VN Ren'Py J-Files: The Penny Conspiracy (Development Thread)

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
penny_logo.png
Overview:
Jack Goff is a College Teacher turned Conspiracy Theorist. He's fulfilling his promise to one of his former students to drive her to Nevada so she can see the infamous Area-51 for herself. What? Why are you looking at him like that? He's not creepy. He's just fulfilling a promise, that's all.

It's an educational trip. Nothing else. And with a mature and sensitive man like Jack at the wheel, what could possibly go wrong...?​

Thread Updated: 2020-02-20
Developer: L8eralgames
Support - (preferred longterm due to Patreon's recent trend toward banning NSFW accounts)
Official Website:
Genre: SciFi, Humor
My Other Game(s): Shag the Hag
Rarible NFTs:

Concept:
The Penny Conspiracy will be a visual novel in the realm of a Choose Your Own Adventure book. But, you know, for adults. Grown-ups. If you're not sure you're a grown-up yet, ask your mother.

Rather than focusing on creating a game where single paths are completed multiple times before you can continue, this will be an unbroken story from beginning to finish and because of that, will be an exceptional game to replay. In fact, some of the Achievements may not be achievable through just one play-through! There won't be any stats to this game, though there will be an Affection-style system which will unlock some dialogue/path options. Ultimately, I want this to be the kind of game you don't mind playing again because some of the interactions will dramatically alter the game's direction.

Current Features in planning include:
  • A card-collection game similar to Where's Wally where some of the cards are hidden in backgrounds.
  • Multiple possible endings
  • Multiple points of divergence where the story can go in radical directions
  • A Stats page where you can see a breakdown of each character and a little bit about them
  • Badges you can unlock which are similar in function to Achievements
  • A gallery which unlocks as you progress (this is in consideration and will depend on time)
A Note about Patreon:
I'd first like to think everyone who joined me. While some did drop off and withdraw support (tell me why!), I was overwhelmed by the support shown both within the Shag the Hag thread and afterwards.

Your support means a lot. Not only might I one day be able to do this for a living (which means more games FASTER), but even the small amount at the moment helps me pay a lot of bills I wasn't able to pay previously. My day job isn't that great (actually, it recently gave me my first hospital ride in an ambulance - those are expensive taxis, btw), so I am truly grateful.

If you do want to support me, please do. And don't forget to then drop into the discord channel and say hi. I like talking Skyrim mods, Daz stuff, Netflix, comicbook boobs, stoner metal, or whatever. I also post a lot of screenshots in there on what I'm working on.

Test Images:
The following images are tests and not indicative of the final product. Especially the GUI. This thread is meant to show the stages of development and I hope some of the changes will prove both entertaining and educational as you witness the power of a creative process in full-swing...

test.JPG penny_test_1.png penny_test_3.png penny_test_4.png penny_test_8_png_icon.png

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
I'm a fan of the more artistic character design, I get tired of seeing the same characters types in most games.
While some did drop off and withdraw support (tell me why!)
I know patreon will ask a survey as to why people leave, does it not show you these results?
I'm already spending more than $50 on a range of artists I like to support so I'm no longer adding to by collection.

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I'm a fan of the more artistic character design, I get tired of seeing the same characters types in most games.

I know patreon will ask a survey as to why people leave, does it not show you these results?
I'm already spending more than $50 on a range of artists I like to support so I'm no longer adding to by collection.
I'm trying for different characters as best I can. I'm going through a (very) slightly toonish phase as you can see with these characters. I don't know why. I just liked it. It looks fun.

I read the surveys, but not everyone puts reasons. I'm not so desperate, as I understand why for the most part.

$50 is amazingly generous to spare for creators, and I understand not wanting to grow onto that. I'm just as happy for the moral support, too. :)

I'm taking a more philosophical than mercenary approach to this game-making thing. Money is nice, and there seems a market for it, but I'm mostly doing it because it's really interesting to create. It combines so many different skillsets (coding, daz, photography, adobe, graphic design, writing, etc), that every day is a challenge and keeps me interested/motivated. My only weakness is I'm not very good at the social side (introvert alert), so I'm mostly winging it.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
it's really interesting to create. It combines so many different skillsets (coding, daz, photography, adobe, graphic design, writing, etc), that every day is a challenge and keeps me interested/motivated
yus! being a creator is awesome!

I think I am just about reaching my balance between toonish and real with my own character design, but experimentation is always fun, but I don't really publish much as a result. I am hoping to finish at least 1 game making project in the year to come.

My only weakness is I'm not very good at the social side (introvert alert), so I'm mostly winging it.
We are all "winging" life :D

Reactions: L8ERALgames

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
O.K. .... getting monsters vs. aliens meets dexter”s labratory vibes real giddy up in this joint!
Any new babe wondering about her swollen bosoms can shack up with me in the bunk of distant iffiness.
We can discover her dream body together while we explore her new cravings and itches I will be happy to help alleviate :)!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Adding some more test renders here, which I've been posting in my Patreon and in my Discord channel.

My Patreons have also been voting on which two aliens will be making it into the game. There will be a third, and a possible robot character, too!

penny_motel_bathroom_background.png test_buggy.png penny_test_7.png penny_test_12.png

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
New school .. wonky ... colourful ... wacky ... big head .. small torso ... poisonous frog appendices and pencil fingers.
Pretty nice to draw in the monsters inc / monters vs. aliens / incredibles crowds.
Well done for the flash!
Now ... bring in the bang!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Did my first renders today! So happy with how they turned out. :)

Also managed to wrestle the GUI so it's now in place and working. It's going to be a busy weekend!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
... they are breaking all the laws against phone while driving...
... they are going to crash in the camera crew any time now with all that mezmerized looking into the phone...
... she is distracting the driver off the road and into her thigs...
... she is turning his gaze from her bosoms to the phone...
... she is ready to slap his bedazzled grin off his bewildered face once he gets a good look of Your HAG chars:)!

Game for Glory!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
... they are breaking all the laws against phone while driving...
... they are going to crash in the camera crew any time now with all that mezmerized looking into the phone...
... she is distracting the driver off the road and into her thigs...
... she is turning his gaze from her bosoms to the phone...
... she is ready to slap his bedazzled grin off his bewildered face once he gets a good look of Your HAG chars:)!

Game for Glory!
never fear! i believe in safe driving at all times, so i'm sure there will be consequences for allowing himself to get, erm, distracted...

she'll slap him more when she discovers his thing for aliens, i'm sure...

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
Excellent news today, my fam!

I made a deal with an erotic audio artist, and she'll be giving me a couple of short erotic audio stories, which you'll be able to find in the game like easter eggs! Only sexier. And stimulating your aural senses. Trust me, she's got one of the cutest and sexiest voices in the game. Her stories are always... hot.

So, I'm paying her for those. And that's where your support money is going.... hint hint.

Side note: I've done more renders. They're awesome. I love them. There's even bewbs.

Roaring ahead!

L8ERALgames

Game Developer
Apr 23, 2019
I love your unique art style! I really hope the game develops well! :)
Thanks! I'm always trying something different. I wanted something which looked different to Shag the Hag. And slightly-toonish and brightly playful seemed right. :)

So far, so good! Got about 100 images so far!

Reactions: TessSadist