ForgottenNote

Jan 25, 2020
The L patch.
You download the base game. First post, any of the four options under DOWNLOAD. You extract the archive, it creates a folder named "Jack-o-nine-tails v2.2.1".

You download the L-patch by going to the site linked with the name on the first post. Download the patch from the anonfile link. You open the archive. It contains files. You select all those files. Drag them into the Jack-o-nine-tails v2.2.1 folder. You get asked if you want to replace files. Answer yes. Wait for it to be done and you can play from Jack-o-nine-tails.exe in the folder. There's no message saying you've successfully patched the game. You can check if you've succeeded by starting the tutorial and picking Wilhelmina. If in the anatomy tab it says loli, you've succeeded.

Sadly I can't remember what files the L-patch archive contains. I think it's the game folder and a few other things. If you need more detail, let me know at what point the problem happens.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
Anyway, on reputations I'd prefer if it were really clearly communicated when it's moving/how much you need. Could see just showing player the exact point amounts or at least making clear when it's going up. Being crystal clear selling what level slaves to where gives me rep with who. I remember training a guild contract slave, turning her in and having guild rep move and wondering if I had trained a too low rank slave in respect to my rank or what.
I guess it's not the biggest problem but what you get access to or unlimit with higher guild reputation, it's easy to optimize with adding some feedback texts in the dialogs with Angelika when you turn your slave in. Since you have brand reputaion, for those not relevant to guild, you are famous for good brand rep rather than guild rep.

As what ImperatorAugustusTertius mentioned, a higher guild rep allows you to go further in arena fights. it's reasonable, but only unlocking something similar to what I have ever experienced, after the first several arena fights. The core I'm pursuing first is more game contents, and that's what I'm working on. But I 'm using the brand reputation not guild reputation, yes with higher reputation you can get access to brand new contents, it's like meeting with issabella, but followed by a relevant system.

These days I'm on a part of socialing with others for advices or help, and I found no friend in this game. Guild members, club members, ordinary residents, none of them can be called a friend, even without a frenemy, they are just indifferent business partners or the Party A. I tried to find a point where I can make use of my guild reputation, but failed, it's kind of wierd if you are using your guild rep to do socialing not business rather than relationship.

Activities of the guild are arena fights, racing and guild auction, I have no many understandings of how such a guild is established and run(or any inspirations in history). But in several popular CN games about Cultivating immortals to pursue the way of longevity, there should be many guilds(or schools or something, maybe you can establish one, kind of like Kenshi on steam) where such people gathering, sharing different ways to achieve that purpose, and competing with each other.

I'm not sure if it's proper for guild to hold trainning competitions, to update knowing of slavers' professional ability, held every 20 decades. After comprehensive consideration of quality and speed, different tiers of award are given, 1st with 20,000$、guild rep、and a unique items or wearings(given only once),2nd with 10,000$ and guild rep, 3rd with 5,000$ and little guild rep, 4th to ...th with 3000$ and no other reward, the last ... slavers are fired, game over.

Another is allowing your assistant to use the facilities you are using. Like you go to the salon to give the slave a massage. Would be neat if you could have the assistant have one too without making an extra trip. This is especially relevant early on when you don't have the ring to reduce travel cost or the dungeon so you can stash you slave there, move your assistant to slave and then get them the massage. The same applies to other locations, like the Colisseum event fights (you can already do this with sparring).
I agree. Being able to save equipment sets and swap them would be very convenient.
Make sure you save equippments of all slaves and you in one preset.
If seperatedly, you may face problems where you own only one wedding dress, but slave preset 1 and assistant preset 3 both need a wedding dress, one of them get nothing to wear then you have to dress her manually, it's against the original purpose.

Pony gear doesn't bother the slave if they have the Brony trait. Also, if they have the trait "Loves Helplessness", they enjoy wearing the harness (or petsuit / leather shackles). The tail is also acceptable to slaves with the pet trait.
What if you remove the disvantage after her pony skill is A+ and above, like the cow skill?

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Under the current system, the optimal path to S+ guild reputation seems to be taking only "-" contracts and turning in higher-ranked slaves for bonus rep. It doesn't matter how much higher-ranked, if they're above the contract level, you get the same amount. If you get the maximum reputation for every contract, the minimum to reach S+ is 27 contracts.

Here's what I'm thinking to replace it:

We want to reward turning in slaves better than requested by the contract, but we already do this with extra sparks (quality bonus).

Rewarding exceeding contract level within current tier with extra rep (as we currently do) creates a perverse incentive to take "-" contracts to qualify for bonus rep.

Instead, we want to give bonus reputation for turning in slaves rated better than the current guild letter grade, irrespective of contract level. This would be a slave ranked better than the highest contract the guild offers you.

If the slave rating itself is not an achievement, we do not want to give any reputation for completing contracts below the current guild letter grade.

If your guild rep is C-, a D- or D+ contract is beneath you, but if you take a D- contract and deliver a B- slave, B is above C, so that's still an achievement.

Therefore, completing a contract with a slave rated above guild letter grade will award bonus reputation, the better the slave, the more reputation.

Otherwise, completing a "+" contract of at least the same letter grade as guild reputation will award reputation according to the level of the contract, but less than if the slave had a higher rating than the guild letter grade (F- guild reputation is a special case because the D- contract is the highest available and so it qualifies for this award category).

Otherwise, completing a "-" contract of at least the same letter grade as guild reputation will award a fixed amount of reputation, less than a "+" contract (we don't allow contracts of higher tier than guild level [except F-/D-], but "at least" in case we ever do).

These cannot be combined, so you always get maximum reputation for an S+ slave, and you get no reputation for a low-tier contract. Low-tier is any contract other than the highest available and the one just below that.

Below are some ways that players can reach S+ guild reputation:

5 contracts from F- to S+ guild rep: turn in S+ slaves for every contract
1st [F- rep, turn in S+ rating], 2nd [C-, S+], 3rd [B+, S+], 4th,5th [A+, S+]

7 contracts from F- to S+ guild rep: turn in slaves just above guild letter grade
1st [F- rep, turn in D- rating], 2nd [D-, C-], 3rd [C-, B-]. 4th,5th [B+, A-], 6th,7th [A+, S-]

11 contracts from F- to S+ guild rep: always take "+" contracts at highest level available and do not train slaves above guild letter grade
1st [F- rep, turn in D- rating], 2nd [D-, D+], 3rd,4th [C-, C+], 5th,6th,7th [B+, B+], 8th,9th,10th,11th [A+, A+]

15 contracts from F- to S+ guild rep: always take "-" contracts at highest level available and do not train slaves above guild letter grade
1st [F- rep, turn in D- rating], 2nd [D-, D-], 3rd,4th [C-, C-], 5th,6th,7th,8th [B+, B-], 9th,10th,11th,12th,13th,14th,15th [A+, A+]

Most players will probably fall between 10 and 20 contracts, as they will try for quality bonuses but may repeat some lower tier contracts that do not award reputation.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
These cannot be combined, so you always get maximum reputation for an S+ slave, and you get no reputation for a low-tier contract. Low-tier is any contract other than the highest available and the one just below that.
Does it mean, I turned an S+ slave in for a D+ contract, I get D+ money paid with quality bonus, and reputation equal to an S+ contract?
And the money I get still less than an S+ contract with no quality bonus?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Does it mean, I turned an S+ slave in for a D+ contract, I get D+ money paid with quality bonus, and reputation equal to an S+ contract?
And the money I get still less than an S+ contract with no quality bonus?
Yes. You would get reputation equal to an S+ contract. Currently, if you turn in an S+ slave for a D+ contract, you get the same amount of reputation as if you turned in a C- slave.

To be clear, you are asking about sparks and reputation. I am not changing the sparks, only the reputation.

Edited with correction:

The quality bonus is the "normal" price of a contract of the slave's rating level (in this case S+) minus the "normal price" for the contract level. The total payment is normal price (contract level) + quality bonus (normal price [rating level] - normal price[contract level]) so the final payment ends up being the normal price of the rating level. In other words, the same as if you had taken an S+ contract. However, the speed bonus will be smaller for a D+ contract than an S+ contract, assuming you complete it in the same amount of time, because the speed bonus is based on the contract level.

Last edited:

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Seems $npc_type did not reset to '', do you need to clear it when you return from the assistant (the sp_txt 31 screen)? Maybe on Rosa's screen you can affirmatively clear it.

sarinee

Apr 12, 2021
$npc_type does not seem to exist in my version of the code so I do not know.
Yes created by me, originally the Rosa_assistant is your slave, so images not in pic\characters. Enough wierd I didn't meet this problem before.

dynamic $swap_slave_instances, 'slave', '<<$args[0]>>' &! e.g. magic_assistant, maid_assistant, pregnancy_assistant
dynamic "$npc_image['<<$args[0]>>'] = $fullimage[<<$args[0]>>_type]" &!Get the fullimage pic path

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
dynamic $swap_slave_instances, 'slave', '<<$args[0]>>' &! e.g. magic_assistant, maid_assistant, pregnancy_assistant
dynamic "$npc_image['<<$args[0]>>'] = $fullimage[<<$args[0]>>_type]" &!Get the fullimage pic path
By the way, you don't need the second dynamic there, you can just do this:

dynamic $swap_slave_instances, 'slave', $args[0] &! e.g. magic_assistant, maid_assistant, pregnancy_assistant
$npc_image[$args[0]] = $fullimage[$args[0] + "_type"]

Reactions: sarinee

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
1644718392869.png 1644719056234.png 1644721816754.png 1644721914459.png

Reputation objectives tab with more direct guidance. Empty cryo cell display. Revised home capsule text. Slightly revised lactation surgery text (to make clearer that it is referring to acceptance of the result, not the success probability of the surgery itself).

Maybe we should make a different image for the empty cryo cells. It shows only 3 here because the others are not accessible.

Last edited:

downloaderbo

Aug 18, 2017
Downloaded 2.2.1 version.
I have a big problem with Isabela, can't reduce her lust, she is always horny and after some time, she rebels.

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Downloaded 2.2.1 version.
I have a big problem with Isabela, can't reduce her lust, she is always horny and after some time, she rebels.
... she is a nymphomaniac, you know? I doubt that is the cause of her rebellion, though. Define "she rebels", what exactly happens, and what did you do to cause it?

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
-ia branches are updated with more changes:

I. Added "repeat last recipe" button for alchemy

II. Allow access to empty cryo cells when home capsule is rented

III. Text improvements (reputation objectives, taurus club joining requirements, lactation surgery, home capsule)

IV. Fixed speed award calculation for guild contracts (again)

V. Rebalanced guild reputation progression as described up-thread (also, slaves sold via guild auction earn guild reputation only if they are ranked above player's current guild letter grade)

Note: no reputation will be gained for contracts that are excessively late (zero value) or both late and with a quality penalty [quality bonus is negative] (even if non-zero value). The text indicating a reputation increase doesn't fit with all the other text complaining about what a bad job you did, and on reflection, it does not make sense to award reputation for a late, bad job. On the other hand, if the contract is not late and still worth a positive payment overall, then you will receive reputation even if there is a quality penalty. Practically speaking, the guild is tolerant of late contracts until the speed penalty eclipses the entire payment, so you have a grace period ... as long as the slave does not have excessive quality defects.

VI. Tweaked some item effects, mostly mood maluses; more checking shy or frigid traits, pony gear checks race champion trait, heels aren't comfortable for unhealthy slaves, being naked has some benefits now to compensate for the mood malus, perfume gift has an added benefit, headband gift has an added benefit (but is not better than the hijab which is priced the same), spiked collar is now uncomfortable for slaves who aren't at least B+ gladiatrix so there's more reason to use other collars, pet training avoids mood malus from cow gear, etc

VII. Rebalance (reduce) despair increase from more than two punishments per day

VIII. Placing second or third in the race earns a cash prize. Other negative and positive effects of not placing first were reasonable already and still apply.

Last edited:

ImperatorAugustusTertius

Sep 12, 2020
Zero start with latest dev build:

1644784436272.png 1644784830302.png 1644784887789.png 1644784917390.png

No loans. Gladiatrix contract. Beautiful/Healthy/Insensitive/Reserved/Bright/Uncertain/Timid/Slender. Maid B+/Penetration C-/Group Sex D-.

Rating D- in 21 days. C- in 27 days. C+ in 38 days (same day I turned in the contract - winning the arena battle raised her gladiatrix skill and her nature/temperament).

Between 27 and 38 days, having gained devotion, she began to lose her fear. She fell to D+ and D- before building back up to C-. Accidental spoiling contributed.

I could keep her as an arena champion and eventual assistant if I were willing to fail the guild contract.

My lowest sparks balance was around 30$. End of decade billing will be 36$ (40 if I kept her).

Reactions: sarinee
4.00 star(s) 58 Votes