Ren'Py Abandoned Into The Woods [Teaser] [Ortus]

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Banner.png

Overview:
Go on an entertaining quest to save the princess. Along the way, you'll encounter monster girls, witches, and other peculiar women. Rather than combat, you'll use your conversational skills and wits to survive.

Thread Updated: 2021-06-29
Release Date: 2021-02-08
Developer: Ortus - - -
Censored: No
Version: Teaser
Language: English
Other Game: Kingdom Harem
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win/Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -
Android: - - -
-

screenshot0013.png screenshot0014.png screenshot0001.png screenshot0006.png screenshot0010.png screenshot0011.png screenshot0012.png

Last edited:

VTRinNights

Jul 15, 2017
Oh, my. This art... is kinda suspicious but I bet the story will be awesome.
For now, there's many elements from fairy tales and common histories.
I hope you surprise us with something in the future.

Last edited:

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Oh, my. This art... is kinda suspicious but I bet the story will be awesome.
For now, there's many elements from fairy tales and common histories.
I hope you surprise us with something in the future.
Thanks, I have time before v0.1 to refine the art style but I choose flat shaded + Highlights and shadows so it will be easier to produce more fluid animations as is common in H-animations. I will PM you some specific questions/examples to get your thoughts on some more specific elements of the art. I'm definitely flexible on that and trying to arrive at what's best.

• Red Heart
Reactions: VTRinNights

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Art reminds me a bit of the philips cd-i Zelda game =)
View attachment 1322107
Interesting. The style I'm trying to emulate, is Jab Comics & JKR Comics for the noses, eyes, and face shapes, and standard hentai animation for the shading.

So something like this for shading (because it's better for animation):

And something like this for noses and face shapes:

I will do another pass on the art. I would love to hear if any one has any suggestions on specific areas to focus on, but I will also seek out professional artists to get specific feedback on the art to improve it.

Last edited:
Reactions: aze123451

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
!Ortus!
Mayby you better focus on you 1st Project? :(
Becose KH already not have moch Fap-Fap material, even it "call" 0.7 version....

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
!Ortus!
Mayby you better focus on you 1st Project? :(
Becose KH already not have moch Fap-Fap material, even it "call" 0.7 version....
The teaser is so my patrons and followers know what my next project is after I finish KH. KH has a few more updates before it will be completed.

But did you read KH, or just click through it? Because it's more story focused. There's hours of content, and a bunch of lewd scenes, and full sex scenes with four characters. Gobby and Emily are the only ones in the harem that don't have any sex scenes yet but those are coming. I'm going to finish KH before v0.1 of Into the Woods.

agregen

Oct 28, 2019
The style I'm trying to emulate, is Jab Comics & JKR Comics for the noses, eyes, and face shapes
Well… I'd say it needs some work to get there… Or maybe even quite a bit.
The guards and king(?) in screenshots have faces I normally associate with flash animations about Russian alcoholics.
And I can't say I like those tits on the poster, either…

DrWho8248

May 7, 2020
The teaser is so my patrons and followers know what my next project is after I finish KH. KH has a few more updates before it will be completed.

But did you read KH, or just click through it? Because it's more story focused. There's hours of content, and a bunch of lewd scenes, and full sex scenes with four characters. Gobby and Emily are the only ones in the harem that don't have any sex scenes yet but those are coming. I'm going to finish KH before v0.1 of Into the Woods.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
Decent art, don't spare to fill this one up with loads of animations this looks promising.

Good luck on development!

TrialRagnarok

Scrambled Bussy Appreciator
Donor
Jan 22, 2018
Besides the face on the 2nd pic and the boobs being so far apart (I don't expect static, pushed together boobs either tho), it looks interesting.

Gonna keep it on the watchlist to see how it develops :)

Deleted member 1952336

Ortus
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2020
Into the Woods? Is someone a fan of the Broadway musical of the same name?
Oh interesting. I was not aware of this musical.

I made sure it wasn't already a F95 game so it wouldn't be confused with another game on here. But the name was chosen to sound kind of like a line from a fairy tale.

There is the song:

That I must have heard as a child, which is similar but "Through the woods" implies that the woods is something that can be simple passed through, I wanted a woods that gives the feeling that it devours people.

But the movie based on the broad way musical, looks like it has multiple classic fairy tale characters and themes, which is the sort of thing I intend to have in my "Into the Woods".

Reactions: Glorified_ignorance

UPXP95

Oct 14, 2021
I like the concept or general idea for the "combat"! Will a have to stay updated on this!