rubbermaid

Jun 21, 2018
Just please make save game transferable between versions. It is sickening to redo everything everytime you put out new hotfix when it is supposedly be the final version

Reactions: Asmadeus0013

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Just please make save game transferable between versions. It is sickening to redo everything everytime you put out new hotfix when it is supposedly be the final version
I agree. Sadly, based on the information provided on their latest Patreon update, I'm fearing the next update won't be very accommodating in that regard, either. If I understood correctly, they're gonna mess with the main story to make it more similar to the books and movies, so I'm assuming that's not very good news for save compatibility. I hope I'm wrong, though. I'm currently playing the game for the first time and, for all its evident flaws, I like it, but the grind is real, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to do it all over again.

Last edited:

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I agree. Sadly, based on the information provided on their latest Patreon update, I'm fearing the next update won't be very accommodating in that regard, either. If I understood correctly, they're gonna mess with the main story to make it more similar to the books and movies, so I'm assuming that's not very good news for save compatibility. I hope I'm wrong, though. I'm currently playing the game for the first time and, for all its evident flaws, I like it, but the grinding is real, and I'm not sure I'd be willing to do it all over again.
Actually editing the text is one of the few things they could do to their hearts delight that would have a very small chance of messing up save compatibility. It's when they make changes behind the scenes to the game engine and variables that usually breaks compatibility.

Reactions: SamHaim

Teaber

Mar 26, 2017
Actually editing the text is one of the few things they could do to their hearts delight that would have a very small chance of messing up save compatibility. It's when they make changes behind the scenes to the game engine and variables that usually breaks compatibility.
Um, yeah, but the way they were describing the stuff they got planned didn't look like simple "cosmetic" changes to dialogues and so on. It seems that they're changing events, especially the way they are introduced so that the story flows better. I'm not tech-savvy, so maybe I'm wrong, but those kinds of alterations might imply save compatibility issues. At least, that's what happens every time they modify Summertime Saga's main story, although that game's saves have been a mess since the beginning.

Last edited:

rubbermaid

Jun 21, 2018
well adding a skip all grind button might also helps with the progression. I'm not sure I will do the grind all over again once the new version comes out.

Grompot

Dec 22, 2018
well adding a skip all grind button might also helps with the progression. I'm not sure I will do the grind all over again once the new version comes out.
That already exists. Either start at the current act/chapter or get the persistent file that unlocks all the scenes.

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
I suspect that after the March update that issue will be resolved. They are going to shuffle the plot line again so hopefully after that the save issue will be sorted.
Hope you are correct. Just don’t know why they want to twist the old plot, again..

„This time, we've decided to focus most of the resources onto making the main plot deeper and more mysterious, partly resembling the events in HP books and movies.“

curious to see how they will make the swimsuit quest more HP-esque, cannot remembe that in any of the books.

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
Um, yeah, but the way they were describing the stuff they got planned didn't look like simple "cosmetic" changes to dialogues and so on. It seems that they're changing events, especially the way they are introduced so that the story flows better. I'm not tech-savvy, so maybe I'm wrong, but those kinds of alterations might imply save compatibility issues. At least, that's what happens every time they modify Summertime Saga's main story, although that game's saves have been a mess since the beginning.
You're right, if they are changing events and their timings it would probably make old saves incompatible. On the plus side Sad Crab usually posts a save on their site that starts at the beginning of the new content, so if you use that you can avoid restarting from the beginning every time.

Reactions: Teaber

Asher_Sweshia

May 23, 2019
[QUOTE = "heathcliph24, сообщение: 4986424, участник: 1601704"]
Может кто-нибудь сказать мне название песни из сцены мастурбации Луны?
[/ QUOTE]
Henry Krinkle - Stay (Fabien Mazur Remix)

zoma176

Feb 21, 2019
guys im new in this game and when i try to enter the abandon wing i got msg i only have one potion.
and i got the thing from board how can i enter the abandon wing please im stucked

memoryman

Nov 10, 2019
what do i do if my save folder is missing? on a mac want to import a save but my folder doesn't exist via “Innocent Witches.app/Contents/Resources/autorun/game/saves”

Last edited:

sharky311

Jun 29, 2020
Anything new after the sex scene with Daphne? Some sneak pics maybe? Just wanna know if its worth grinding this game again from the start or not.

Lafe

Sep 14, 2019
I gave up supporting them on Patreon because of the save issue. And I don't plan to re-up my support or play the game until it is possible to progress in the game and keep that progress. I like the game and the art is incredible but it's too frustrating. It truly sucks to put in hours of time to get to the end of a current release, and then haave to start all over again. Even more so when the supposed save games and persistent data saves don't really work.

3.00 star(s) 324 Votes