sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Hi guys i've been thinking for some time now to try this kind of games but i have no idea if this has content. I mean i saw that this thread is like 2 years old and i saw sad crab's patreon but for some reason i don't think there will be enough content. So my questions are how much content is here and was this game in some kind of a pause while developing other games? Again i haven't rly looked deep and i'm sorry if i don't know more about this game.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
a lot things to do (up to your ears (aka getting frustrated)) but don't expect any sexscenes (besides that rape early). this is visual novel (enuf txt for for book or 2) not much of game. saves between versions aren't compatible so you'll end up replaying things a lot when new version comes.

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018
a lot things to do (up to your ears (aka getting frustrated)) but don't expect any sexscenes (besides that rape early). this is visual novel (enuf txt for for book or 2) not much of game. saves between versions aren't compatible so you'll end up replaying things a lot when new version comes.
This is a fair statement, the game is a nod to adventure games of the past along with the VN aspect of it. Albeit, the opinions widely vary on the writing (yes some people like the writing). There is no where even near a books worth of text and on the bright side, the mouse wheel skip is exceptionally fast to get through the play. Also, things are added to the prologue and other pieces of the game while other development is done or art is being waited on. Lastly, the save compatibility thing is due to the constant changes to Ren'Py (we push changes through github to actual upstream renpy). So this means that each version has a new version of Ren'Py underneath which causes issues with saves. While you can use the renpy game save editor to get around this, there is simply no guarantee the save will work appropriately. (Also, the game itself is refactored and functions change constantly that will inherently break variables that try to get loaded with new saves.)

**waits for the shade to be thrown**

anubis1970

Engaged Member
Mar 1, 2018
I'm guessing that most of the people complaining about the amount of text and lack of action never played Myst, Riven or Zork.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
This is a fair statement, the game is a nod to adventure games of the past along with the VN aspect of it. Albeit, the opinions widely vary on the writing (yes some people like the writing). There is no where even near a books worth of text and on the bright side, the mouse wheel skip is exceptionally fast to get through the play. Also, things are added to the prologue and other pieces of the game while other development is done or art is being waited on. Lastly, the save compatibility thing is due to the constant changes to Ren'Py (we push changes through github to actual upstream renpy). So this means that each version has a new version of Ren'Py underneath which causes issues with saves. While you can use the renpy game save editor to get around this, there is simply no guarantee the save will work appropriately. (Also, the game itself is refactored and functions change constantly that will inherently break variables that try to get loaded with new saves.)

**waits for the shade to be thrown**
thx i'll give this game a shot

edsbcvfoe

Feb 11, 2018
Hi guys i've been thinking for some time now to try this kind of games but i have no idea if this has content. I mean i saw that this thread is like 2 years old and i saw sad crab's patreon but for some reason i don't think there will be enough content. So my questions are how much content is here and was this game in some kind of a pause while developing other games? Again i haven't rly looked deep and i'm sorry if i don't know more about this game.
Think of this "game" as an interactive fanfic, the introduction for example is 30 minutes - 1 hour with no erotic content.

sergop

Jul 24, 2017
Can i somehow use UnRen to scroll back the text or some kind of mod because i'm getting errors? I like when i can go back because i'm changing my mind in like 97% of choices no mather how big or small or non relevent at all they are.

obfuscation5

Feb 23, 2018
@Khan or any of the developers.

I hesitate to make this complaint because I would like to see the story move forward beyond where it currently is, as the story has been locked in at its' current stage for quite some time. I recently started replaying the game due to the new .1f version, and I found a couple of things troubling, but first of all, props the English is much improved which has made playing the game overall far more enjoyable.

I noticed various missing art assets in the dialogue box while less significant characters are speaking. (Notably the couple that is making out before the message board.) This makes the prologue and first act feel like unfinished projects. More importantly, multiple options lead to the same result. When you interact with the painting in the hallway you are given two options, but it doesn't really matter what you select. The game does not allow you to "take your cock out". Furthermore, when you first summon the four main girls into your office after your first comment all of the the dialogue options result in the same thing (and many options simple just lead to the protagonist saying "...?"). This lack of agency greatly diminishes the enjoyment that the game should provide. I could go on with various other examples but hopefully you get the idea.

My point is simply this. I do not think the problem with this game is too much text, but rather a lack of any real control by the player. The game will no doubt end up being fairly linear, but at least provide the facade of control while we are speaking to different characters.

All the best, and good luck on your future versions.

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017

I hesitate to make this complaint because I would like to see the story move forward beyond where it currently is, as the story has been locked in at its' current stage for quite some time. I recently started replaying the game due to the new .1f version, and I found a couple of things troubling, but first of all, props the English is much improved which has made playing the game overall far more enjoyable.

I noticed various missing art assets in the dialogue box while less significant characters are speaking. (Notably the couple that is making out before the message board.) This makes the prologue and first act feel like unfinished projects. More importantly, multiple options lead to the same result. When you interact with the painting in the hallway you are given two options, but it doesn't really matter what you select. The game does not allow you to "take your cock out". Furthermore, when you first summon the four main girls into your office after your first comment all of the the dialogue options result in the same thing (and many options simple just lead to the protagonist saying "...?"). This lack of agency greatly diminishes the enjoyment that the game should provide. I could go on with various other examples but hopefully you get the idea.

My point is simply this. I do not think the problem with this game is too much text, but rather a lack of any real control by the player. The game will no doubt end up being fairly linear, but at least provide the facade of control while we are speaking to different characters.

Thanks for the feedback
1. We cant do portraits for all characters in the game (and emotions for them) its very hard and wasting a time. Better draw new location or nudes.
2. Working on it at this moment.

Reactions: tarzan999

Adam Silver

Jul 24, 2017
Hi, I'm lost with the swimsuits situation. I'm nearly in the middle of the steps to be done (now I should be able to obtain information from the hat), but I can't progress and I don't know how (even the walkthrough). Does anybody have any save that I can use to continue? Thanks...

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
[B]@Khan[/B]

Regards.
1. We'll Think about it
2. Everything should work, if there is a problem, please contact us by e-mail sadcrabcom@yandex.ru or to discord in #bag section
14. There is progress in this issue
18. Without a previous message it is unclear what was discussed.
21. Without a previous message it is unclear what was discussed.
27. You are the only person who turned to us with this problem, we promise to think about it.
29. Don't understand the question

Khan

Game Developer
Apr 4, 2017
Hi, I'm lost with the swimsuits situation. I'm nearly in the middle of the steps to be done (now I should be able to obtain information from the hat), but I can't progress and I don't know how (even the walkthrough). Does anybody have any save that I can use to continue? Thanks...
There a skip in the options to 4 chapter

JoeBanks

Innocent Witches/Not Another Adventurer!
Game Developer
May 5, 2018

I really appreciate this feedback. I think branching and diversity is on everyone's todo list but right now there are still dependencies that are not yet met. Having people click on things that do not do anything is not the goal obviously.

3.00 star(s) 321 Votes