LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
It feels more like fairly even content amongst Alexis, Layla, Nikki, and Cara. Erynn is sprinkled throughout like Elena. I haven't done anything crazy like count dialogue or images, but I would say they are all fairly equal. And the story represents that. I guess if someone is only counting specific types of content (i.e. lewd) then it would seem unbalanced. And if you are approaching it from the side of storytelling, then I would agree that Erynn has not had an appropriate amount. Still, I don't seem to have any of the problems with the story that some have.

The Alexis story is the most well-rounded and developed so far. So, it makes sense that some people would appreciate that content more. And at the same time, it explains why some people do not like Alexis. But the story is still being developed. A lot can change.

As mentioned above, Erynn is there when the MC needs help and comfort. Alexis/Nikki/Cara fills the sex and love area. Layla is climbing, in regards to sexual awakening. Flashbacks take care of Iris and Lakeyn. And most of us are anxiously waiting to see if there will be Elena and Valeria content. And of course, you can see my bias for characters now! ;)
Well rounded is not what i would call Alexis story, her initial actions don't gel with her later character, the "hashing it out" is fast and argumentless, ultimately just "i forgive you and let's go back to fucking" and for quite a few updates now she's been stuck on "let's go on a date" routine, nothing happens, seems endgame state already... she gets plenty of "action" but her story begins and ends on "i love you so much".

Nikki(applies to Cara) due to being a "out of town character" gets episodes heavily focussed on her and then dissapears for a couple... and after being radio silent for a while here she is for another go around... can be boring if you are making a solo playthrough i tell you.

Erynn, i just think Nyx is hitting a little too hard with the "serious drama" on her case, i was very into this game when there was, Alexis vs Erynn drama... when are the sisters going to find out you been messing around with both... girl vs girl drama, that type of shit, it was fun.... and it's quickly being written out.
Plus Nyx seems to want to play her dramatic tale to completion before we can actually do anything with Erynn, for those of us who got invested early in the character it's getting increasingly frustrating, close to a real life "it may not be worth the effort".
I honestly never felt like this in a game, even those that hit us with heavy drama and "slow burns" i could see how i was getting closer and closer, Erynn feels like one step forward 3 steps back, repeatedly.

Layla, Elena and Gabi, feel like good stories to me, even if Layla/Elena is rather slow, it's constant progress, good long form storytelling, it's slow but there's enough fun moments to hold you through and you can see story is progressing.

A lot of people seem to love Valeria while i'm confused why Nyx is still bringing new characters this late into the game.

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
:LOL:Had to read that a couple times but i get it! :LOL:
Of course you have to read stuff multiple times before you understand it. I was right all along.
Am I still in your head? Or are "The ladies" taking up all the space in there? To be fair, there isn't much space, to begin with.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Well rounded is not what i would call Alexis story, her initial actions don't gel with her later character, the "hashing it out" is fast and argumentless, ultimately just "i forgive you and let's go back to fucking" and for quite a few updates now she's been stuck on "let's go on a date" routine, nothing happens, seems endgame state already... she gets plenty of "action" but her story begins and ends on "i love you so much".

Nikki(applies to Cara) due to being a "out of town character" gets episodes heavily focussed on her and then dissapears for a couple... and after being radio silent for a while here she is for another go around... can be boring if you are making a solo playthrough i tell you.

Erynn, i just think Nyx is hitting a little too hard with the "serious drama" on her case, i was very into this game when there was, Alexis vs Erynn drama... when are the sisters going to find out you been messing around with both... girl vs girl drama, that type of shit, it was fun.... and it's quickly being written out.
Plus Nyx seems to want to play her dramatic tale to completion before we can actually do anything with Erynn, for those of us who got invested early in the character it's getting increasingly frustrating, close to a real life "it may not be worth the effort".
I honestly never felt like this in a game, even those that hit us with heavy drama and "slow burns" i could see how i was getting closer and closer, Erynn feels like one step forward 3 steps back, repeatedly.

Layla, Elena and Gabi, feel like good stories to me, even if Layla/Elena is rather slow, it's constant progress, good long form storytelling, it's slow but there's enough fun moments to hold you through and you can see story is progressing.

A lot of people seem to love Valeria while i'm confused why Nyx is still bringing new characters this late into the game.
Agree with about EVERYTHING You share here!
Not exclusively but particularly in regards about Lexi.
Fresh out of "Likes" for the day so... You'll get no likes from me and um... Not like it? :unsure:

:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: LSC82

camube

Jun 4, 2022
At it's current form, Intertwined story works well for people that chose to do Alexis after airport scene.

On my blind playthrough, I straight up rejected Alexis at the bar, I only did the airplane scene, and I missed tons of story because the story hinges on MC hooking up with Alexis (and also Layla).

In the future the game might be developed to be more equal in rejecting Alexis route, but as of now, the game has great story if the MC actively decide to "intertwine" himself by hooking up with Alexis (to get more context about Erynn) and hooking up with Layla (to get more context about Elena).

CrioniC.Syn

Aug 30, 2021
At it's current form, Intertwined story works well for people that chose to do Alexis after airport scene.

On my blind playthrough, I straight up rejected Alexis at the bar, I only did the airplane scene, and I missed tons of story because the story hinges on MC hooking up with Alexis (and also Layla).

In the future the game might be developed to be more equal in rejecting Alexis route, but as of now, the game has great story if the MC actively decide to "intertwine" himself by hooking up with Alexis (to get more context about Erynn) and hooking up with Layla (to get more context about Elena).
Maybe that's why the story is called "Intertwined" and not "SoloRoute"?

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Maybe that's why the story is called "Intertwined" and not "SoloRoute"?
That was not the point I was trying to make. I'm not solorouting but that's beside the point.

I was trying to say this game at it's current form does not offer the illusion of agency to the player because to get to Elena's route, the MC needs to go through Layla and to understand fully how much Erynn loves MC, MC need to hook up with Alexis.

There is no "alternative" scenes to Erynn-Alexis fight and Elena cheerleader practice for players that rejected Alexis (or Layla).

It just closed off their branch and that's that.
Not that the game is not good, it's just at it's current form, there is one" correct" way to experience the game to see the story.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
"Endgame" is the keyword in Alexis's case imo and the scene at the concert is the key. No other character has got to show as much personality as her so far. She's the only character that got to finish the "getting to know her" arc and is already moving on to the next arc involving Iris.
Maybe her progress was a little too fast and easy, but pretty much all relationships in this game are easy. In terms of forgiving her: I think this didn't actually happen, yet and it will only come up after the PC and Alexis rescue Erynn together.
Nikki and Cara seem like pure fan service to me. There's just not much to say about these two other than Nikki is fit and Cara is ... young(?). It's like a choice between big boobs and small boobs to keep the players interested, while they're busy with Andres' arc. I mean, talk about fast and easy relationship progression. These two basically throw themselves at the player.
And after finishing their story they come back as a compensation for when you accidentally ended the Alexis or Layla path. Nikki is suddenly as meek as Cara and there's just no way to tell them apart, because they're actually just a palette swap in many scenes.
Elena is the only character besides Erynn and Alexis that is allowed to have a life outside of school and dating the PC. I don't understand why Nyx didn't cash in on all this potential, yet, other than this one scene, where we got to know Elena's siblings.
Compare Elena to Layla and it's difficult to see how Layla is supposed to tell a story. The PC and her are basically bonding over her tits, which on the one hand is nice, because she's got the best in the game, but on the other hand is a little boring. Now that the relationship drama between her and Alexis is over, her selling point is supposed to be that she's the virgin, I guess.

Last edited:
Reactions: Topper69 and LSC82

camube

Jun 4, 2022
"Endgame" is the keyword in Alexis's case imo and the scene at the concert is the key. No other character has got to show as much personality as her so far. She's the only character that got to finish the "getting to know her" arc and is already moving on to the next arc involving Iris.
Maybe her progress was a little too fast and easy, but pretty much all relationships in this game are easy. In terms of forgiving her: I think this didn't actually happen, yet and it will only come up after the PC and Alexis rescue Erynn together.

Nikki and Cara seem like pure fan service to me. There's just not much to say about these two other than Nikki is fit and Cara is ... young(?). It's like a choice between big boobs and small boobs to keep the players interested, while they're busy with Andres' arc. I mean, talk about fast and easy relationship progression. These two basically throw themselves at the player.
And after finishing their story they come back as a compensation for when you accidentally ended the Alexis or Layla path. Nikki is suddenly as meek as Cara and there's just no way to tell them apart, because they're actually just a palette swap in most scenes.

Elena is the only character besides Erynn and Alexis that is allowed to have a life outside of school and dating the PC. I don't understand why Nyx didn't cash in on all this potential, yet, other than this one scene, where we got to know Elena's siblings.
Compare Elena to Layla and it's difficult to see how Layla is supposed to tell a story. The PC and her are basically bonding over her tits, which on the one hand is nice, because she's got the best in the game, but on the other hand is a little boring. Now that the relationship drama between her and Alexis is over, her selling point is supposed to be that she's a virgin, I guess.
Adding to your post, I honestly would rather the game just railroad the player towards some Alexis content (without ability to even choose), instead of letting us choose and yet by us doing so, amputating the story content from Erynn-Alexis dynamic.

Intertwined tells an interesting story but I don't count it as a good choice-driven game due to (almost) non-existent alternative dialogues and or scenes if we decide to cut Alexis.
At least at the game's current form.
I understand the opinion is too hasty to be levied to a game still relatively early in development but I can't help but feel unsatisfied with my blind playthrough that cuts Alexis off.

Even with walkthrough, as a player I actually would never go for Alexis in a canon playthrough.
But on Intertwined, the player "have to" go through Alexis route to get more of the "main" story of the game and so, I just feel that I would rather the dev just railroad me instead.
A good comparison would be Leap of Faith. The "main" story is about Cece regardless of which route the player choose. You get the meat of Cece story even without choosing Cece route. Erynn's "meat" is hidden behind Alexis route, the same way Elena's "meat" is hidden behind Layla's route.
Elena's route being hidden is fine, but Erynn story not being told in full in general playthrough is not something I prefer.

The addition of Valeria is completely fine by me. However, waiting for Nikki and Cara to be more relevant to the overall story however, is where the game lost me in the "excitement of looking forward to more chapters" a bit.

Because the game is still being develop. As in I feel like it would take a real long time for the game to have a payoff (as in real world development time) because everything is related to one another. Pay offs per chapter released are not as clean and waiting is not as exciting.

Of all the VNs I played, I like the Elena character really highly but, I also know it would take a really long time before this game would be satisfying to play because everything is related.

While I think the game is good, I think playing it chapter per chapter doesn't give me the the "excitement of looking forward to more content" the way I get from other games like "BaDIK" or "Above the Clouds". Consuming Intertwined in byte-sized pieces is not as satisfying for some reason I can't concisely explain.

I just feel like Intertwined main crux being the story all related to one another makes the game better experienced at it's completion instead because then you get to see the whole picture.

Last edited:

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022

And after finishing their story they come back as a compensation for when you accidentally ended the Alexis or Layla path. Nikki is suddenly as meek as Cara and there's just no way to tell them apart, because they're actually just a palette swap in many scenes.

Compare Elena to Layla and it's difficult to see how Layla is supposed to tell a story. The PC and her are basically bonding over her tits, which on the one hand is nice, because she's got the best in the game, but on the other hand is a little boring. Now that the relationship drama between her and Alexis is over, her selling point is supposed to be that she's the virgin, I guess.
I think there are currently many interesting not fully completed character strings in this game and to be honest i want to know all characters in the game on a deeper way. Nyx has really a talent to set up interesting characters and yes currently the most engaging and completed one is the one of Alexis if u choose her as GF. But i agree the Alexis arc is now more than less finished if Nyx will not come up with a new twist. Dont forgett that if u ignore Alexis from beginning she will not have such a big part in the game anyway. I think if in next episodes one of the other girls will have also a engaging story i hope Nyx will implement the possibility to allow MC to break up a current relationship and start a new one with another LI. And there are really many of them in the game to try out.....:)...BTW...there is also potential if Nyx likes to serve Nikki/Cara Fans that the one who visits MC is pregnant after the visit...would be a lot of work for Nyx to carry this then through different paths...but its possible.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020

I'll be honest all i got from Alexis was, she could be a singer and loves the MC.

After we learn of what she did, it's hashed out in one conversation were we can't pose any arguments, after that it's either GTFO or fully committed relationship(should've slowed things down here imo), there are still problems on the Erynn side but as far as the MC is concerned problems are over and you are commited(or cheating, which is also getting written out).

From a more personal perspective, she was introduced as a fuck buddy and i found this deal "acceptable", next thing you know she's way ahead of me completely in love and also she's being manipulative and lying to me and her best friend, and we don't get an opportunity to call her out on it, again, it's either GTFO or i forgive everything let's be together...

Nikki/Cara, i like her introduction, it's rather fast from our eyes(there is some implied passage of time) but there's enough time to see which "flavor" you're gonna go for... she's in a tough spot because of constant dissapearing for 3 episodes and then popping back up(which unless she moves to her father's house this problem is gonna keep happening), the failed wedding trip could've been an opportunity to expand the relationship but it got wrecked with Andres problems...
Now she stepped back in apparently to fight for her love (somehow she doesn't even care if you are seeing someone, on one hand "what a trooper!!!" on another "really?" All is fair in love and war i guess).
But that was poorly thought out honestly, if she really wanted to throw her hat in the ring she should've moved in with her dad( she should know her dad lives here, right?) and then call us to announce she lives here now and she wants to meet/a relationship, the sudden appearances just feel like adding some sex to what, depending on your choices, might've slowed to a crawl.

Layla is the constant progressing "cutesy" romance, she is rather shallow(in terms of depth, not calling her a bimbo) and seems to mostly revolve around loving this guy like her sister and her drama relies on others, the main one with her sister is over now (rather unceremouniously), i don't know what's planned on this front, Valeria/Gabi/Elena(i would like some Adriana troubles but i can't see it happening lol) could all come in conflict, maybe Cara too(again requires that she moves in).

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I'll be honest all i got from Alexis was, she could be a singer and loves the MC.

After we learn of what she did, it's hashed out in one conversation were we can't pose any arguments, after that it's either GTFO or fully committed relationship(should've slowed things down here imo), there are still problems on the Erynn side but as far as the MC is concerned problems are over and you are commited(or cheating, which is also getting written out).

From a more personal perspective, she was introduced as a fuck buddy and i found this deal "acceptable", next thing you know she's way ahead of me completely in love and also she's being manipulative and lying to me and her best friend, and we don't get an opportunity to call her out on it, again, it's either GTFO or i forgive everything let's be together...

Nikki/Cara, i like her introduction, it's rather fast from our eyes(there is some implied passage of time) but there's enough time to see which "flavor" you're gonna go for... she's in a tough spot because of constant dissapearing for 3 episodes and then popping back up(which unless she moves to her father's house this problem is gonna keep happening), the failed wedding trip could've been an opportunity to expand the relationship but it got wrecked with Andres problems...
Now she stepped back in apparently to fight for her love (somehow she doesn't even care if you are seeing someone, on one hand "what a trooper!!!" on another "really?" All is fair in love and war i guess).
But that was poorly thought out honestly, if she really wanted to throw her hat in the ring she should've moved in with her dad( she should know her dad lives here, right?) and then call us to announce she lives here now and she wants to meet/a relationship, the sudden appearances just feel like adding some sex to what, depending on your choices, might've slowed to a crawl.

Layla is the constant progressing "cutesy" romance, she is rather shallow(in terms of depth, not calling her a bimbo) and seems to mostly revolve around loving this guy like her sister and her drama relies on others, the main one with her sister is over now (rather unceremouniously), i don't know what's planned on this front, Valeria/Gabi/Elena(i would like some Adriana troubles but i can't see it happening lol) could all come in conflict, maybe Cara too(again requires that she moves in).
To me if i really see it from MC perspective the Alexis path is written more engaging. Of course she lies not to know MC but my personal approach is also that this is no big deal. And i didnt recognized her as manipulative anyway. The story of Erynn Fans about that Erynn claims MC for herself for so long and was desperatley waiting for him... and using this to mob and blackmail Alexis i cant really get out of the game.
in the romantic scenes where we learn that Alexis cared for MC as a child and MC was also her first kiss ...this was really very engaging.

Hildegardt

Oct 18, 2017
next thing you know she's way ahead of me completely in love
I feel like that's basically every female character in the game.
also she's being manipulative and lying to me and her best friend, and we don't get an opportunity to call her out on it, again, it's either GTFO or i forgive everything let's be together...
Well Alexis lying to the PC wasn't completely without drama. He was a little conflicted about it as far as I remember and she had to apologize to him, which was an adequate outcome imo, because from the perspective of the PC it wasn't ever such a big deal. After all it was the PC who went radio silent on everyone and it's not like he had much of a relationship with Alexis, when they were younger anyway. He also avoided Erynn himself for awhile after moving back in with his mom.

LSC82

Jul 27, 2020
To me if i really see it from MC perspective the Alexis path is written more engaging. Of course she lies not to know MC but my personal approach is also that this is no big deal. And i didnt recognized her as manipulative anyway. The story of Erynn Fans about that Erynn claims MC for herself for so long and was desperatley waiting for him... and using this to mob and blackmail Alexis i cant really get out of the game.
in the romantic scenes where we learn that Alexis cared for MC as a child and MC was also her first kiss ...this was really very engaging.
I feel like that's basically every female character in the game.

Well Alexis lying to the PC wasn't completely without drama. He was a little conflicted about it as far as I remember and she had to apologize to him, which was an adequate outcome imo, because from the perspective of the PC it wasn't ever such a big deal. After all it was the PC who went radio silent on everyone and it's not like he had much of a relationship with Alexis, when they were younger anyway. He also avoided Erynn himself for awhile after moving back in with his mom.
I feel there should've been more levels(and options) to this... besides i'm done with you forever and all is forgiven... and a second "true" get to know you, since the first one was under false pretenses, it jumps straight into committed relationship.
Of course if you are on the same page as her and madly in love, it kinda works, but if you were just messing around with her(like i was) it has no option, you either get into a relationship that i'm totally not there or jump off the bus entirely.

Other girls have a better build up, imo, Elena you can see her affection growing and her internal conflict, Gabi is conflicted between marriage, professionalism vs lust, and Erynn just has history and baggage... lots and lots of baggage.
Even Layla, who is fairly straightforward(besides the other girls possibly creating tension), and loves the MC from the first moment, at least her build up is slow enough for you to get on the same page and get affectionate for her.

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
I feel there should've been more levels(and options) to this... besides i'm done with you forever and all is forgiven... and a second "true" get to know you, since the first one was under false pretenses, it jumps straight into committed relationship.
Of course if you are on the same page as her and madly in love, it kinda works, but if you were just messing around with her(like i was) it has no option, you either get into a relationship that i'm totally not there or jump off the bus entirely.

Other girls have a better build up, imo, Elena you can see her affection growing and her internal conflict, Gabi is conflicted between marriage, professionalism vs lust, and Erynn just has history and baggage... lots and lots of baggage.
Even Layla, who is fairly straightforward(besides the other girls possibly creating tension), and loves the MC from the first moment, at least her build up is slow enough for you to get on the same page and get affectionate for her.
Yes i fully agree that other girls have very interesting build ups. Thats why i hope that Nyx will implement the possibility for MC to break up with a current relationship and try all other options also...:)...and of course build up more content and deeper engaging story to each. I think that could work that with every update or episode now another girl will get her turn.

Journey95

Jun 23, 2018
I feel like I already know the answer to this before asking, but; Any scenes with Melissa yet? Or hinted at upcoming?

Getting ready to play/download 9.2 and want to set my expectations beforehand this time
View attachment 1891782

Same dude, I have been hoping for Melissa content for a long time. Sadly I feel the dev will play it safe here. So far into the game we haven't gotten much.

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
i didnt recognized her as manipulative anyway.
Go back, read the very first episode.
Alexis is NOT forthcoming at all.
Act's like she does not know 'who' the MC is let alone knowing EVERYTHING about the story he tells her From The Start.

Instead of being Honest with him.
She invites him to Fuck in the plane restroom.
What part of Manipulative is it You don't comprehend?

Reactions: ename144 and LSC82
4.40 star(s) 274 Votes