Introduction

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024
Hey everyone!

I'm new to adult gaming, so I'm still learning about the community. Visual Novels are surprisingly really popular. Why is that? The most popular AAA games are third-person action and adventure RPG like God of War, Elden Ring, and Baldur's Gate 3, so I thought it might be similar here. I guess big companies aren't interested in investing in a niche community? Most devs are indie and don't have resources to make big games?

Well I'm indie, and I'm working on my first adult game called Dragon Soul Maidens over on Patreon. Link in my profile since I can't link yet.

What games should I play?

NTRCreator

May 26, 2024
Welcome! Large companies often have substantial funds and resources, which enable them to create projects larger than visual novels. As a result, they typically aren’t interested in developing visual novels.

Good luck with your development!

Reactions: Baronluck

letsgethappy

Dec 7, 2023
Hello Wellcome and i would recommend this:

Romantic Escapades

It is a 3D game made with Unity.

And if we ignore how grindy it is, the dev definitly know what he is doing.
If I manage to use some of the game mechanics for myself I would be quite satisfied.

There are much more arround, that is just an example.
Less for playing itself than to see how you can implement certain game content.
Then good luck for your own game!

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024

Romantic Escapades

If I manage to use some of the game mechanics for myself I would be quite satisfied.

Wow that looks great! Thanks, I'll definitely try it out.

Gone405

May 1, 2024
I think it's a few things one lewd games like the ones we like are too much of a PR nightmare for mainstream users. I think the closest we will get are the life Sim games like inzoi (more complex sims type game). Where you're just playing your own character. You will really only see indie devs for these type of games for goons like us.

Also welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Baronluck

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024
I think it's a few things one lewd games like the ones we like are too much of a PR nightmare for mainstream users. I think the closest we will get are the life Sim games like inzoi (more complex sims type game). Where you're just playing your own character. You will really only see indie devs for these type of games for goons like us.

Also welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks! Inzoi looks super real, mods for that will probably be pretty crazy

Reactions: Gone405

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024

Romantic Escapades

I played this game today and it's awesome! I agree it's a little grindy but it's still really well done. Thanks for the recommendation!