Input Appreciated

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Banner 4.jpeg

A little about the girls
Back to front left to right
Marilyn: 'Landlady' Age 36 official version she is suffering from empty nest syndrome husband passed (totally not cliche in these type games...) is pretty well off and owns a large house about 10 minutes outside of a college town. Former teen model works out practically every day (well she goes to the gym at least)

Amy: Cheerleader Age 18 enjoys swimming is actually pretty shy but still curious

Jasmine: MC Age 19 plays guitar and piano (Might allow for custom name/nickname still debating since it would be a lot of extra code to reference it)

Sam (Samantha): Hippie Feminist College Student Age 22 Does what she wants and likes to party.

Iris: Nerd/Geek MC's 'best friend' age 19 enjoys running and loves Star Wars (weirdo even likes the new stuff). Keeps to herself mostly.

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
When you start rendering scenes but forget to check for continuity...
fixed.Open.jpeg Open_Bathroom1.jpeg

And you are rendering at a breakneck speed of 1 hour and 30 minutes an image on your CPU because you have shitty GPU.

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
I've been reading a lot about increasing render speed one thing that is mentioned a lot is reducing texture and materials resolution to reduce the memory the scene takes up. But I can't figure out how to calculate how much memory a given scene is taking. I'd like to see if I can even fit the scenes I'm doing on my 4gb DDR5 GPU.

Is there a way to check memory consumption?

Deviant Delights

A figment of your imagination
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2018
This product is a must have if you have limited VRAM and need to optimize your scenes to fit in memory.

Reactions: WTFosaurus

Conviction07

Game Developer
May 6, 2017
This is why it’s a bad idea to have your house as one big structure, instead of segmenting it into different rooms. Unless you have a gpu with 11gb of vram, you’ll run into problems.

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
This product is a must have if you have limited VRAM and need to optimize your scenes to fit in memory.

I've seen this and I'd like to get it but I promised (under threat of bodily harm) I wouldn't spend any more money on the game until it launched. Hair is expensive...

I have a free utility to do it one item at a time. But I'd like to see a starting point for the memory before I start lowering resolutions.

This is why it’s a bad idea to have your house as one big structure, instead of segmenting it into different rooms. Unless you have a gpu with 11gb of vram, you’ll run into problems.
I have it so each room is in a separate group so they are easy to hide. I read somewhere that as long as they are hidden they won't be calculated. But that anything that is on the map and isn't hidden even if not in the shot is calculated. I've been rendering with just one room up at a time. Does that not work?

But even with just two models loaded on a blank canvas Daz has been switching to the CPU for me and that is with nothing but skin hair textures. That might be because I ended up making custom skins though. Maybe they are larger than they need to be?

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Ah, it was how i made it with the transparencies in gimp. I was seeing the other images. Removing the alpha got rid of it.
Sam Portrait2.gif

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Wow, you seem to be progressing fairly well, I like the changes you have made so far! They seem to be an improvement.

I believe that hitch you mention is the fact you are exporting using a combination technique, so the frames were stacking.
when exporting as gif, Use these settings

I also made the highs and low keyframes last 5 frames longe to help with the one thirds rule of biology, to try and make the breathing more natural, here is what I got using the 180ms to speed up/smooth out the animation. I thikn it could look better if the frame rate was doubled (would be close to 11.2 fps then, close to smooth) and if teh blink was quicker, but that may be something to play with to find for yourself. Here are the results

WTFosaurus

Aug 11, 2018
Thanks! I did actually find that setting already for the frame disposal. I've been playing around with it off and on for the past few days. Breathing has been a pain the ass for sure. Either I've gotten the breathing too slow or way too fast. Learning Daz and C# for Unity at the same time has been a challenge with work getting in the way. I already know gimp though luckily just never made a gif with it before. It has been very useful for editing for sure.
I redid Sam's portrait twice already (the long haired blonde). I'm still not happy with it though. I actually decided to get away from altering the torso scale like I did in the first one. I tried chest depth and rib cage scale instead. But realized after the fact that I should have added a stomach contraction as well.

sam portriat4.gif

I think this elf i was just fucking around with the other day actually came out better though...

Elf.gif

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Whoa, very cool. subtle but definitely more natural. Here, this may help, this is from a private personal study I did on mathematical models of human behavior. This is what a natural breathing cycle looks (at least when I animate).

A: A period of Rest, when the lungs are empty, this should be the longest duration,
B: A period of intake
C: Period of holding in the breath, sometimes longer than B, sometimes equal, sometimes there is no rest. usually depends on mood.
D: A period of exhaling, equal to or longer than B, assuming the user is not huffing.

Ideally, during a relaxed mood, both b and D together are less than A and C, there is mor resting than working.

1: natural relaxed state.
2: first start breathing in by the belly.
3: now the chest starts to move and does the rest of the work for the animation. 2 and 3 should trade off smoothly, not really operate together (stomach then fade to chest)
4: there may be a period of rest, sometimes when there is no rest, when breathing fast, the breath volume is expanded by also lifting up the shoulders. you can do this subtly for a relaxed breath ever so slightly, but moving the shoulders usually are just to help exaggerate the breathing effect. If you move the shoulder, halfway through stage 3 the shoulders should start moving, and then continue on past 3 if need to. Typically pausing at the peak helps, if not natural, at least it helps with holding the pose for good animation practices (depending on the animation type, cartoon vs realistic).
5: Collaps, both the belly and the chest start to come in, but the belly finishes first (but not faster, it just needs to move less distance), about the same as 2.
6: the shoulders and the chest continue and finish the exhale.

if you wondering why this type of timing and this order, it has to do with getting the most amount of air with the least amount of energy spent. ie, it is easier to move your head towards the spoon (energy wise) than to lift the spoon all the way to your mouth. but it's not polite. knowing things like this can help make animations that do things as simple as, differentiate between a childish character and a mature character, a relaxed character versus the breathing of a character that seems unnatural.

So try it, break up the breathing into 3 phases, a belly only breath, a shoulder only breath, and a should movement. (not sure if that is the same amount of muscle groups but I do know we have redundant systems). and then animate the three phase independantly so it isn't so simple and easy to see the motion. hope that may be useful.

edit, I find with breathing, when using just the chest, we push up and out, and the breast will role out to the side a bit sometimes.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I would say it's at a point that I would find it acceptable or complete.
I've been currently doing something similar, trying to perfect my indirect lighting and walking animations, I'm at the point now that the only way to improve is to modify Daz's default skeleton rig to automate somebody physics. Also, finding the right daz hair is hard... not the biggest selection.