Is anyone interested in ryona/snuff/rape content in Ren'Py games?

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
I have an idea to create the Ren'Py game with ryona/snuff elements in it. Idea is to make the game with medieval world where you can seduce girls and main character's family. I want to add some RPG elements in it. I noted that on this site people mostly like incest games.

But I think to add in this game some ryona/snuff content. Like Hitman, to have a possibility not to just seduce girls, but to rape them, poison to make them sleep/kill, maybe some torture stuff etc. It may be possible to kill every NPC and rob him or make him your slave, or some other stuff. I think now – is there any people who interested in this kind of game? I don't want to waste months making a game that nobody would play :)

u z i

lurker
Uploader
Donor
Nov 9, 2018
by snuff do you mean staged/recorded murder?
anyways i would play the game as long as there is variety. i mean i don't mind ryona but i don't want the mc to rape/abuse every single character. but all things considered, i would prefer if there is a good enough story/background to back up the mc's actions.

baka

Engaged Member
Modder
Oct 13, 2016
if snuff it means he gonna have sex with decapitated women im not sure its allowed in here. i would ask the mods first. but its extreme and something i would not play.
the same with rape, i dont find it hot at all and im sure plenty will not play it. but if you make it optional that would increase players. it also depends how detail the killing, torturing and the rape is. since you want to create a snuff/ryona that tells me it will be centered around that and you need an audience with that particular taste. you will get a bunch of people that will enjoy it but you will also be tons of people that will not play it.

Max Craving

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2017
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I think I'll try something. I understood that there is a interested people, but not everyone. If I'll ultimately will make this game, in it there will be possibilities to do many things, but I think to do main storyline and necessary actions – not related to sex. It is all will be just options to play.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
There is, but you shouldn't try to appease everybody. Just make MC immoral from the start and stick with it. Even with seduction stuff it shouldn't be to good.
Otherwise game will be too big and there will be plenty of people who will demand more nice and relatable character. And another potential players will be put-off by pussyfication of protagonist. Game that everybody would like doesn't and will not exist so you should research more about your potential playerbase.

Tataro

Mar 27, 2018
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I think I'll try something. I understood that there is a interested people, but not everyone. If I'll ultimately will make this game, in it there will be possibilities to do many things, but I think to do main storyline and necessary actions – not related to sex. It is all will be just options to play.

Either go all in or don't touch it. Halfway measures leave no one satisfied. There's no such games on the market. You can have all the customers for yourself. Stand out of the crowd. But ultimately your time and your game. Do what you will

hgamefix

Jun 3, 2017
well, about a rape game, i think the medieval concept it's too boring and you should focus on modern time. black mail can be a good option for rape game and can be ended to breaking the girls. Just sayin'

also, hearing ideas from other people can give you more ideas, but it's your game and you should decide the outcome.

Fliptoynk

Nov 9, 2018
Sure... Why not? Just give your players the chance to avoid commiting those fetishes. And if the mc won't do it, some unforseen enemies will

Medieval setting with rpg elements, eh?

I wish your game would have a job class and alignment.
Example:
Footman - either vigilant or corrupt
Cleric - either sympathetic healer or sociopath
Inquisitor - dignified or machiavellian
Hitman - vigilante or thug
Spy - saboteur for good and/or bad

The necessity for alignment will determine how will they deal with npc's and the turn of events.

Forget str, int, agi shiznits... Just
Grind for gears and equipment for dealing with foes or torturing.
Learning fencing/subduing skills or flora/fauna for survival/hunting/trapping and healing/poisoning.
Hope this will give you additional idea.

Doesnt't have to be a total sandbox. Take long live the princess for example.

Reactions: Max Craving

Drakan47

Dec 17, 2018
it's a niche subject, which means you'll get the majority saying "ewww no"... but if you're making a niche product the majority isn't your customers, it's the (few) ones who do have an interest in that stuff whose opinions on your product should matter to you, and as someone has said above, it's an unexploited market.