Introduction

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024
Hey everyone!

I'm new to adult gaming, so I'm still learning about the community. Visual Novels are surprisingly really popular. Why is that? The most popular AAA games are third-person action and adventure RPG like God of War, Elden Ring, and Baldur's Gate 3, so I thought it might be similar here. I guess big companies aren't interested in investing in a niche community? Most devs are indie and don't have resources to make big games?

Well I'm indie, and I'm working on my first adult game called Dragon Soul Maidens over on Patreon. Link in my profile since I can't link yet.

What games should I play?

Reactions: Zilcho

NTRCreator

May 26, 2024
Welcome! Large companies often have substantial funds and resources, which enable them to create projects larger than visual novels. As a result, they typically aren’t interested in developing visual novels.

Good luck with your development!

letsgethappy

Dec 7, 2023
Hello Wellcome and i would recommend this:

Romantic Escapades

It is a 3D game made with Unity.

And if we ignore how grindy it is, the dev definitly know what he is doing.
If I manage to use some of the game mechanics for myself I would be quite satisfied.

There are much more arround, that is just an example.
Less for playing itself than to see how you can implement certain game content.
Then good luck for your own game!

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024

Romantic Escapades

If I manage to use some of the game mechanics for myself I would be quite satisfied.

Wow that looks great! Thanks, I'll definitely try it out.

Gone405

May 1, 2024
I think it's a few things one lewd games like the ones we like are too much of a PR nightmare for mainstream users. I think the closest we will get are the life Sim games like inzoi (more complex sims type game). Where you're just playing your own character. You will really only see indie devs for these type of games for goons like us.

Also welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay!

Reactions: Baronluck

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024
I think it's a few things one lewd games like the ones we like are too much of a PR nightmare for mainstream users. I think the closest we will get are the life Sim games like inzoi (more complex sims type game). Where you're just playing your own character. You will really only see indie devs for these type of games for goons like us.

Also welcome to the site hope you enjoy your stay!
Thanks! Inzoi looks super real, mods for that will probably be pretty crazy

Reactions: Gone405

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024

Romantic Escapades

I played this game today and it's awesome! I agree it's a little grindy but it's still really well done. Thanks for the recommendation!

Zilcho

Sep 19, 2024
Welcome. What are you into? Perhaps I can't recommend something in particular, but I'll say this. RPGM-style games are a fucking grindfest usually, and if you can find a VN in RenPy, you can try them out a lot faster (there are regular options that let you skip unseen text if you want and useful console commands). Unity/Unreal and most 3D engine games are usually bloatfests with several GB downloads and nothing but janky, 10-minute demo crap.

Us pirates have a lot of "free" stuff to go through, and I'm not saying you shouldn't try something you're interested in, but especially if you have space/bandwidth limitations, VN games made in RenPy tend to be light and generally a little less buggy (you'd be surprised though at how messed up some of the code can be sometimes).

Read the thread posts, even a cursory glance, for a hint as to how broken and useless a game might be. Or, it'll say a lot of good things, and you know it's worth a try. Either way, you can usually find full saves or cheats or console commands in the thread also, to improve or customize your experience (meaning: skip the grindy bugfest and just get to the scenes).

Baronluck

Sep 26, 2024
Welcome. What are you into? Perhaps I can't recommend something in particular, but I'll say this. RPGM-style games are a fucking grindfest usually, and if you can find a VN in RenPy, you can try them out a lot faster (there are regular options that let you skip unseen text if you want and useful console commands). Unity/Unreal and most 3D engine games are usually bloatfests with several GB downloads and nothing but janky, 10-minute demo crap.

Us pirates have a lot of "free" stuff to go through, and I'm not saying you shouldn't try something you're interested in, but especially if you have space/bandwidth limitations, VN games made in RenPy tend to be light and generally a little less buggy (you'd be surprised though at how messed up some of the code can be sometimes).

Read the thread posts, even a cursory glance, for a hint as to how broken and useless a game might be. Or, it'll say a lot of good things, and you know it's worth a try. Either way, you can usually find full saves or cheats or console commands in the thread also, to improve or customize your experience (meaning: skip the grindy bugfest and just get to the scenes).
Yea, with Romantic Escapades it wasn't until I got close to the end that I noticed there was a cheat option in the menu :LOL:
Could have saved myself a lot of time.

What's a really good bugfree VN that you'd recommend?

Zilcho

Sep 19, 2024
Yea, with Romantic Escapades it wasn't until I got close to the end that I noticed there was a cheat option in the menu :LOL:
Could have saved myself a lot of time.

What's a really good bugfree VN that you'd recommend?
Read my explanations and excuses for this recommendation:
MIST by 395games

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.