SidoRu

Aug 31, 2022
The last story content update wasnt 6 month ago, it was 8 months ago on November 4th.

The Update that is listed here for January added no new content beyond apparently redoing early "pictures" which you can even see in the Changelog. I have no horse in the race but people are using wrong information, which bothers me.

Either way, I hope the next Update doesnt take much longer tho, one of my favorite games. But looking at the progress update its probably gonna be a few more months sadly. Oh well, nothing we can do about it. :coffee:

Last edited:

johnman300

Aug 1, 2022
The last story content update wasnt 6 month ago, it was 8 months ago on November 4th.

The Update that is listed here for January added no new content beyond apparently redoing early "pictures" which you can even see in the Changelog. I have no horse in the race but people are using wrong information, which bothers me.

Either way, I hope the next Update doesnt take much longer tho, one of my favorite games. But looking at the progress update its probably gonna be a few more months sadly. Oh well, nothing we can do about it. :coffee:
The non-content update you are pointing as not an update was a rather substantial update though. You are correct in that is wasn't "new" content rather redone "old" content, but it was a thorough reworking for the first part to make the make more sense. The early game was entirely re-written. The variables and relationships were re-coded. Quite a few renders were redone. I get people not wanting to look at that sort of thing as new content, but it really was. The early game was vastly improved, and frankly needed improving. Many complained about it, and the dev fixed it. I'm not absolving the dev at the pace of her dev cycles, she's had a bunch of "problems" that sound made up to me. Nonetheless claiming the redo isn't real content is willful blindness imo.

CodyOn

Jun 6, 2023
Hey Guys. I'm totally new in this forum and playing this games. I'm not english native language so sorry for my grammar or mistakes.

I'm going to support de dev of this game when she update it but I'm afraid to do. I don't know how it's work. What payment methods can I use, is there any risk involved, and can I stop supporting it whenever I want?

I don't even know if this is the right place to ask these kinds of questions. If not, I would appreciate it if you could tell me where to post this message.

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
Hey Guys. I'm totally new in this forum and playing this games. I'm not english native language so sorry for my grammar or mistakes.

I'm going to support de dev of this game when she update it but I'm afraid to do. I don't know how it's work. What payment methods can I use, is there any risk involved, and can I stop supporting it whenever I want?

I don't even know if this is the right place to ask these kinds of questions. If not, I would appreciate it if you could tell me where to post this message.
you can support the dev on their patreon site, it's linked in the OP. Payment I think can be done via paypal or debit card. It's pretty standard. It's billed monthly and you can stop whenever you want.

Reactions: funkymonkeyjedi

Andrewwood

Aug 7, 2019
Unfortunately it's looking more and more like another great VN with a unique story line, wonderful renders and graphics, will soon be awarded the all to common title of " Abandoned."
As the chorus chimes in with the long list of reasons for eternal delays, just understand, Life gets in the way, people (developer's) have responsibilities to themselves and others, they move on to different priorities, not to mention simple burnout.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
just understand, Life gets in the way, people (developer's) have responsibilities to themselves and others, they move on to different priorities, not to mention simple burnout.
And this is the problem with Patreon. Don't have a patreon page then. Simple isn't it. No responsibility and do/release stuff when you can. If you're going to have one then with taking money (regardless if it's considered as a 'donation'), comes responsibility. With responsibility comes commitment.

Funny how all things you mentioned don't mean shit in the real world if you have a real job.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Unfortunately it's looking more and more like another great VN with a unique story line, wonderful renders and graphics, will soon be awarded the all to common title of " Abandoned."
Would you made a bet about it? Let's say 500 Euros donate to UNICEF. I pay them if it's abandoned by Nyx and you pay when it's finished.

CodyOn

Jun 6, 2023
Would you made a bet about it? Let's say 500 Euros donate to UNICEF. I pay them if it's abandoned by Nyx and you pay when it's finished.
I love that you are so sure about this. Hopefully your conviction is true and Nyx will not abandon the project.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I love that you are so sure about this. Hopefully your conviction is true and Nyx will not abandon the project.
Why should she? Just because some players have no idea how much effort it takes to make a game and are mistaken in assuming that one person can deliver an update every quarter in their spare time? There are two options for devs: 1. small updates with little content and therefore short times between updates or 2. longer waiting times but a decent amount of content. Personally, I'd rather wait a few months and then have one, two or more hours of playtime instead of getting an update once a month, which I can finish in fifteen minutes.

It is incomprehensible to me why there is always such impatience. Nyx is transparent about the development process. She regularly gives information about what she is doing and what is still to come. She explains in detail when there were problems and even when she wasn't able to work much on the project. Unlike some other devs, she never lied. At least as far as we can tell. On the contrary, she has now delivered numerous updates. Sometimes the waiting time was longer, sometimes shorter. Apart from your own impatience, there is no reason to panic like this.

And quite apart from that: even if the development should be stopped at some point. 99% of the people who panic like this didn't pay a dime. So why do they care? There's one rule: only pay a dev as much as it is worth to you. If a game is abandoned, you haven't paid more than it's worth, so there's no reason to be angry or worried. But let's not kid ourselves. We're on a piracy board here. There is always a lot of talk, but there is mostly nothing behind it. We take the games for free, believing just because you play them that you have any rights to anything. Nyx owes us nothing, only her Patreons. Although, no, neither do they. Donations are donations. The principle behind a donation is that you shouldn't expect anything in return. It is different when buying. When you make a buy, you pay for something in return.

CodyOn

Jun 6, 2023
Why should she? Just because some players have no idea how much effort it takes to make a game and are mistaken in assuming that one person can deliver an update every quarter in their spare time? There are two options for devs: 1. small updates with little content and therefore short times between updates or 2. longer waiting times but a decent amount of content. Personally, I'd rather wait a few months and then have one, two or more hours of playtime instead of getting an update once a month, which I can finish in fifteen minutes.

Me too. I want to support NyxValeria because I realize the amount of work is she doing. And well done. I love this game. but I'm going to wait for a new update to make sure she hasn't abandoned the project.

It is incomprehensible to me why there is always such impatience. Nyx is transparent about the development process. She regularly gives information about what she is doing and what is still to come. She explains in detail when there were problems and even when she wasn't able to work much on the project. Unlike some other devs, she never lied. At least as far as we can tell. On the contrary, she has now delivered numerous updates. Sometimes the waiting time was longer, sometimes shorter. Apart from your own impatience, there is no reason to panic like this.

I agree. I'm not impatient at all but I don't really know how this whole business works. I have never played or participated in this type of games. I just see that the vast majority of projects are abandoned before completion. I'm reading all the messages in this post now but I'm still on page 39. Lol. Right now I'm inclined to think that the project won't be abandoned, but I can't be sure. What I can realize is what a great job the dev. is doing, how much work it is and that she has the project very clear in her head.

Zthirty1420

Oct 26, 2022
Plus people seem to forget with games that have a lot more split options/content it's a lot harder to produce decent size updates that compare to previous ones due to being so split up with all the options that each rabbit hole requires just as much attention. You may only get small amounts of content due to the path you chose from the story but the dev has literally put it about 6x the work from the beginning because now they are keeping up with x amount of story paths all with there own content etc... I u derstand how math and real life works when it comes to hobby projects so people will just have to learn to be patient.. this game in no way has shown signs of being abandoned which in today's world is already a huge plus lol so im just excited about the next story update and regardless I love the direction it has been heading..

I'm part or the Valeria/Elena crew here so I just hope the next updates caters to those sides of the story a bit more.. but if not then so be it, eventually the story will unfold and I garentee I won't be disappointed with nyx decision either way. Love this game, love the dev and thanks for all the work so far!! Hope it keeps going forever lol it makes me sad when stories end after getting so attached to the characters!

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes