Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
I don't understand why so many VN's use these fairly unrealistic backstories - MC parents get a divorce, MC lives with dad, has almost zero contact with mom for extended period of time, then MC moves in with mom and both mom & MC carry on like nothing happened.
So the MC is so angry with his mom that he goes 5 years where he barely even speaks with her on the phone and hasn't seen her once in that time (yet he blames the dad for his parents getting a divorce)?
The mom is frustrated that her son is turning into a troublemaker, so she sends him to live with his dad (who really isn't his dad) and goes 5 years without talking to him? Then after 5 years it's all 'sweetie, honey' and she is being portrayed as this caring doting mom.
Come on - any mom that is willing to ship off her 12 year old son and then go 5 years without talking to him, is a really shitty mom. Devs don't need to take this drastic approach for a backstory. They could at least go with - the MC maintained a lukewarm relationship with his mom over the years. That would make these loving reunions more believable.
I realize this isn't a main plot point, but it is something that always bugs me.

Having got that pet peeve off my chest, I am really enjoying this VN overall and how so many of the relationships are - intertwined.
The dev is weaving some exciting collisions to come in future updates - I assume since the Dev made us choose between Nikki and Cara, we will also have to choose between Alexis and Erynn. Then there will no doubt be a confrontation with the MC, Alexis and Layla........ and possibly Layla and Elena ....... and I assume the new girl will be some long lost childhood friend or something.
Then there is the issue with MC's mom and who his dad is (I'm going with Coach Mike as my guess).
Also is the story arch with Nikki and Cara done? I have a feeling there is still more with them or one of them.
Believe it or not that shit actualy happens. For example in the case of this VN Emily (Mom) wanted to come several times but it was Andres who told that it isn't good idea. I tell you this from personal expiriance. I'll not go into details, the thing is parents or one of them can sometimes be realy childish, where even child junior would act more mature.

In the case of this game if they cept contact so i don't see reason why not be all carying mom. MC is her son (that is if) so its quite natural behavior for mom to act like nothing happend. Will she talk about all the times they were separated or try to make thing right with action. You know words mean nothing. When she gave him her car keys that was one way to show her afection or something that was a right call. When she gave him a job at her restoraunt again big hit. That's just my opinion.

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
On that i definitely agree. He must be blackmailing her or trying to sort things out with her if he can. Only part i don't get is why did he said something like that. That he was with Alexis, that she stoled him from her? That move would prety much reject any girl. Right here he's more compromising himself and i must admit in heated argument i believe Alexis anytime. He could split them for moment yes, but what happens when two of them confront Ethan? Somehow i believe that Ethan is just for now bad guy, that there will be more of them. We all ready saw small fishes like Emanuel or that guy that was after Layla.
if Ethan managed to split Erryn and Alexis up by saying Alexis came on to him then she would have no1 but him and he could then use that to manipulate her, but i think she realised what he was trying to do but was too late and already signed a shady modeling contract thats why she no longer likes him but just stuck with him

Hellkinglucifer

Apr 29, 2020
The story is interesting and full of drama but i really hope the dev doesn't go the path of bad guy aka ethan blackmailing potential LI aka Erynn for sex or relationship. I have had enough of his boring and annoying story which has been used soo many times.

Last edited:

Deleted member 207916

Sep 17, 2017
if Ethan managed to split Erryn and Alexis up by saying Alexis came on to him then she would have no1 but him and he could then use that to manipulate her, but i think she realised what he was trying to do but was too late and already signed a shady modeling contract thats why she no longer likes him but just stuck with him
Yeah that can be the case if you're on Alexis route wher she and Erynn had fight. However even if you're on Erynn route i think that something shady might happening between her and Ethan. So you do have point here. He probably said to Erynn that lie about Alexis so he could isolate her and manipulate her. But again he compromites himself because if those two confront him the he couldn't repeat that lie. I think that's only temporary victory for him.

OutOfAshes

Engaged Member
Apr 14, 2019
I ask myself all the time what was Erynn doing in the club?
was she there alone or was she at the vip?

and was forced to do something by Ethan?

what do you think?

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Nah man, that's too much crazy for me. I'd rather learn the proper handling of tongs and the mysterious art of "grilling techniques". :ROFLMAO:
Yea, Alexis is the best! Layla in second place. :)

I like Erynn, but I don't trust her that much. I'm waiting for her to have an honest conversation with MC.
I am a bit bothered by what Erynn did to MC in the past.
She didn't even run after the MC, and she should. She just stayed with that asshole.
Alexis ran instead. We can see who is a true friend here or maybe.. someone more.. ^^

I'm finally waiting for this conversation with Erynn about it.

ben_sylar

Apr 26, 2019
Yea, Alexis is the best! Layla in second place. :)

I like Erynn, but I don't trust her that much. I'm waiting for her to have an honest conversation with MC.
I am a bit bothered by what Erynn did to MC in the past.
She didn't even run after the MC, and she should. She just stayed with that asshole.
Alexis ran instead. We can see who is a true friend here or maybe.. someone more.. ^^

I'm finally waiting for this conversation with Erynn about it.
There's also some time missing from the story. MC confesses his love, gets rejected (in his mind) and then starts missbehaving to the point his mom sees no other option than to send him away. But what happened between the confession and mc moving away? Erynn and he never talked? Did they continue like nothing happened until he got send away?

I might be missing something here but it seems like there is a piece missing or this might be a minor plothole

Qmil679

Q / Motherlover
Donor
Mar 13, 2019
Well you may go for Alexis, i go for multiple different paths for each charachter. However if i realy had to choose one Erynn would be winwin.

Now as for Ethan, that could make sense. That Erynn works for his family, that pretty much explains why he visited her in first place. I remember now when Erynn was after MC Ethan didn't let her go mentioning her job or something. Could be that i'm wrong on this one. I think that his role will also over time unravel. Although i think that he might try to make up with her or scare her with thought of losing job. Idk.
Hmm, possible.
I remember the first scene with Erynn and Melissa.
Melissa spoke to Erynn to leave modeling and focus on college and then on other things.
Erynn replied something like: "If only I could ..."

So I suspect that Erynn probably doesn't even enjoy this job and she wanted to finish it but can't because something or someone stoping her. (Maybe Ethan)

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I don't understand why so many VN's use these fairly unrealistic backstories - MC parents get a divorce, MC lives with dad, has almost zero contact with mom for extended period of time, then MC moves in with mom and both mom & MC carry on like nothing happened.
So the MC is so angry with his mom that he goes 5 years where he barely even speaks with her on the phone and hasn't seen her once in that time (yet he blames the dad for his parents getting a divorce)?
The mom is frustrated that her son is turning into a troublemaker, so she sends him to live with his dad (who really isn't his dad) and goes 5 years without talking to him? Then after 5 years it's all 'sweetie, honey' and she is being portrayed as this caring doting mom.
Come on - any mom that is willing to ship off her 12 year old son and then go 5 years without talking to him, is a really shitty mom. Devs don't need to take this drastic approach for a backstory. They could at least go with - the MC maintained a lukewarm relationship with his mom over the years. That would make these loving reunions more believable.
I realize this isn't a main plot point, but it is something that always bugs me.

Having got that pet peeve off my chest, I am really enjoying this VN overall and how so many of the relationships are - intertwined.
The dev is weaving some exciting collisions to come in future updates - I assume since the Dev made us choose between Nikki and Cara, we will also have to choose between Alexis and Erynn. Then there will no doubt be a confrontation with the MC, Alexis and Layla........ and possibly Layla and Elena ....... and I assume the new girl will be some long lost childhood friend or something.
Then there is the issue with MC's mom and who his dad is (I'm going with Coach Mike as my guess).
Also is the story arch with Nikki and Cara done? I have a feeling there is still more with them or one of them.
Well, the mom tried to maintain contact but, per the game, the MC didn't talk to her on the phone and didn't come to visit. She reached out and he didn't reciprocate - so he was a shitty son and she forgave him for it.

Reactions: Dripping and LSC82

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
Hmm, possible.
I remember the first scene with Erynn and Melissa.
Melissa spoke to Erynn to leave modeling and focus on college and then on other things.
Erynn replied something like: "If only I could ..."

So I suspect that Erynn probably doesn't even enjoy this job and she wanted to finish it but can't because something or someone stoping her. (Maybe Ethan)
Might be something simple like he has nudes of her...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: OutOfAshes

Bailz

Mar 3, 2020
If I knew Ethan, I wouldn't be surprised.
Maybe if it's true that Erynn was in a relationship with Ethan and then Erynn sent him nudes. Now that Erynn knows what he is like, she broke up with him and he blackmailing her with it.
i said that before blackmail and a shady modeling contract he will have control over her which is why he is still around

Reactions: Qmil679

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
If I knew Ethan, I wouldn't be surprised.
Maybe if it's true that Erynn was in a relationship with Ethan and then Erynn sent him nudes. Now that Erynn knows what he is like, she broke up with him and he blackmailing her with it.
My thoughts exactly.
We haven't really met him yet, but from everything we hear he does seem to be the resident rich prick...

And probably using Erynn to jump start his agent career.

Hopefully we get to break his nose.

4.40 star(s) 268 Votes