RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
My character's stats are decaying on a custom start on easy mode. I don't think that's supposed to happen? Here's a save if you need it. Playing the latest dev version.

Edit: My slave and assistant can cook and practice cooking in the slums on normal mode. Doesn't happen on extreme or easy mode. Was this changed for normal only?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
My character's stats are decaying on a custom start on easy mode. I don't think that's supposed to happen? Here's a save if you need it. Playing the latest dev version.

Edit: My slave and assistant can cook and practice cooking in the slums on normal mode. Doesn't happen on extreme or easy mode. Was this changed for normal only?
Your saved game is not in the slums...? Which stats are decaying? Assuming you upgraded your saved game, maybe you overlooked this change log:

rebalanced slaver stat and skill progress thresholds (many increased, few decreased) to extend progression and make starting choices more impactful (slaver stats in saves loaded from previous versions will be recalculated)

RedGreen3

Apr 13, 2020
Your saved game is not in the slums...? Which stats are decaying? Assuming you upgraded your saved game, maybe you overlooked this change log:

rebalanced slaver stat and skill progress thresholds (many increased, few decreased) to extend progression and make starting choices more impactful (slaver stats in saves loaded from previous versions will be recalculated)
Yes, I overlooked that message. I have no idea what caused the cooking in the slums thing because I can't replicate it after updating to the newest version. I could even buy groceries. The game was extremely deep in a directory, to the point where Windows wouldn't move the game there unless I edited the folder name containing the game. I have since moved the game to a different directory. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
Alrighty, my friends, so played around (2.2.6) and I take my words back you dont need strength, lel, all you need is COCA, nice, suppulent, white magic dust! (#LifeWithoutNarcotics) 2 sparks and you on top of the WORLD! Practically LIMITLESS(Pog movie btw)!

Also understanding Nature-Fear-Taming-Aura and Mood-Allure-Aura shenanigans makes it pretty fun. I even consider now low strength to be a +, since surprisingly my guy is doing a lot of stuff while being frail. Also made some mistakes and even then was capable to C+ contract although I almost regretted not selling D+ was getting too close to bankruptcy.

So as I said as it stands balance is good, dunno how 4x rent gonna hit me but will see. :4Head:

Btw thx for the Updates! :)(y)

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
Also as I remembered, Augustus, considering our previous conversation, guild does NOT have embargo on buying, they have embargo on selling since you can only sell hand to hand if slave branded and you are the registered representative of that brand, I assume it is to prevent kidnappings and infiltrators, which is quite logical. So my point is that auction literally sells slaves for pennies to anybody, guess that shows how crazy Supply is. Which technically means you could buy a slave, train her and then register your brand at guild and to prevent you from selling fakes/assassins you have to work your reputation and connections. But its w/e, just wanted to point that out to ponder. :unsure:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
In Outcasts you get a free barn, so you can add an egglayer to generate 100+ sparks passive income. Can add a cow and even grow pigs if you want.

With high enough guild rep (B+ or better) you can send multiple slaves to arena battles, which also helps. And a race grand champion will eventually bring in more than 50 for prize money.

Selling C+ at auction with multiple specializations should bring in enough to cover rent until you can train at least up to B+.

Using a dungeon to raise fear shortens the disobedient phase. You can soften up a new slave while finishing another, or alternate. Getting a home cryo portal costs 20$ per decade but saves you travel energy, so if you are not using the tavern for meals it’s a good deal.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Also as I remembered, Augustus, considering our previous conversation, guild does NOT have embargo on buying, they have embargo on selling since you can only sell hand to hand if slave branded and you are the registered representative of that brand, I assume it is to prevent kidnappings and infiltrators, which is quite logical. So my point is that auction literally sells slaves for pennies to anybody, guess that shows how crazy Supply is. Which technically means you could buy a slave, train her and then register your brand at guild and to prevent you from selling fakes/assassins you have to work your reputation and connections. But its w/e, just wanted to point that out to ponder. :unsure:
They have a monopoly on the sale, yes. But that also extends to barter trade. A slave cannot be transferred legally from one owner to another without guild involvement in the transaction. Note the slave market is operated by the guild…

Arhkainel

May 25, 2021
In Outcasts you get a free barn
Not a fan of "animal" shenanigans, so my plan is to "anime" train my guy in the slums, mainly Domination, Magic and Whip, gain some cash and solid assistant, then hop in Serpentine and start working with Necropolis, they are rival, but can you get kicked out if you sell to them while in Serpentine? The only thing that can cuck me while stalling in the slums is brand reputation and mood debuff, dunno how fast it raises and how brutal the debuff is, guess will see. :unsure:

Also does accounting of assistant cuts rent, or only living standard? :unsure:

They have a monopoly on the sale, yes. But that also extends to barter trade. A slave cannot be transferred legally from one owner to another without guild involvement in the transaction. Note the slave market is operated by the guild…
Totally agree.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
can you get kicked out if you sell to them while in Serpentine? The only thing that can cuck me while stalling in the slums is brand reputation and mood debuff, dunno how fast it raises and how brutal the debuff is, guess will see. :unsure:

Also does accounting of assistant cuts rent, or only living standard? :unsure:
No, you won't be kicked out. There's only one mood debuff you'll be stuck with a while, from living standard. Interior design gets rid of "decrepit hovel." Only "other expenses" are affected by accounting discount.

Reactions: Arhkainel

Voidbreaker76

May 14, 2023
So, there is something I just noticed with the Colosseum regarding the races and fights.

When you specifically go out to watch or participate in a race or a fight the timer for the next opportunity starts on that very day but if you don't interact with it or you have your slave participate in a fight the timer only starts on the next day instead meaning that it's 11 days instead of 10.

The easiest way to test this is to create a new character and than either watch the race or ignore it and skip ahead 10 days and than see if it's day 12 or day 13 when it next is available and you can do this same thing regarding the fights.

Not sure if this is intended or if someone brought this up before but it's odd enough that I thought to point it out incase it is a mistake.

Last edited:
Reactions: qwertyu12359

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
So, there is something I just noticed with the Colosseum regarding the races and fights.

When you specifically go out to watch or participate in a race or a fight the timer for the next opportunity starts on that very day but if you don't interact with it or you have your slave participate in a fight the timer only starts on the next day instead meaning that it's 11 days instead of 10.

The easiest way to test this is to create a new character and than either watch the race or ignore it and skip ahead 10 days and than see if it's day 12 or day 13 when it next is available and you can do this same thing regarding the fights.

Not sure if this is intended or if someone brought this up before but it's odd enough that I thought to point it out incase it is a mistake.
Drifting dates has been a thing as long as I recall, but I never noticed that this was the cause.

4.00 star(s) 58 Votes