Porthas

Feb 26, 2021
That's a myth.
In general, being drunk lowers inhibitions. Does that mean that people can't lie or are forced to tell the truth when they're drunk? No. So it's true that somebody who kinda wants to kiss someone but won't because of shyness is more likely to kiss that person when they're drunk.

Reactions: mnotwoke and LSC82

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
I found it depends on the person. Some drunks can't help themselves but blab.
Blabbering doesn't mean they're telling the truth. It's the truth of their drunken mind. Alcohol is a neurotoxin which effects the neuronal network. As a user you don't have control how it works with your neurons. It made you think and do things you don't want. You want A but the toxin made your neurons sending doing B. So you do B instead of A. Was it your free will? Was it your deepest wish or your best kept secret? Well, science said no. It's just your neurons doesn't work correctly.
In general, being drunk lowers inhibitions. Does that mean that people can't lie or are forced to tell the truth when they're drunk? No. So it's true that somebody who kinda wants to kiss someone but won't because of shyness is more likely to kiss that person when they're drunk.
Alcohol has a disinhibiting effect. No question about it. But it also makes you do things you don't want to do. That's why there are these antisocial subjects who deliberately get women drunk to get them to do things that they would never do with this scum in their right mind. Dark Silence thinks Elena kissed MC on the train because she secretly wants to. That could and may be true. Maybe there is already enough sympathy for MC at that point. But it's unlikely.

Alcohol reduces the ability to resist peer pressure, for example. It is quite possible that Elena felt she had to be flirty because it was expected of her. This expectation wasn't even present in the others, but Elena's drunken mind gave her the feeling. Her alohol corrupted neurons were playing a game with her. Sure, these are just theories about Elena's behavior. I doubt Nyx thought about this scene as deeply as we are doing here now.

Nonetheless, I still wanted to make it clear that the statement "the truth comes out when you're drunk" is just plain wrong. Yes, most people believe it, but that's always the case with myths. Myths are considered true because the masses confirm each other in them. Even disproved myths, e.g. that spinach is particularly healthy or that Einstein was a bad student, are still believed by most people.

Tremonia

Queen Lydia's bitch
Donor
Jun 14, 2020
Worst part of it, asking and answering those questions makes searching for them harder since it has the word in it. :(
This too. But if they can read they find the right answer anyway in the first five results. As long as they used the search function properly. Anyway, I think I would win any bet if I say these guys didn't ever read the explaination how to find exactly what they search for.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
we bitch cause compressed and android ports are asked quite frequently (after F95 changed rules that those don't need to be in op) and wt-mod and others come closeby.

D2M3

Jan 20, 2018
I found it depends on the person. Some drunks can't help themselves but blab.
"In vino, veritas" only applies as spoken truth for long conversations or streams of consciousness spilling out.

In contrast, if you're super drunk and already a flirty person to begin with, you just have that trait amplified and get overly flirty with all.

Same with sad drunks, angry drunks, talkative drunks, etc. In vino veritas applies as a "true person underneath" gets amplified, not necessarily speaking the truth all the time while drunk.

Alcohol's overall effect is inhibiting decision making itself. Chemically speaking, that's the function alcohol attacks. A compromised decision maker can do anything from full on lie to full on truth, as well as a spectrum of physical actions that they normally would not undertake.

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 11, 2020
"In vino, veritas" only applies as spoken truth for long conversations or streams of consciousness spilling out.

In contrast, if you're super drunk and already a flirty person to begin with, you just have that trait amplified and get overly flirty with all.

Same with sad drunks, angry drunks, talkative drunks, etc. In vino veritas applies as a "true person underneath" gets amplified, not necessarily speaking the truth all the time while drunk.

Alcohol's overall effect is inhibiting decision making itself. Chemically speaking, that's the function alcohol attacks. A compromised decision maker can do anything from full on lie to full on truth, as well as a spectrum of physical actions that they normally would not undertake.
What about the beer goggles part, where the girl looks like Courtney cox and then when you wake up in bed the next morning sober looks more like Mr Spock :ROFLMAO:
It’s like that old joke
Why did god invent alcohol?
so fat chicks can get laid too

Warscared

Jan 26, 2021
What about the beer goggles part, where the girl looks like Courtney cox and then when you wake up in bed the next morning sober looks more like Mr Spock :ROFLMAO:
It’s like that old joke
Why did god invent alcohol?
so fat chicks can get laid too
the make up disapears... it was all a lie to begin with,
her clownmask was just in better state when you bedded her, than when she woke up!
so beer just enabled you not to distinguish the true form (the boobs) from the fake on (that she shaves...)
it could be worse, some cases you don´t even notice the micro hump on the crotch
until you are doggystyling away and send your hand forward around the rump to circle the clit...
just to find the micro prick... now thats an akward conversation the next day...
about preferences for anal and oral sex and not being labeled a gay macho man...
and don´t call them bottoms... it seems offensive and they resent it somehow...
not that i know anything about it anyway... just some myths i have heard here and there!

4.40 star(s) 274 Votes