VN Ren'Py J-Files: The Penny Conspiracy (Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Anyone interested in NFTs, I've dipped my nervous toes in the water with the on Rarible.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
What am I bidding 4 again?
I hate slavery and there is enough human trafficking of children no less IRL already
Anyone interested in NFTs, I've dipped my nervous toes in the water with the on Rarible.
Pun very much intended ... you better have MC save her and punish the slaver .. or ELSE !!!

Reactions: L8ERALgames

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Have you tried Subscribestar instead of Patreon?
had subscribestar since the beginning. my website promotes it above patreon, and explains why. even put it first in my sig. but most people prefer patreon. by most, i'd say 90+%...

so, it's a big chunk to lose.

having said that, i've seen one or two peeps who do erm VERY not friendly patreon do okayyyy on subscribestar, but there's also the added terror of being only on one platform. and if you're only on one platform and subscribestar suddenly closes down, changes their rules, or whatever, you can sort of have the rug pulled out of you real quick. i've usually been the kind of person to play it safe.

part of this reason is why i'm trying a few different creative avenues, too.

i'm certainly going to drop a test case on subscribestar later this year (rel8algames). i might be able to split my work into two pieces.

RustyV

Conversation Conqueror
Game Developer
Dec 30, 2017
It's a problem. You're game doesn't flagrantly violate he patreon purity codes.
So how do you fix a judgement call when at anytime some dochebag can screw you because they don't like what you did.

Reactions: michaelstvincent

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
It's a problem. You're game doesn't flagrantly violate he patreon purity codes.
So how do you fix a judgement call when at anytime some dochebag can screw you because they don't like what you did.
exactly. i find it more annoying (though i sort of understand the reasoning in a wayyyy) that character design of petite models is automatically assumed underage. which makes it difficult to design characters which aren't silicone boobed amazons with a negative number on the height slider.

i appreciate them wanting to keep the creepy off the platform, but there's a large volume of literal schoolgirl games on their site and last i heard high school is pretty much as underage as you can get outside of 21 jump street.

i can rant about this for days. but am trying to find ways around it which won't just cut off potential income. i also appreciate a lot of people prefer the security that paypal offers through patreon (it's paypal at the end of the day, not necessarily patreon who are the problem).

in a way, i kind of hope there's more acceptance of crypto currency as i'd think that'd loosen the reliance on paypal/credit card companies when gatekeeping the content people want to put their money towards. i'm hopeful we'll get some better options soon.

Reactions: RustyV