Interactivity for the sake of Interactivity

KurtS

Oct 20, 2020
I will never forget how in the Mass Effect game I had to choose which of the two companions to save and who to leave to die. This does not affect the main plot of the game, but the feeling is unforgettable - you have a real and not a fake choice in front of you, which you now have to accept. No VN has put me in front of such a difficult choice.

lazymunchlax

Dec 15, 2018
I will never forget how in the Mass Effect game I had to choose which of the two companions to save and who to leave to die. This does not affect the main plot of the game, but the feeling is unforgettable - you have a real and not a fake choice in front of you, which you now have to accept. No VN has put me in front of such a difficult choice.
Acting Lessons

And lets be fair, both of them sucked. If there was anyone out of all the companions over all 3 games I'd kill willingly, it'll always be him. Maybe that muscle bound jock from ME3 instead.

Reactions: Rilevav

Dahakma

Nov 15, 2019
Fashion Business as an example, when I originally played it. There was no Map or Fast travel function, so EVERY morning in the prologue required you to ->

Change Room -> Select Wardrobe -> Choose the right outfight -> Move Room -> Move Room -> Bathe -> Return -> Return -> Wardrobe -> Choose the right outfit -> Room -> Room -> Stairs -> Room -> Room -> Eat -> Room -> Room -> Stairs -> Room -> Room -> Wardrobe
I immediately knew you're talking about Fashion Business. That pointless everyday clicking routine is just infuriating! If you could at least choose what outfit to wear or something like that.

That's a good game design: self-contained choices that have an impact but don't branch the main story-line too much. Shame the quality of writing dropped in the following games.

Reactions: Taak