Sep 17, 2022
It's weird how people get upset about what someone's earning on patreon, like making $22k means you have to dedicate your full time to your game.
The way I see it patreon is more of a subscription service. You're putting down money to get whatever the developer is offering, not some kind of pact that the game is going to be finished, it's fundamentally not designed that way.
Call it a grift if you want but it's a damn good grift. I don't see any reason to be upset about it. Evidently the patrons are happy to keep paying even if it's only 11 minutes every month.

• Angry
Reactions: zeerin and Jarul

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
It's weird how people get upset about what someone's earning on patreon, like making $22k means you have to dedicate your full time to your game.
The way I see it patreon is more of a subscription service. You're putting down money to get whatever the developer is offering, not some kind of pact that the game is going to be finished, it's fundamentally not designed that way.
Call it a grift if you want but it's a damn good grift. I don't see any reason to be upset about it. Evidently the patrons are happy to keep paying even if it's only 11 minutes every month.
It's not even that : you donate on Patreon to say "thanks, keep going". That's it. Whatever the devs do after that doesn't concern you, nor are they obligated to give back anything (aside maybe the pledge tier rewards). The game you get for free like every1 else isn't part of the deal

And by "you" I mean whoever feels concerned, not the quoted dude in particular
creating a .txt file called "erectus totalus" is not working
It's not what you need to write and it only works for the free version, which 0.10a isn't ........................................ If only this joke wasn't going on for years now

Isoldebaden

Jul 11, 2022
Found it out by myself so i`ll write you folks a guide.

Guide to cheat / change memory fragments:

1. Download UnRen
2. Move UnRen to where the game's .exe is located
3. Open UnRen
4. Press: 3, Enter
5. Open Innocent Witches and load a safegame
6. Press Shift + O
7. Type: tutorial.memory_fragments = 999
8. Press Enter for the command and leave the Dev Mode with ESC.
9. Be happy about 999 Fragments and like this post

Last edited:

armond

Apr 26, 2020

1. Download UnRen
3. Open UnRen
6. Press Shit + O
That's kinda this games problem, it seems to be designed to be a fucking spiteful headache for the player. Nothing is fun or easy, just more obstacles between the player and fun or story.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
That's kinda this games problem, it seems to be designed to be a fucking spiteful headache for the player. Nothing is fun or easy, just more obstacles between the player and fun or story.
I doubt it's designed to be a headache or in any way spiteful. The problem is that the people making Innocent Witches don't understand one very important aspect of a video game: balance. Sad Crab is deadset on trying to make a video game instead of the usual visual novels or cheaply made RPGs we see around here. The amount of mini-games, stat building, and puzzles makes that much abundantly clear. Unfortunately, ignoring the other flaws in their design process, Innocent Witches fails to strike a balance between effort and reward and without that balance the game feels like a struggle to play. It's not malice, it's inexperience and a lack of ability to self reflect. All you have to do is read a few pages and see how the people who work on the game, JoeBanks excluded, who post here respond to any form of criticism. By and large one of two things happen, either they attack you for daring not to suck their dick or they deny the issue and malign your intelligence.

One of the biggest problems with patreon funded game development, especially projects that are based on a popular intellectual property, is that all the people making them see is the money rolling in. Most people who support a patreon don't post on the page or critique the project. So the ability to recognize and grow from mistakes is severely hampered in patreon developers. There's no boss telling them they fucked up, there's no lead designer coaching them on their mistakes, there's just a largely silent echo chamber that tells them what they want to hear because they drew a Hermione with nice titties.

armond

Apr 26, 2020
I doubt it's designed to be a headache or in any way spiteful. The problem is that the people making Innocent Witches don't understand one very important aspect of a video game: balance. Sad Crab is deadset on trying to make a video game instead of the usual visual novels or cheaply made RPGs we see around here. The amount of mini-games, stat building, and puzzles makes that much abundantly clear. Unfortunately, ignoring the other flaws in their design process, Innocent Witches fails to strike a balance between effort and reward and without that balance the game feels like a struggle to play. It's not malice, it's inexperience and a lack of ability to self reflect. All you have to do is read a few pages and see how the people who work on the game, JoeBanks excluded, who post here respond to any form of criticism. By and large one of two things happen, either they attack you for daring not to suck their dick or they deny the issue and malign your intelligence.

One of the biggest problems with patreon funded game development, especially projects that are based on a popular intellectual property, is that all the people making them see is the money rolling in. Most people who support a patreon don't post on the page or critique the project. So the ability to recognize and grow from mistakes is severely hampered in patreon developers. There's no boss telling them they fucked up, there's no lead designer coaching them on their mistakes, there's just a largely silent echo chamber that tells them what they want to hear because they drew a Hermione with nice titties.
I can clarify, I said "seems" like meaning it feels that way in gameplay, to me anyway. I doubt they are doing it intentionally either, but it sure does feel that way. Tedious gameplay with no reward, chalking it up to inexperience feeles very generous.

Mar 18, 2019
So what art level does this game have?

It looks okay, probably autodidactic, slightly advanced highschool level. Perhaps by someone who was refused at art college. Or didn't make the grades there. Only reason why this game got so much attention is the Harry Potter IP, without which the game could be reduced to absolutely nothing.

And since you were asking - There are in fact several games with actually great original art, which are literally "cranking out" content. Example this game which delivered a multiple amount of hardcore content, in a small fraction of your development time:

The Big Beyond
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Granted that the artist and his game had to learn & improve a lot over the course of the development, this game is out for less than two years and already smashes Innocent Witches completely in regards to the amount and quality of sexual content.

You should be ashamed that your entire team with its hilariously bloated patreon budget has accomplished so much less in over threefold the time period.

And what exactly does Innocent Witches have until today?

A mind-boggingly stupid story going in circles around lame-ass nerd jokes, which probably aren't even funny for Harry Potter fans.

In all these years you had one great, interactive sex scene in a very early release, the pseudo-rape scene with the old teacher. Then it took what, five years (?) until the next H-scene, which was the very same recycled scene, just this time without actual sex!

Instead there is so much bullshit, like the dressing options for the in-game advisor who can explain a thousand things you don't even need to know in order to play the game. Instead players just need to look into the quest journal to proceed, so the whole advisor thing is just another obvious "play for time" measure in your patreon milking scheme.

And instead of explaining why things don't go forward - example the original artist who did the first Minerva scene was obviously replaced (or had a stroke and lost most of his artistic abilities) - all i see are arrogant insults against the community.
To each their own but no, this art is no way on par with the Innocent Witches art.

Reactions: bear.in.swamp

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018

1. Download UnRen
3. Open UnRen
6. Press Shift + O
Here's an even better guide that goes 2 steps : unlock the gallery and don't play the game

Omnikuken

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 22, 2018
if you had played the game you would know that your "guide" doesn't unlock the same things as mine.
A few costumes for a girl you only see when you need help compared to all the scenes in the gallery (even those you can't unlock without restarting at least 3x) ....... Yeah, I'll take mine

Reactions: zaqrwe and Bbyxqq

Jeronaton

Feb 28, 2020
Ok something I don't understand. According to the walkthrough, in chapter 4, I have to look at the IMVOIS codex at 10 am in the bookshelf, but it doesn't appear. How come?

hazart

Oct 6, 2017
The android version keeps crashing after i play a while. Is there a better android version or this is the only one?

nathe

Feb 3, 2020
I think i'm starting to see why projects here get abandoned so often, it must be difficult to remain vigilant and continue progress when you have so many people just constantly shitting on you for what feels like no reason. Ah well, at least this Dev seems like they can deal with all of the shit, I know I couldn't.
Indie games getting abandoned is a common thing. Especially those games that spent over 5 years of development. However, they won't be abandoned by "many people are constantly shitting", they would be abandoned by Patreon supporters' leaving .

Reactions: mast3r and Jarul

Robin_Scales

Feb 21, 2018
Alright, just gonna ask a question that's probably been asked 1000 times last year alone, but the search function is awful and does fuck all to answer:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

How much actual sex is in the game? How many hours of gameplay are there? And how far into the game do you have to go, to get to the good stuff?

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes