Twistty

The Happy Beaver
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2016
u 2 beat me was about to do it when saw it change and your name in history @Twistty lol we are all over like vultures. lol thanks all.
Muff, a Mutt and a Beaver - thats an Otterly fun time. Lol :eek:penedeyewink:

Yup.. just seconds. :D
I added some info. :p
And some other links???
I would but have to log off sorry @muttdoggy - have a feeling this "might" go down???

Reactions: Muff Diver

AdmiralNobody

Aug 6, 2016
To be fair - the game has now definitely improved. I'm still rather confused about what's actually happening since the plot is completely all over the place but at least the writing is now a quite a bit better and has a little bit of wit in it.
The art is also still fantastic.

Reactions: Khan

D.S.-sama

Casual Ren'Py Modder
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jul 16, 2017
I love the art but if i wanted to read this much i would have gotten a book....

AdmiralNobody

Aug 6, 2016
So my feeling on this now after having gone through (what I think is) all of it is that it does exist more on the visual novel side of things than the original Witch Trainer did - however that's not inherently a bad thing.
The main character is pretty expressive at times which most definitely improves the experience considering how wooden they appeared before - my one gripe being I'm unclear how the vengeance thing meshes with some of the more silly moments. One of the best things about Witch Trainer was the personality and wit of the MC and the reactions of Hermione which added life to the already attractive art - the fact that it's now present in this is a promising start and hopefully more of it will be apparent in future updates.

In terms of content - this roughly, as far as I could tell, contains the setup before the corruption of the 4 main heroines begins (establishes why you're there, the characters, some mechanics, why you're interacting with the girls, and your goals). The issue that myself (and I'm assuming others) have with this is that's the majority of the current content feels unnecessary. While WT comparisons might get a bit stale - it's definitely the most obvious and easy comparison: MC introduced, meets Severus, agree to corrupt annoying girl, gameplay starts. You can wiz through WT's introduction in a good ten minutes and then get right to the interesting part of the game. With IW on the other hand it feels like you have to constantly jump hurdles without any obvious payoff in sight (for this version at least).

Sum:
-Decent, if rather (and possibly unnecessarily) long, setup.
-Fantastic character and location art, but could do with more expressions on the heroines.
-Confusing plot, but it's at least quite entertaining in parts now.

Jul 2, 2017
How did you do that? Where did you get food from?
Use the owl, send a message to Snape, but make it not official, from the button on the right of the letter. At night Snape will come, press "Prefect's favour" and then "Tell him about problems". Do that 4 times and he'll give you 4 items one for each girl. That's how you get the addresses, but I can't figure out how to use Hermione's one, the one with the phoenix.

tathar86

May 10, 2017
walktrough please.... I am after the classroom and the objective is " moar " <<< moar = more ? more what? i take 4 potion in the wardrobe... but what can i do after that?

3.00 star(s) 320 Votes