azzfd

Aug 18, 2020
I am currently testing 2.2.3 dev build, congratulations for all the improvements !
However I found that active sex orgasms don't increase temperament, I think it is supposed to ?

• Hey there
Reactions: qwertyu12359

wshawk

Sep 9, 2022
Is it just me or this version is much harder than 1.7.5?
In 1.7.5 I used to instantly move into Serpentine (playing as a silk daddy), get Isabelle and start training C-B rank slaves for guys at residences right off the bat. Now I don't even have time for D slaves, these 300-ish bills every decade are killing me. Am I supposed to train slaves faster, or cut costs somehow (staying in slums without isabelle?)?

Last edited:

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is it just me or this version is much harder than 1.7.5?
In 1.7.5 I used to instantly move into Serpentine (playing as a silk daddy), get Isabelle and start training C-B rank slaves for guys at residences right off the bat. Now I don't even have time for D slaves, these 300-ish bills every decade are killing me. Am I supposed to train slaves faster, or cut costs somehow (staying in slums without isabelle?)?
2.2.2 is much harder indeed, but 2.2.3 dev' version (on the wiki) is around the same level of difficulty. However, the system is different than in 1.7.5 so you cannot expect old habits (and broken strategies that were shared on HF) to work as before.

For exemple, it used to be that Fitness lesson was the easiest one to be obeyed. Now it depends on your slave. For example: if she's sportive, she's likely to accept fitness lesson but if she's lazy and weak, she might rather accept an art or medical lesson. (y)

wshawk

Sep 9, 2022
2.2.2 is much harder indeed, but 2.2.3 dev' version (on the wiki) is around the same level of difficulty. However, the system is different than in 1.7.5 so you cannot expect old habits (and broken strategies that were shared on HF) to work as before.
Alright, that explains a lot, thanks.
I agree that living in fancy house while having poor living conditions does indeed look like an exploit, although I don't get why we should have separate costs/bonuses/penalties for residence and living conditions if we can't set them separately anymore.
As far as I understand, Serpentine is not the best place to move in early-early game and I should somehow get residence in Outcasts quarter, amirite?

Also is there some explanation of groceries/cooking mechanics? Also a large share of my bills, I can probably get same quality of food with less ingredients if I understand how food quality works.

Svenn85

Nov 5, 2018
Yeah I've restarted like 20 times already. I keep running out of money. Lately I just stay in the slums... But I can't figure out how to properly train the slaves. If I punish them for disobedience, their mood goes low and they eventually get depressed. If I try to give them proper food and keep their mood up a little bit, they get spoiled and become disobedient again :p

PS.
How do you guys keep Temperament and Nature from dropping fast and making the slave a soulless doll?

Last edited:

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
Yeah I've restarted like 20 times already. I keep running out of money. Lately I just stay in the slums... But I can't figure out how to properly train the slaves. If I punish them for disobedience, their mood goes low and they eventually get depressed. If I try to give them proper food and keep their mood up a little bit, they get spoiled and become disobedient again :p

PS.
How do you guys keep Temperament and Nature from dropping fast and making the slave a soulless doll?

A few months back someone made a walkthrough step-by-step for Johnny, one of the harder starts. Check it out in this post.

Training is a balancing act, it's hard to make a perfect guide because the slaves react differently depending on their mind and body. Sometimes severe punishments are necessary but you have to balance out their mood somehow, possibly with a visit to the spa.

The in game tutorial has a lot of information, reading can be a bit of a slog but almost everything that you need to succeed is written in there. Highly recommend that you give it a(nother) read.

Temperament and nature can be maintained by keeping your slave happy (in a good mood). It almost always drops some at the beginning of training but there are some activities that can help mitigate the loss, such as gladiatrix training, arena fights or performances.

Does pregnancy still result in you losing your slave?

What are the big changes from 1.7.5?
Yes, once pregnancy is advanced enough to show, the Vatican will collect your slave and leave you with no compensation.

Many changes have been made since the Hong Fire days, you can read the highlights in the OP. The soul of the game is still the same but it's been improved in nearly every way.

Reactions: qwertyu12359
Sep 29, 2018
Is it possible to mod the sound effects? I know you can just swap out the audio files, just have the same name, but can I add multiple sounds for one action? Even if I have to go balls deep into the code I'm willing to do it, as long as it's possible. Does anyone know?

Reactions: HaywoodJefokov

qwertyu12359

Jack-o-nine-tails
Game Developer
Aug 1, 2017
Is it possible to mod the sound effects? I know you can just swap out the audio files, just have the same name, but can I add multiple sounds for one action? Even if I have to go balls deep into the code I'm willing to do it, as long as it's possible. Does anyone know?
It should be possible. I haven't tried yet, but the first thing I'd try is ctrl+f the name of existing sfx in Qgen. Then I would see which actions have several audio files assigned to it, and figure out how it differs from actions which have only one. With that, the knowledge is gained and you'll probably be able to edit how big is the interval of sound effects.

I normalized all audio files to around -24 LUFS so I suggest doing so to new effects or that could throw away the loudness homogeneity in your game.

krustus

Feb 21, 2022
Hey my friends! I thought to myself that it would be nice if someone wrote a detailed Guide for our newer players who struggle a lot. A Guide i would be really happy about if i had one when i started. Jack O' is amazing but so many people get disheartened and quit. And that is very sad. With this Guide i hope to give a lot of clarity and a clear way to start your first Save.

This will be a long Project and not just one Post. My Goal is to have an comprehensive Guide of the first 100 Days as Johny on Normal Difficulty. And that will take time and effort. I make a lot of Screenshots and try to go as much In-Depth as possible. I will Edit this Post and post a seperate comment every time i have a new Part up. When everything is finished i will try to find a more permanent place to post it. Somewhere more permanent.

Before we start: English is not my first language but i will try to be as precise as possible but there will be awkwardness in my phrasing hehe. And i am by no means a pro at this Game and my Guide is certainly not the most optimized or Uber-Pro Guide. It is just what worked for me with 2 different Johny and 1 Uncle Tom start. So why not share it, you know?

Without further ado, lets Go:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So this is the End of the First Day, i hope it will help you guys out a bit. I will try to upload a new Part in a timely manner. Goal is every 2-4 days a new Part. I am certain i missed a few things i wanted to say, so keep an eye out on this post, i am certain there will be ocassionally Edits and Updates done. I will make a seperate Spoiler for them in case i need them. Have a good Day and good luck in the Eternal Rome!

Jun 28, 2020

Do all clothes still retain the same bonuses in the lastest version? feel like leather gloves and carbon fiber gloves should be swapped, and does the wedding dress increase devotion? I think I read that before but I'm not sure

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018

Do all clothes still retain the same bonuses in the lastest version? feel like leather gloves and carbon fiber gloves should be swapped, and does the wedding dress increase devotion? I think I read that before but I'm not sure
In the latest updates not all clothes retain the same bonuses but mostly they do. Leather gloves were updated to give a bonus to alchemy training and they retained their weak bonus to combat skill training. The wedding dress no longer gives a devotion gain directly but it gives a mood bonus and helps with training sexual skills.

That wiki always amazes me that it's still online, feel like it could go 404 at any time. I tried downloading it years ago but it turned into too much work and I gave up.

Jayqze

Apr 3, 2022
feels like im on my 100th restart. been playing for 2 days. i think im starting to figure out how to play this game. really nice idea and world building. ive been trying to get the slaves lvl as high as possible (c+)

edit: isabella still gains fat by default. i set the rules in a way that she can cook with whatever ingredients are available. my fault?
slave was spoiled but after she got obedient (enough?) i gave her clothing items which reduced the spoiling from 2 to 1. couple days after that i gave her a full beauty treatment and now its at 0. so "spoiling" her when shes obedient enough reduces it?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2020
In the latest updates not all clothes retain the same bonuses but mostly they do. Leather gloves were updated to give a bonus to alchemy training and they retained their weak bonus to combat skill training. The wedding dress no longer gives a devotion gain directly but it gives a mood bonus and helps with training sexual skills.

That wiki always amazes me that it's still online, feel like it could go 404 at any time. I tried downloading it years ago but it turned into too much work and I gave up.
I see, so the devotion bonus was real, I wasn't tripping again I guess... the alchemy bonus from the gloves seems fine and makes sense, the thing is that the gladiatrix bonus benefit the carbon fiber gloves... but the art shows them with the fingers cut out... like, wouldn't it have less protection than the leather ones? and the style bonuses benefit the leather gloves(+1) over the carbon fiber ones(-1) but the art makes the fiber ones look way cooler and it has been triggering my autism for a while. I know is a dumb topic but had to take it out from my chest.

StJesuz

Donor
Jan 17, 2018
feels like im on my 100th restart. been playing for 2 days. i think im starting to figure out how to play this game. really nice idea and world building. ive been trying to get the slaves lvl as high as possible (c+)

edit: isabella still gains fat by default. i set the rules in a way that she can cook with whatever ingredients are available. my fault?
slave was spoiled but after she got obedient (enough?) i gave her clothing items which reduced the spoiling from 2 to 1. couple days after that i gave her a full beauty treatment and now its at 0. so "spoiling" her when shes obedient enough reduces it?
There was a change/fix made in the latest development build where your assistant will maintain a fit body without manual intervention. There is a link in the OP to another thread with instructions on how to install the dev version from gitgud. I recommend updating, you won't have to download all the media again and your save game should work just fine (but back it up just in case).

Spoiling can be tricky, many things can cause it. Try reading through sections 2 and 3 of the tutorial, great tips there.
- make sure your slave has rules to follow
- one reward a day, no greater than merit
At the same time, spoiling can be a useful tool, not always to be avoided at all costs.

the art shows
I feel that. The carbon fiber gloves seem like an oddly specific name. Maybe we rename them to "gauntlets".

Finding art for the game is a challenge, but .

Jayqze

Apr 3, 2022
thank you jesuz for always having the right answer! was able to update to 2.2.3. thought because the stuff ive read was weeks ago that it was implented already. now isabella prob can barely move but i think i can figure it out.

the spoiling problem must have been me giving more than 1 reward a day.. thought i knew what i was doing.. >_>

Jayqze

Apr 3, 2022
for everyone that might have a problem with a fat assistant (isabella) that doesnt want to lose weight in 2.2.2 heres a quick tutorial to update it to 2.2.3

get on the jack-o-nine wiki page
click on the link right below "dev' version" named GitGud
click on game base; click on where it says "master" and choose "master-ia" (for no-loli) or "master-ia patch" (for loli)
download the files (button on the left side of clone)
extract the files into the game folder and overwrite; when you load your current savegame and you get the message that the build has been updated to 2.2.3 you did the right thing

might want to have 2 game folders with the complete game in case something goes wrong
after that just delete the old one

now your assistant should stop gaining weight.
sorry for writing this kinda weird. just wanted to be sure that this can get found (dunno how frequent updates are) and that dumb people like me could understand it

Edit: if there are any mistakes please let me know. now back to me finding out how i got impotent whilst having sex.

4.00 star(s) 59 Votes