Others Insect Prison Remake [v0.40] [Eroism]

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Yet another buggy update! :)

The binary for this version was already at almost 800 Mbs, so I resized the CGs from x3 to x2 and got it back to 500 Mbs, which is just 100 Mbs more than the latest version. There are a couple reasons why I did this:
  • The remake is 2x the resolution of the original game, so the images are already being downscaled in the game.
  • Given the downscale in the game, I think quality wise, they are still identical, but you guys let me know.
  • I've noticed some performance issues, mainly with opening the game and in the Parasite Beast scene stages, when some stages would take a very small amount of time to start, but it was noticeable. (this might also be the way I process the scenes, because the frames are loaded at run time)
  • Memory usage and disk space (although the space gain is not massive, I think the final game will be half the size with this change)
  • Download and upload times
Besides the Parasite Worm, I've integrated the fast forward suggestion and the lewdness reset, which is called "Bonk Stick" :LOL:, and can be found in Leah's room, at the cabin.

I think all critical bugs (the unwanted ones), are dealt with, hopefully, but I might have added a few more, so keep me informed of any buggy behavior outside of the insect scope.

Changelog:
v0.34
(MOD) Upscaled sleep and Wharf Roach scenes by x2
(MOD) Downscaled Parasite Beast scenes from x3 to x2
(MOD) Attempted to balance the damage, defense and reflected damage of enemies
(MOD) Parasite Beast scenes own BGM
(FIX) Interface still in battle mode after lost battle scene
(FIX) After the first Leah defense, all other defenses are fast attacks
(FIX) Parasites, pregnancies and H events not updating in the stats
(ADD) Temporary debug card for resetting lewdness (until shop is restored)
(ADD) Mouse right click to speed animations during scenes (x8)
(ADD) Parasite Worm infection and effects
(ADD) Small Parasite Worm sleep scene (panties/naked) (upscaled by x2)

Dec 26, 2021

The binary for this version was already at almost 800 Mbs, so I resized the CGs from x3 to x2 and got it back to 500 Mbs, which is just 100 Mbs more than the latest version. There are a couple reasons why I did this:
  • The remake is 2x the resolution of the original game, so the images are already being downscaled in the game.
  • Given the downscale in the game, I think quality wise, they are still identical, but you guys let me know.
  • I've noticed some performance issues, mainly with opening the game and in the Parasite Beast scene stages, when some stages would take a very small amount of time to start, but it was noticeable. (this might also be the way I process the scenes, because the frames are loaded at run time)
  • Memory usage and disk space (although the space gain is not massive, I think the final game will be half the size with this change)
Besides the Parasite Worm, I've integrated the fast forward suggestion and the lewdness reset, which is called "Bonk Stick" :LOL:, and can be found in Leah's room, at the cabin.

I think all critical bugs (the unwanted ones), are dealt with, hopefully, but I might have added a few more, so keep me informed of any buggy behavior outside of the insect scope.

Changelog:
v0.34
I want the option to remove my clothes at will

tusenpai

Dec 20, 2020

Changelog:
v0.34
Is there any way to play this game on Android? Maybe through some emulator (joiplay or kirikiroid2)

Dec 26, 2021

Changelog:
v0.34
the sex scenes are too long. can you cut down some of it? I do not need to see the parasite beast cumming inside of leah four seperate times. Just have it be once

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
Solid update, the QoL stuff that you're adding makes the game much more enjoyable. The battles are a bit hard but that's expected considering we don't have any items. Lewdness is hard to increase and that's perfect, shouldn't be easy to corrupt MC immediately without difficulty. Can't wait till we have items set up so that we can start grinding for items.

Bug found:
Parasite dog scene, Low lewdness (not sure if wharf scenes are affected)
CG is already playing out, but the second parasite dog still attempted to do a capture event, so I have a prompt on top of the CG for options to resist or not. Clicking an option ignores it though, as the CG continues to play and asks for what scenes to play out, but after the CG is over, the results of the option from the second parasite beast showed up.

So I guess there needs to be a way to "pause" the battle when a capture event is attempted to stop this from happening.

Suggestions:
- Add a "repeat action" button for the battle phase. This is helpful for attacking the same enemy, or repeatedly holding out defense for grinding lewdness, just overall 1 less click to do considering it takes a ton of turns to finish a fight.
- Add a "auto fight" button for the battle phase. The original game has this, essentially the game picks what action the MC does automatically, whether to attack, defend, parry or heal. Should make battle grinding less tedious, when eventually we will have equipment to dominate enemies.
- Add an action called "Buff Attack", essentially increasing attack damage on the next turn.

the sex scenes are too long. can you cut down some of it? I do not need to see the parasite beast cumming inside of leah four seperate times. Just have it be once
Hold Right Click to fast forward scenes by 8x.

Last edited:

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
Is there any way to play this game on Android? Maybe through some emulator (joiplay or kirikiroid2)
I don't know about kirikiroid2, but at least for JoiPlay I think won't be possible. JoiPlay seems to work only in HTML based games, but that is not the case for the provided files as they are native binaries.

I'm not familiar with Android emulation, so I cannot answer the question better than this. The alternative on my side is to build an APK, but like I said previously, it would go untested and the support I could offer for such a version would be limited as well.

I can understand your preference, but one of the main aspects of this remake is to keep most of the original game's feeling, and for that reason I will keep the animations (duration and sequence) as close to the original game as possible.

The best I can do for this case is to add another key to allow skipping stages of the animation, or increase the fast-forward speed, although I think the current speed is the sweet-spot. You can also double the normal animation speed in the settings by selecting "x2.0" making the animations 16 FPS instead of 8 FPS and the fast-forward x16 the original speed.

Solid update, the QoL stuff that you're adding makes the game much more enjoyable. The battles are a bit hard but that's expected considering we don't have any items. Lewdness is hard to increase and that's perfect, shouldn't be easy to corrupt MC immediately without difficulty. Can't wait till we have items set up so that we can start grinding for items.

Bug found:
Parasite dog scene, Low lewdness (not sure if wharf scenes are affected)
CG is already playing out, but the second parasite dog still attempted to do a capture event, so I have a prompt on top of the CG for options to resist or not. Clicking an option ignores it though, as the CG continues to play and asks for what scenes to play out, but after the CG is over, the results of the option from the second parasite beast showed up.

So I guess there needs to be a way to "pause" the battle when a capture event is attempted to stop this from happening.

Suggestions:
- Add a "repeat action" button for the battle phase. This is helpful for attacking the same enemy, or repeatedly holding out defense for grinding lewdness, just overall 1 less click to do considering it takes a ton of turns to finish a fight.
- Add a "auto fight" button for the battle phase. The original game has this, essentially the game picks what action the MC does automatically, whether to attack, defend, parry or heal. Should make battle grinding less tedious, when eventually we will have equipment to dominate enemies.
- Add an action called "Buff Attack", essentially increasing attack damage on the next turn.

Hold Right Click to fast forward scenes by 8x.
Thank you for the feedback! :)

The battle is paused when a scene starts, but there is a small delay between the system recognizing that the scene has started, and actually stopping. I believe this might be because of the load time of the scenes, it is fast for us, but not fast enough for the computer :LOL:, I'll have to change this portion of the system to not be dependent on the starting speed of the scene.

Those are some cool suggestions, the "buff attack" would be a good trade off, skipping the current turn and leaving Leah open to the enemy until her turn returns.

Dec 26, 2021
View attachment 3723377

Overview:
This is a remake of Atella's (Mr.183) CardWirth game, Mushi no Kangoku.
Leah is an adventurer that takes a request to find a missing survey team on a mysterious recently discovered island. The problem with the request is that the island is home to many giant insects, that are more than happy to welcome Leah, in ways that she is probably not expecting...​

Thread Updated: 2024-06-17
Release Date: 2024-06-10
Developer: Eroism
Original Developer: Mr. 183
Censored: No
Version: 0.34
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN
Linux: MEGA - - - PIXELDRAIN

Thanks to Atella (Mr.183) for his permission and CGs for the remake. Thanks to Bzshr for the upscaled CGs.

View attachment 3745194 View attachment 3745195 View attachment 3745196 View attachment 3745197 View attachment 3745198
I'm supposed to be finding some scientists who went missing here. All I've been doing is collecting herbs and getting raped by parasites and roaches. How do I progress?

Bzshr

Feb 4, 2018
I'm supposed to be finding some scientists who went missing here. All I've been doing is collecting herbs and getting raped by parasites and roaches. How do I progress?
The dev just started to remake the game about a week ago, so it's expected that there's not a lot going on right now. However,, the original game is also unfinished, there's not really an actual progression about the mission, it's just the premise of how the MC got into the island and interacting with the creatures in it.

You can wait for the current dev to continue remaking the game, or try out the original game here, but be warned that some technical skills are required to start the game, since it's piggybacking on a JP-based game engine.

Oh and a quick typo report:
The herb is misspelled, should be "Disinfectant Herb". Right now it says "Desinfectant Herb".

Last edited:

Veilwolf

Oct 16, 2018
Can't make bandages tired of fucking seeing not implemented yet, this game is barebones at the moment although it has potential I like the crafting aspect but hardly playable well not balanced yet.

eroism

Game Developer
Dec 25, 2019
It is not possible to progress in terms of narrative, since no narrative yet exists. The original game had a few more points on the "story" that I'll eventually add on future updates, but other than that there is not much of a story. Perhaps I'll try to create some minimal development and conclusion once the remake achieves the point of the original, but even still, I'll be a bit limited in terms of what I can do in that regard.

The dev just started to remake the game about a week ago, so it's expected that there's not a lot going on right now. However,, the original game is also unfinished, there's not really an actual progression about the mission, it's just the premise of how the MC got into the island and interacting with the creatures in it.

You can wait for the current dev to continue remaking the game, or try out the original game here, but be warned that some technical skills are required to start the game, since it's piggybacking on a JP-based game engine.

Oh and a quick typo report:
The herb is misspelled, should be "Disinfectant Herb". Right now it says "Desinfectant Herb".
Thanks for the support and the typo, if you catch any more of those please let me know. I've copied a lot of text and made many tweaks, which probably led to many typos :LOL:.

By the way, don't know if you saw the readme, but you can use F3 for taking screenshots and F4 for a soft reset of the game, without needing to close and open again. These things might help in cases of bugs, specially the screenshots, to help identify the problem.

Can't make bandages tired of fucking seeing not implemented yet, this game is barebones at the moment although it has potential I like the crafting aspect but hardly playable well not balanced yet.
The crafting is not yet implemented, many source items are still missing as well. It is one of the things I'm working currently, so you can expect some of the items to be craftable by the next update :).

MY BROTHER IN CRIHST ITS VERSION 0.34! THE DUCK DID YOU EXPECT IN AN EARLY VERSION OF A REMAKE? A FULLY RELASED GAME?
It is understandable that people will not follow all the threads :), perhaps for this case reading the developer notes on the front page is not enough and I should clearly state somewhere that the game is still in development, but I imagine that nobody reads the 'readme.txt' as well, although I don't have mention of the development state there.

Reactions: whaegzueli
Dec 26, 2021
It is not possible to progress in terms of narrative, since no narrative yet exists. The original game had a few more points on the "story" that I'll eventually add on future updates, but other than that there is not much of a story. Perhaps I'll try to create some minimal development and conclusion once the remake achieves the point of the original, but even still, I'll be a bit limited in terms of what I can do in that regard.

Thanks for the support and the typo, if you catch any more of those please let me know. I've copied a lot of text and made many tweaks, which probably led to many typos :LOL:.

By the way, don't know if you saw the readme, but you can use F3 for taking screenshots and F4 for a soft reset of the game, without needing to close and open again. These things might help in cases of bugs, specially the screenshots, to help identify the problem.

The crafting is not yet implemented, many source items are still missing as well. It is one of the things I'm working currently, so you can expect some of the items to be craftable by the next update :).

It is understandable that people will not follow all the threads :), perhaps for this case reading the developer notes on the front page is not enough and I should clearly state somewhere that the game is still in development, but I imagine that nobody reads the 'readme.txt' as well, although I don't have mention of the development state there.
I got some ideas for the story.

Since investigation seems to be a large part of this game, there should be some items to clue the player in on where the scientists went. Maybe even trying to collect some sperm from the parasite beasts or capturing a wharf roach as a pet. The beach and staring at the ocean kinda felt pointless to me other than to show how horny leah is. So I'd like to see a ship overhead in the ocean waves and for leah to swim over and collect some data from the wreckage or maybe follow some footprints

Myrneko

Nov 6, 2019
Not currently.

Most likely the resolution will remain locked at 1264x840, since the CGs were sized to fit CardWirth's resolution of 632x420, so only multiples of this resolution will "work well" with the CGs as they are.
Oh, It's a shame, I guess I'll have to wait to play it, since my pc can't run it well

4.30 star(s) 3 Votes