DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Kind of a weird question for everyone, is there a particular color that comes to mind when you think of Natalie?

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I just noticed my misspelling. The similarity to teal threw me off enough that I didn't even notice until I saw your post with the correct spelling for steel.
I just got lucky and spelled it correctly since I didn't even notice you spelled it wrong. :p Heh So, that's mot 1 Mick 0. :LOL:

Reactions: DigiDec

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
View attachment 3836066

I'll probably go with the steal teel since I was thinking of using red for Claudette.

Now, any ideas for Stella?
For some reason Stella makes me think of royal blues and lavenders. The complimentary golds that go along with those make me think of her dutchess-like position in the company and her family.
So royal blue #6699ff, purple variant #9966ff, and the goldenrod compliment #eead0e

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
For some reason Stella makes me think of royal blues and lavenders. The complimentary golds that go along with those make me think of her dutchess-like position in the company and her family.
So royal blue #6699ff, purple variant #9966ff, and the goldenrod compliment #eead0e
The blue is kind of close to what I'm using for the MC, but we'll try that and see how it goes. I did a quick test and they're different enough that I think it works. Purple and gold are great suggestions but I'm using purples for Sara and Izzi, and Xiang is going to get gold.

Reactions: Buletti and motseer

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
The blue is kind of close to what I'm using for the MC, but we'll try that and see how it goes. I did a quick test and they're different enough that I think it works. Purple and gold are great suggestions but I'm using purples for Sara and Izzi, and Xiang is going to get gold.
Glad to help when/if I can. To figure any of them out, and to get a complimentary palette, I just pull up a hex code site that lets me choose by code or base colors. Then once I've narrowed down the color I'm looking for, it gives me complimentary colors that fit within a palette I can choose.
That's where those secondary colors came from, and why they look good together. :sneaky:

My mother worked in cosmetics and skin care for many years, so that among other things has given me some insight into color palettes, finding the right hue, and matching.
Can certainly be fun, and time consuming if you head too far down the rabbit hole ;)

Reactions: motseer and DigiDec

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
View attachment 3836066

I'll probably go with the steal teel since I was thinking of using red for Claudette.

Now, any ideas for Stella?
Stella can be #ec7063 since her thats around her hair color or #138d75 the color she wore in the bar. Personally i think go with her hair color.
Actually Natalie should use the red family color since it's red encourage "breeding" per say.

Last edited:

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Stella can be #ec7063 since her thats around her hair color or #138d75 the color she wore in the bar. Personally i think go with her hair color.
Actually Natalie should use the red family color since it's red encourage "breeding" per say.
Claudette is getting red and Ness is getting green, and while it makes sense for there to be some overlap they (will) also crosstalk with each other a lot so I'm trying to make it as distinct as possible.

I might try a lighter shade of green for Stella and see how well it contrasts with Ness.

Reactions: Buletti

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
Claudette is getting red and Ness is getting green, and while it makes sense for there to be some overlap they (will) also crosstalk with each other a lot so I'm trying to make it as distinct as possible.

I might try a lighter shade of green for Stella and see how well it contrasts with Ness.
Old friend of mine used to use different base colors that helped them differentiate character type at a glance.
For example, all the aloof characters were variations on an ice blue base, all the deviant and super horny characters were based upon hooker red, and so on. Also characters that were enemies, rivals, or full on nemeses were at opposing sides of the color wheel.

Probably more complicated than you want to make it, just thought it might be something interesting that could help with your brainstorming. ;)

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
Old friend of mine used to use different base colors that helped them differentiate character type at a glance.
For example, all the aloof characters were variations on an ice blue base, all the deviant and super horny characters were based upon hooker red, and so on. Also characters that were enemies, rivals, or full on nemeses were at opposing sides of the color wheel.

Probably more complicated than you want to make it, just thought it might be something interesting that could help with your brainstorming. ;)
This is the biggest problem with looking for feedback, people give me really good ideas that lead me down rabbit holes. :LOL:

I actually flirted with the idea of having the colors shift as the characters change/reveal more of themselves but we try to keep things simple around here.

More broadly speaking I think learning more about color theory would probably be a pretty efficient way to improve the visuals overall.

But I've got one more scene to finish and some typos/bugs to stamp out before I get into all of that.

Reactions: motseer

Mickademous

Nov 21, 2017
More broadly speaking I think learning more about color theory would probably be a pretty efficient way to improve the visuals overall.
Well, I'm glad to help, and simultaneously sorry to hinder :unsure: :sneaky:;)
Interestingly, I've been through color theory in both psych and comms classes; though it has been years.
Some very insightful knowledge and history around colors, palettes, people's emotional connections to different colors, how that's used in society, and how that's changed over the years.

Be happy to discuss it with you some time if you like. Probably easier to do that on Discord than on here.
Have a great one.

RandomGuy99

Nov 11, 2018
This is the biggest problem with looking for feedback, people give me really good ideas that lead me down rabbit holes. :LOL:

I actually flirted with the idea of having the colors shift as the characters change/reveal more of themselves but we try to keep things simple around here.

But I've got one more scene to finish and some typos/bugs to stamp out before I get into all of that.
instead of color shift why not have the font style/type/effect change. You can also have all the characters name in white then evolve to their respective color/font style/font effect as they get corrupted/change.

Evil Font -

There are also fonts called breeder & bimbo just so you know

Last edited:

DigiDec

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2024
instead of color shift why not have the font style/type/effect change. You can also have all the characters name in white then evolve to their respective color/font style/font effect as they get corrupted/change.

Evil Font -

There are also fonts called breeder & bimbo just so you know
See? This is exactly what I'm talking about you guys.

Update's on hold for now, it's going to take me at least a week to decide on fonts for everyone. :LOL:

I do like the idea of maybe certain words or phrases getting different fonts. There's a scene near the very beginning of this next update and then some stuff with Nat where I think you guys will kind of see what I mean. First step is just readability though.

Reactions: Mickademous
5.00 star(s) 10 Votes