have thought how to breach this divide. Sure, I can make another release between here and there and players are happier, but are supporters?

What happens next is additional stress on the team, they don't like the short cycles, we are at each other's throats. I wish the simple answer was, "Yeah, we could do that.", but long term, I don't think for the team as a whole it's a good idea to induce this stress.

From a player perspective, I truly get it, fuck off, more sex, make it simpler... wtf?! But from ours, it's not the same goal and maybe we are wrong for that, but I do want to be able to finish the game if it takes, say five years as noted above. To do that, you don't want people to hate each other. It's really easy to become a toxic dev team that can't work together, trust me.

Lastly, I will talk about it more with the team, doing an FT (field test) release during interim phases, but there's a lot of reasons not to as well, it's a hard sell.

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017

Thank you for your candidness, but ultimately I believe this is a mistake. Artists of course always try to do the perfect art, and it is job of others, let say "managers" to ultimately say it's good enough, so it does not take forever.
Ok so you are doing one big scene, fine, but you are not doing that only thing. I am sure you will do other story lines or smaller quests, why not include at least something every month.

I am perplexed about this game, on one hand beautiful art, on the other StarCitizen level of development times on 2d game.

Reactions: mrcachalote

yesz

Jul 11, 2019
I cant use the apparition potion on the abandoned wing, and theres no clue on what the marauder mix is for snape's drinking game

JoeBanks

Game Developer
May 5, 2018
Thank you for your candidness, but ultimately I believe this is a mistake. Artists of course always try to do the perfect art, and it is job of others, let say "managers" to ultimately say it's good enough, so it does not take forever.
Ok so you are doing one big scene, fine, but you are not doing that only thing. I am sure you will do other story lines or smaller quests, why not include at least something every month.

I am perplexed about this game, on one hand beautiful art, on the other StarCitizen level of development times on 2d game.
I don't disagree, but what's your alternative solution for members on a team that are capable of just walking? It's ironic, because everyone thinks there's finite control, but at this level on an indie game, no one has to do it, we can all walk at any time and the game ends.

zPope

Oct 23, 2017
What should I do when I already have the magiroid 3000 ?, I choose the Waifu but no option appears

fakk2

Donor
May 30, 2017
I don't disagree, but what's your alternative solution for members on a team that are capable of just walking? It's ironic, because everyone thinks there's finite control, but at this level on an indie game, no one has to do it, we can all walk at any time and the game ends.
Well there is always a fine line between keeping the patreons vs developers happy. However this project is supported by patreons and not everybody will be happy with changes in development times. And if the patrons decrease, means less money, and some team members will also probably leave or be let go of.

My suggestion would be, if you have big scenes planned, that take long time like 3 months, keep developing them and tease them to patreons. Also think what is the bottleneck of the scene and try to minimize it.
In the meantime do short stories, that do not effect main story, such as was Ginny scene. Post those stories monthly at least one so the patreons see something.
After three months release F version with addition of big scenes finished.
If you are worried about big patreons, you can release F to them first and later to public.

Reactions: teffan69
3.00 star(s) 322 Votes